PvP Gankers - why can't pvp be made consentual?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
And if you're lying there on the ground, unable to move very well, and a group of ambulances turn up, and proceed to repeatedly drive over and reverse over you? All's well?

I think all people are after in OPEN is some rhyme and reason to it. For mindless destruction to have sensible penalties, and even better, for the game to actually offer and promote some long overdue meaningful and easy to access PvP gameplay.

Seriously. Consider here we are four years on, and if you want to PvP right now what do you do? What's the quickest way to it? Interdict random players, for no real in game purpose? Contact someone for a consensual PvP sessions, for no real in game purpose?

Four years! And we're still having to make the best out of this paper thin PvP stuff?

Why excusing the game's shallow gameplay four years on with, "If you go into OPEN, you sign up to the continued poor mechanics!"

Maybe better to suggest we need improved mechanics and gameplay in OPEN (at long last)?

Aren't you one of the people who quit playing some time ago?

Look simple as this, if you fly in open key word open means that you are willing to take a chance when other players see you, trust me most of the time they cant pvp aka 1 v 1 worth a dang, have seen it plenty of times coming into shinrarta system. They have to gank with 6 or 7 of there friends and 99% of the time we send them packing. They will call you a care bear or talk a lot of salt in chat but in the end just play the game the way you like it. And yes the c & p should be redone. But also pvp is a key aspect to a lot of players also and find it fun to battle against other players. But the worst part of it is when your minding your own game play and a flock of gankers pulls you out of sc and then there is 6 or heck sometimes we have to deal with 10 of them but we hold our own every time , yes we did not want any pvp every time it happens but guess what, they have the engineers there to get your ship ready. Like i always said to any new members that join the discord eng your ship to g5 on everything and eng it for pvp even if you don't plan on doing pvp and when pvp happens you can either stay and fight just to see what you can do and where to improve at or now since your ship is pvp ready you can take a beating and still get away. I get your point though about pvp, if you get killed just for no reason by gankers then yes that sucks but you can either just roll with the punches and get better at combat and have some fun by ganking them back, or just play in solo or private but in the end its your game and play it the way you want man don't let them get to you.

DeletedUser191218

D
Look simple as this, if you fly in open key word open means that you are willing to take a chance when other players see you, trust me most of the time they cant pvp aka 1 v 1 worth a dang, have seen it plenty of times coming into shinrarta system. They have to gank with 6 or 7 of there friends and 99% of the time we send them packing. They will call you a care bear or talk a lot of salt in chat but in the end just play the game the way you like it. And yes the c & p should be redone. But also pvp is a key aspect to a lot of players also and find it fun to battle against other players. But the worst part of it is when your minding your own game play and a flock of gankers pulls you out of sc and then there is 6 or heck sometimes we have to deal with 10 of them but we hold our own every time , yes we did not want any pvp every time it happens but guess what, they have the engineers there to get your ship ready. Like i always said to any new members that join the discord eng your ship to g5 on everything and eng it for pvp even if you don't plan on doing pvp and when pvp happens you can either stay and fight just to see what you can do and where to improve at or now since your ship is pvp ready you can take a beating and still get away. I get your point though about pvp, if you get killed just for no reason by gankers then yes that sucks but you can either just roll with the punches and get better at combat and have some fun by ganking them back, or just play in solo or private but in the end its your game and play it the way you want man don't let them get to you.

No way...is this the ubiquitous git gud reply? I can't believe it's taken 5 pages to finally get one.

Everything you've said in this diatribe has already been addressed earlier in the thread man. Not your fault. You're just coming into the discussion a little late on.

No way...is this the ubiquitous git gud reply? I can't believe it's taken 5 pages to finally get one.

Everything you've said in this diatribe has already been addressed earlier in the thread man. Not your fault. You're just coming into the discussion a little late on.

Stop trying to pick a fight!
It's just a video game!

DeletedUser191218

D
Stop trying to pick a fight!
It's just a video game!

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. However, as you can tell i wasn't in any regard confrontational. I was pretty jovial in my response. Maybe a bit sarcastic if anything. Good effort mate but you just failed in the execution. Keep at it though! You'll do better next time! x

DeletedUser191218

D
Since this is a space simmulation, being in Open ==> consent.

As has been said numerous times, I am well aware of this. My suggestion was about changing it. This is so far the pattern of debate?

Can we change the system from X to Y?
The system is X.
Yes, but why can't we change it to Y?
Because is X.
I know that, but wouldn't the system be better if we changed it to Y?
THE SYSTEM IS X.

As has been said numerous times, I am well aware of this. My suggestion was about changing it. This is so far the pattern of debate?

Can we change the system from X to Y?
The system is X.
Yes, but why can't we change it to Y?
Because is X.
I know that, but wouldn't the system be better if we changed it to Y?
THE SYSTEM IS X.

No, the thing is most people are fine with system x, as evidenced by open being by far the most popular mode.
You have not made your case at all, so it can be ignored.

DeletedUser191218

D
No, the thing is most people are fine with system x, as evidenced by open being by far the most popular mode.
You have not made your case at all, so it can be ignored.

How can you make that inference? Open is popular but that doesn't mean players wouldn't support an alteration to the current setup. I don't know if it hold broad support but you don't know that it wouldn't. All we can infer from your proof is that it's not bad enough to stop people playing in open entirely.

I know you believe being rude is clever. But it really isn't. You will get more respect if you conduct yourself with more civility.

How can you make that inference? Open is popular but that doesn't mean players wouldn't support an alteration to the current setup. I don't know if it hold broad support but you don't know that it wouldn't. All we can infer from your proof is that it's not bad enough to stop people playing in open entirely.

I know you believe being rude is clever. But it really isn't. You will get more respect if you conduct yourself with more civility.

Of course, that bold part is exactly what I've been trying to explain is your burden of proof this whole time.

We don't know if it's true, but you seem to be assuming it is instead of proving it.

"Burden of proof does not rest with the status quo."

But the problem with your OP is that it's based on a false premise.
PVP IS already consensual.

DeletedUser191218

D
Of course, that bold part is exactly what I've been trying to explain is your burden of proof this whole time.

We don't know if it's true, but you seem to be assuming it is instead of proving it.

"Burden of proof does not rest with the status quo."

But the problem with your OP is that it's based on a false premise.
PVP IS already consensual.

What are you talking about Bob? You've taken an inoccuous suggestion that i, and evidently some others, think would improve the game and tried to pick a fight over it? Are you feeling ok?

Maybe you should have a nice cup of tea and relax bud.

What are you talking about Bob? You've taken an inoccuous suggestion that i, and evidently some others, think would improve the game and tried to pick a fight over it? Are you feeling ok?

Maybe you should have a nice cup of tea and relax bud.

I am talking about your logical fallacies and poor reasoning.
Trying to act like it's some shortcoming of mine won't work, lol!

FTR, my sig for is people just like you, when they make comments just like that one.

DeletedUser191218

D
That will do.
Discuss the post, not if the poster is feeling OK.

Why? He's been rude on multiple occasions. I suggested he calm down in order to maintain civility in the thread. Can you advise if that is a breach of forum rules? If so i apologise and won't do it again.

FTR, my sig for is people just like you

Sorry mate i don't understand what that means. Can you explain for me?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom