Gamescom 2018

PAX West is next week, where FDev are also having a Community Meet (FDev aren't listed as an exhibitor there).

Eurogamer Expo is in four weeks, however FDev haven't announced anything regarding it yet (they were last there 3 years ago, and had an Elite Meet)

TwitchCon is in five weeks, that at least Bo is attending (Ed went last year too).

Yep those are smaller events, I think if they had a Big reveal Gamescom was the right place to do it...

Just like tonight they'll probably not even do a stream at PAX West.

There's also Paris Game week but not sure frontier has ever been there.

Frontier's communication policy in action :p

yup - they said it was for attendees, so they deliver what they promise. As usual ;)

Yep those are smaller events, I think if they had a Big reveal Gamescom was the right place to do it...

Well, apart from the fact they've been communicating for weeks that there is no big reveal at gamescom. Probably even if there was a big reveal you wouldn't listen to them ;)

I got info from Frontier Meet & Greet from one guy who was there.
When asked what are they showing he answered "Weapons, locations, ships, guardians".
I guess we know more Soon (TM).

yup - they said it was for attendees, so they deliver what they promise. As usual ;)

Well, apart from the fact they've been communicating for weeks that there is no big reveal at gamescom. Probably even if there was a big reveal you wouldn't listen to them ;)

Yeah sure for weeks... They wrote a comment on a topic that was then deleted...

Go read my pevious comment before playing white knight...

"Gamescom is the last big conference of the year so it was not unreasonable ( until they said they'll show nothing) "

I got info from Frontier Meet & Greet from one guy who was there.
When asked what are they showing he answered "Weapons, locations, ships, guardians".
I guess we know more Soon (TM).

Well, as expected Q3. In fact, I am more interested in changelog of bug fixes than Thargoids / Guardians content (as I haven't been brave to step into story line).

Sounds good actually for a short turnaround update.

It does. I personally like this new schedule they offer. I suspect/hope this is how they will continue from now on - Q1 and Q4 will have bigger updates (and one of them premium DLC release), and Q2/Q3 will have smaller ones.

“I’m not talking to you about this.” is not communication.

Thanks everyone! My post isn’t new though, I posted it in the suggestion forum a year and a half ago, see the link in my signature.

I can only hope that Frontier read it, along with the countless other exploration ideas over the years, and gleamed some concepts and inspiration for what has now become the Q4 update. Lets hope we get more than just probes added to the exploration gameplay.

Rebellions are built on hope....

- More sizes for existing weapons
- New engineers in Colonia
- A third Chieftain, now with SLF
- Guardian SLF

Last edited:
  • New weapons:
    • Large Dumbfire Missiles
    • Large Seeking Missiles
    • Large Torpedo Launcher
    • Large Multicannon Turret
    • Small Shock Cannon T/G/F