GALNOT 08/12/3308 | THARGOIDS USE 'ULTIMATE WEAPON' IN UNFOLDING WAR

THE GREAT RESET.jpg

The Pilots Federation was rocked to its foundations today as humanity learns more of Thargoid weapons and tactics used in the unfolding galactic conflict.

Eminent weapon scientist Dwane Chutney spoke to Vox Galactica regarding the troubling discovery:

"As more information is gathered, we are seeing the Thargoids reverse engineer human technology just as Salvation tried to do the same with Thargoid and Guardian relics."

He continued:

"Thargoid probes have seemingly intercepted human communications and allowed Thargoids to reverse engineer buttons and on / off switches. The recovered picture seen below seems to have been the blueprint for such a device:

d4720a897db098ac0cccd291af78b88d.jpg

From reports Thargoids have then used experimental reset tactics on captured human test subjects, and seem to be now employing them in the field. Weekly resets of progress have become more dangerous than any weapon we could develop and have broken the pilots will to fight. I've seen battlehardened veterans reduced to tears, a few months on the emotional damage will be incalculable."

Thinking that we had agency, you mean? Yep, won't do that again :p

Vast bulk of players supporting the AXI nominated system? Not entirely sure what the mistake was - other than believing that would actually, you know, have long term impact.

To be honest I was thinking things more like roll right instead of roll left for the purposes of my Edge Of Tomorrow analogy.

AdolescentBlaringAustralianfurseal-size_restricted.gif

If you think about it, currently they took some of the more annoying aspects of PP and 2.0'd them the wrong way - weekly resets against 2+ weeks doom timers and the evolution to the slow material loading, which is taking a full board of supply missions - accept 1 mission, end up in depot to take the items, navigate and go through the mission list loading again to take the next mission.

No no no, you've got it all wrong. I did some hardcore audio analysis of the Thargoid roar and figured out what they were using.. results were:

"Wenn ist das Nunnstuck git und Schlotermeyer?"
"Nein, Beierhund, das oder die Flipperwald geshput!"

Luckily I only understood about two words of the output but I still spent several weeks in the hospital.

No no no, you've got it all wrong. I did some hardcore audio analysis of the Thargoid roar and figured out what they were using.. results were:

"Wenn ist das Nunnstuck git und Schlotermeyer?"
"Nein, Beierhund, das oder die Flipperwald geshput!"

Luckily I only understood about two words of the output but I still spent several weeks in the hospital.
I'm german and that doesn't make any sense at all, so it's fine, my dude! Enjoy your stay and recovery :)

The thargoid war is something you can participate in to shoot massive amounts of goids in a futile scenario if you want the challenge.

It's not meant to be something that humanity wins. Attempting to "win" the war is going to be as fulfilling as exploring the rest of the galaxy. If you go in thinking you're going ot get something positive out of it, you're doing it wrong.

The bubble is supposed to burn. It will allow the game to change into something that can finally make player actions in the game matter. (potentially). Accepting that outcome is not a bad thing. It's very good. Just go into the weekly battles not with the mindset of beating the thargoids, just with the mindset of shooting some a bit and then doing something else.

Indeed, I think that the thargoid war is here as a permanent feature. The devs didn't just create all this as a CG that will be over in a month, it's a new addition to the game where you can go if you want to fight thargoids. If you don't want to, then keep playing as usual but stay away from the dangerous areas. It's nice to see that they are bringing more powerful weapons to let everyone have some fun shooting thargs, hopefully those of us that have progressed further can still have out PvE boss fights..

The thargoid war is something you can participate in to shoot massive amounts of goids in a futile scenario if you want the challenge.

It's not meant to be something that humanity wins. Attempting to "win" the war is going to be as fulfilling as exploring the rest of the galaxy. If you go in thinking you're going ot get something positive out of it, you're doing it wrong.

The bubble is supposed to burn. It will allow the game to change into something that can finally make player actions in the game matter. (potentially). Accepting that outcome is not a bad thing. It's very good. Just go into the weekly battles not with the mindset of beating the thargoids, just with the mindset of shooting some a bit and then doing something else.
The thing is, we were supposed to get owerwhelmed, we may have defend one system sucessfuly, but lose 10 more in meantime.. Imagine scenario where squadron is defending home system against thargoids for several weeks.. Thats cool!.. Not this stupid reset
They should have let us keep that system, this mechanic is straight up demoralizing

Top Bottom