Patch Notes Update Gamma 2.00 incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Finally finished downloading and I can successfully log into the game, but I can't do anything in the starport menu / cockpit. No reaction to mouse, no reaction to keyboard (except escape key). Anyone else with this issue?

I have exactly the same problem. Already ticketed and hope they fix it fast.

Geez you stop playing for a while and theres gamma 2.0 o.o

Also whats an Adder? That a new alien race by any chance?

I think I spotted the secret that's been added.. landing pad markers disappear completely within the major stations as you approach the pad (in fact, you can see them vanish from outside the docking window if one is within your view) *but* as long as you spotted which pad is yours, you can still land on it. It's a new mini-game.. spot the pad before we turn the lights off! :D

Ticketed tho, just in case I'm wrong ;)

Now the HOTAS key bindings didn't change so I thought I was OK. But then I discovered the keyboard was 'wiped'. No J for SC/HJ. Retract hardpoints: not the key I assigned, if any. Pressing 1 for the ship computer left? Nope.

Please FD, do not change the key bindings. Thank you.

Change log Gamma v2.0
Dynamic Range: 3 Dynamic range options added ... “standard speakers/Headphones” mode, which is the same as previous releases, with a target integrated volume of approx -23dB EBU R128. A low dynamics “Night-Time” mode for playing at low volumes, without losing too much detail, or getting blown away by loud sounds. And a high dynamic “Home Cinema” mode for powerful speakers at loud volumes. The new modes are a “work in progress”, so feedback from players is very welcome.

Bugs
- Compensated for surround down-mixing peculiarity, resulting in unexpected music, ship voice, and voice comms volumes. Please let us know if issues still persist.

This is cool

Don't forget to Ticket bugs

Last edited:
- Pass on the adder. Addered (!) some details.
- Tweaked massively loud gurgle-y outpost (no more drinks for you outpost!)

I love you guys. Even the logs are fun to read :)

the orbit lines are once again showing through the planets

I had orbit lines flashing on and off.

Star background looks much better, still wish for a brightness slider in the settings. Change log however stated that there is still some work on the background to do, so OK.

Thank You FD for all of your hard work putting this together. For those of you that did not notice, they (FD) are monitoring this thread. Best customer support team I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Please help them out by capturing and uploading the additional requested information.

Being in the U.S.A. makes it very unlikely that you can swing by for dinner and drinks. I still want to invite anyone on the ED team to come on over. Just swing by West Virginia where I will supply the steaks and moonshine. You'll have such a good time you probably won't remember. Please stagger your response as I can only accomodate about 5 before things get a bit too crouded. I don't want to make someone sleep on the back porch. Of course the dog won't mind the company.

Thanks again for all the great work!

Whilst I wait, lets pick out some other interesting highlights or just funny user story titles from the change log.

1. When making a faction selection use the two factions sent as part of the scenario if they're there rather than cooking up our own
Loving the honesty

2. If AI ships get "stuck" during SuperCruise time-out and either skip to the next waypoint, or drop out of SuperCruise
I've seen them being stuck, wondered what was happing.

3. Added capital ship checkpoints at some major systems in the Federation and Empire
I wonder where they are?

4. Delay the scenario initialisation until GalacticRegion is initialised, otherwise we'll end up with a bucket of scenarios in a NULL system that will never appear
I'm not sure what it means, but I sure don't want it happening

5. Don't treat asking for scenarios in a system where we have no data as an instant success (oops), but instead don't reply until the chain is complete
Just lol

6. We should be able to repair the ship hull in 10% increments in the same way that we can modules
Consistency

7. Removed all police interdictions on clean vessels
That was just annoying

By the way, seeing the actual results of a mission is very nice.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

For those of you that did not notice, they (FD) are monitoring this thread. Best customer support team I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

^ That ^. Kudos FD team.

Took me about as long to read as it took to download, that's not a complaint though this patch looks great! Still unclear on one little thing: shooting wanted people won't aggro their faction anymore, does this also mean that we can gain reputation now with bounty hunting? Got 100ish kills in the same system and have never ever seen a blue arrow pointing up :(

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom