News Gamescom 2016: Day Three - Complete

Insta transportation should be delayed by actually travel time from the location to the destination. It will make it more beliveble. Maybe even have to hire a transport NPC crew to transfer it. Yeah thats how it should be done :)

Actually I think if the station you are in has the ship you are transffering then instant would be more of a replacement. If the station does not have the ship then there should be a period of time for transfer

They "could" work the insta transport issue by saying that the tech exists but it won't allow for organic matter to pass - which is why an NPC non human flown craft would be able to "teleport" through to your location, and you cannot.... When are we getting keybind to "request docking" and the option to bind keys to specific sub systems that's what I want to know.

Wondering if the instant transport is to reduce the number of timers that would need to be running on the servers. Could put a fair bit of extra stress on the servers?

They "could" work the insta transport issue by saying that the tech exists but it won't allow for organic matter to pass - which is why an NPC non human flown craft would be able to "teleport" through to your location, and you cannot.... When are we getting keybind to "request docking" and the option to bind keys to specific sub systems that's what I want to know.

Interesting idea! But then you'd have to account for why that doesn't eliminate the trading profession completely (or at least confine it to transporting purely organic goods). :)

You can plot routes with only scopable stars on 2.2 just mark the right stars and BANG! :)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Yeah i maybe got a little over the time ... but i imagine as a delivery company, they dont ship it instantly but with some delay. Plus i think that any of these values means that you can dock there and in the other day have your ship waiting for you FEELs like time in the game is also passing while youre out of it... so you CANT have your ship Imediate, or maybe the jump range of the ship also can be part of the ETA calculator.... so an ASP/ANACONDA would be fast to get to you, but CORVETES and VULTURES take time....

The mechanic in EVE worked quite well where you created a contract and advertised it for another player to pick up. The transport could be handled by and NPC, but shouldn't take less time than it would take to fly the ship there by the most efficient route. It just means you could do other things whilst you wait. Otherwise I could pop to Jaques in a huge range Asp (thanks to some grade 5 engineer mods), then instantly move my Anaconda there to begin mining. It makes no sense.

Love the storage options (about time), but would be good if you could rent hangar space to store materials and cargo too...

I must admit to being cold to ship launched fighters until it was mentioned by Sandy that up to 16 could be used in combat.

I believe in the livestream they said only 1 can be used at a time. If the single SLF is destroyed you can created up to 16 but not use all 16 in one fight, apparently you'll have enough components on-board to assemble up to 16.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

If the movement is instantly the only way to control exploiting this feature is by making it very expensive to move high value ships over big distances.
Lets assume that far away station like Jakes or Maia will NOT have this service at all. Perhaps it will be available only in the bubble.

Sandro said in the livestream that they have yet to decide on the prices although they will be based on ship cost and distance. He also said they don't want to make the prices prohibitively expensive and they will be capped. He also stated, when asked the question, that yes instant transfer to Jaques will be possible.

So unless they retract these decisions the exploits will be grand!

I suppose I would be OK with insta-transfer so long as the ship was actually capable of making the trip...have the route plotted, take into account FSD equipped, and fuel scoop...if a human pilot could make the trip...then sure, why not. If the ship is not capable of making the trip as is...then it should be a no go.

Seriously, making the insta delivery more of a pain in the neck is not what this game needs. Players are not their characters. For a player, waiting for even 30mn is not the same as our sim character would do.
Why make the _player_ wait for some time in a game where it is already badly used in so many aspects ? Making it a litle more cinematographic en enjoyable per minute wouldn't hurt.

There are still dozens of immersion breaking things, flawed game mechanics, and ANNOYING things in this game that seriously hamper our game experience. And Dev time would be way better spend on these.

If you guys think this break your pleasure to have the ship instantly brought to you, just role play wait for 12 hours (set your own amount) before using them, you already keep going with worse than this in this game, and please let Frontier People focus on things actually improving the game.
And PLEASE, as for once, a feature does not turn into a grind or RNG, do not discourage the devs from it ! (Even the more so as you can work around what you dislike by just waiting).

Dear FD crew, thanks for all these improvements and new ways to add to our enjoyable+rewarding per time spent in the game, these will be more welcome than the average forum noise might suggest at times.

I can agree with this. I do personally think however they should put transfer on the backburner and rework the game from the ground up to make what is already there fun and not a chore. a band aid like instant transfer is just that, quick fix to otherwise unfun game mechanics. They will keep adding half       expansions and powerplay bull**** that no one plays and the game will be full of what could have been.

everything consists of: flying or flying and shooting, driving or driving and shooting. the "missions" are isolated events all brought to you by the power of menus, the rest and the interconnection of it all is in your head. so people are fed up with flying, does anyone play cqc? god knows is going on with the background simulation so wherein lies the true selling point now (i maintain its the space experience)? The game is patchy with a fill in the blanks to make sense of things attitude. if people rather skip journeys in your g flying game, i would take a long hard look at that instead of saying fawk it its friday u can teleport s*** now. they will sweep more and more under the rug until the game consists of laughable mechanics that will be too many to go back on. unless we are on season 2 of placeholder mechanics which will all be revised and fleshed out... are we tho?

Last edited:
This sounds like ... [cry]

The game mechanics are fine. After fixing the AI is see the game has the best status so far with 2.1.05. Its wonderful and we have a lot of fun there with our wing.

Just been reading the news for the game and I'm against instant transport as well. I like the ship's coming to you bit but think if you do it then it should take the time it would to go get it yourself and for a fee. I know some casual gamers think its better but I'm sure they can use an other ship while they wait as for me instant ship breaks the immersion of the game.
Have to say but I like the other ideas and keep up the good work, its a game I keep coming back to too me and again.

It also represents a huge problem of essentially making FSDs irrelevant. You could get to a distant destination in something like an Asp Explorer and never have any reason to spend money on upgrading your additional higher-tier transport-centric craft's jump drive, because you would just summon it over there.

because that adds nothing to your gameplay.

It just lets you teleport.

The point of making ships available is it gives you more choice/flexibility without having to jump back somewhere

Top Bottom