GALNET - 11 AUG - SILENT AFTERMATH

I was on an iCourier, so outrun them when they started shooting (and was reading the inbox, so good call there). But then, I got killed a couple times trying to rescue someone from Fort Ash, so I should be in that statistic
That was those caught in the finale alone! I was already hitting boost in my Krait II after reading the first line. So, I didn't make that number, but added, just like you, to the total of losses immediately following - only a couple of times though. I'll head back later and collect some mats - and probably die a few more times!

Pls tell me, every (real) Cmdr in this system died at this 'event' (rebuy)?
I nearly died but made it out, I was a bit distracted with all the new stuff, but when I heard the interceptors arrive I hit fa-off/boost! Went and built a small courier for scanning and picking up the mats, have died a few times in the new ship. But seems not all that hard, go in and when the interceptors arrive boost and charge the FSD. Only dangerous if you stick around, they can't kill what isn't there anymore.. :D

I was in ship docked at Bright Sentinel when it happened. Blown out into spoace in a dead ship and watched the fireworks, but the systems came back on line and I managed to get moving. Couple of Thargoids showed up so I ran and managed to make it to another system, randomly chosen.

I should note that my ship did not have any alien tech modifications or cargo.

Yup, as they say never take a knife to a gun fight. Had my trusty Cobra MkIII... died. Went back in my Krait MkII Xeno build and landed on the planet by the debris field before being chased away by a Thargoid Interceptor - new type. Then went back and explored the debris field until chased away by a group of Scouts - again a new type not seen before and a couple of Interceptors. Also had some "gung ho" commander kiddie ganker who pulled me out then shot me up... my Krait may be defenceless (or at east the Gauss Cannons that where on it)... But its tough as nails and very very fast, lost him, then he pulled me again this time I just boosted away he did not touch me, then he got me again, I again just boosted and no harm done, at which point I expect he searched "Meta Ganker" as I did not hear from him/her again.

Anyone got any interesting leads on where to go / search?

Yup, as they say never take a knife to a gun fight. Had my trusty Cobra MkIII... died. Went back in my Krait MkII Xeno build and landed on the planet by the debris field before being chased away by a Thargoid Interceptor - new type. Then went back and explored the debris field until chased away by a group of Scouts - again a new type not seen before and a couple of Interceptors. Also had some "gung ho" commander kiddie ganker who pulled me out then shot me up... my Krait may be defenceless (or at east the Gauss Cannons that where on it)... But its tough as nails and very very fast, lost him, then he pulled me again this time I just boosted away he did not touch me, then he got me again, I again just boosted and no harm done, at which point I expect he searched "Meta Ganker" as I did not hear from him/her again.

Anyone got any interesting leads on where to go / search?
Like a lot of pilots, I've found codexes in scanable little black boxes, and megaships uplinks.
FD says many more things to be found. Haven't found anything more, and now i'm on an exploration trip =)

I have never done AX before and the Thargoids at HIP 22460 are the first I meet.
Is it a known capability for some of them to "destructure" themselves into a swarm of hm.. little thingys that move very fast, and "restructure" as a ship a few hundred meters away? One did that right in front of me before opening fire.

That would make sense, of course. It seems logical to spread the death and destruction around to as many players as possible so one would want to wait until ALL updates are installed and ready to go.

In the meantime, I'm sure we'll hear a thing or two on Galnet pointing to some odd thing here or an event there that we can all still go look at, etc. I'm still sitting here on a star system in the Flame Nebula region just one jump away from the COL 70 Sector and it's still locked up tighter than a frog's rear end. Noted that COL 70 Sector FY-N c21-3, mentioned in several ancient postings long ago, was where several thargoid signals were being pointed at, and it's only 299 light years from my current starting point.

If nothing happens by Friday I'll head back home and do regular hauling, etc. However, if I see the narrative pointing to hints about COL 70, I'll head back out there. Just not sure how long I'd survive, but hey, who wants to live forever?
Lore-wise Col 70 is locked up for Wreaken Mining, no? My hope/guess is that it could happen as the the Torval Mining Ltd arc evolves, though that's been quiet for a while.

Lore-wise Col 70 is locked up for Wreaken Mining, no? My hope/guess is that it could happen as the the Torval Mining Ltd arc evolves, though that's been quiet for a while.
That might have something to do with it but I'm not sure. There has been a lot of speculation about that area being the home of the Thargoids, as there have been several reports (back in ancient times) of signals being sent to certain star systems in that area.

I didnt die at all. I just used the shutdown field neutraliser then jumped to supercruise. I was in a tough ship, I had to do same dance every time I dropped into a p.o.i but I got to collect the logs, salvage and explore the things. It was much less dangerous than the earlier AX CZ for me as I wasnt trying to fight them. It was exciting though for a while.

Are you sure it’s a new type? Did you scan it?
When you say new type do you mean not cyclops, basilisk, medusa or hydra .. but a new type, new type?
Like not a stroppy one of those four but a new one?? If so I need samples (if not, am steering clear!)
Ahhh hands up. Not sure. They do not look like anything I have fought before and they fire red laser style bolts but I confess I did not scan them.

I will but it’s a bit hot today in the uk and I can’t (be bothered) to fire up the blow heater that is my PC until it cools down a bit. I am sure more adept and hardy cmdrs will scan the - let’s say - different looking interceptors before I get around to it.

I have never done AX before and the Thargoids at HIP 22460 are the first I meet.
Is it a known capability for some of them to "destructure" themselves into a swarm of hm.. little thingys that move very fast, and "restructure" as a ship a few hundred meters away? One did that right in front of me before opening fire.
I assume the lack of answers mean "Uh?? Never saw that" ?

I nearly died but made it out, I was a bit distracted with all the new stuff, but when I heard the interceptors arrive I hit fa-off/boost! Went and built a small courier for scanning and picking up the mats, have died a few times in the new ship. But seems not all that hard, go in and when the interceptors arrive boost and charge the FSD. Only dangerous if you stick around, they can't kill what isn't there anymore.. :D
Wouldn't a 'stealth' build be better. Just hide until the 'Goids disappear.

There's different types of stealth. Like silent running (bring heat sinks).

there is only one way to be stealth to sensors in elite dangerous. Reducing your heat signature. Silent running is just a means of doing this temporarily without heat sinks. Combining it with heatsinks is better. Heatsinks alone might accomplish the same goal if they can drop temps low enough but it is much more temporary than the time needed to start building heat back up with silent running.

it's all heat. It's only heat. That's all the game leverages.

Top Bottom