General Additions

• Animal shows, not just for the eventual sea creatures. Where they have a lemur or a serval and show it off to a group of people. It could be a great way for educating guests!
  • Small live prey. i.e lizards, mice, fish. I know the Bronx zoo has fish in with their polar bears and it's a joy to see a bear fishing. Mice would be good for the later mentioned avian species.
  • Marine animal expansion. Aquatic mammals and fish. Sharks, rays, jellies...
  • Avian expansion, which I am most invested in. These would be proper habitat animals. You could have owls and eagles in a aviary. A aviary full of a bunch of different bird species. Or, intermix certain birds with land animals. Like a roadrunner in a desert exhibit.
  • Extinct animals. I would looove bringing animals lost back to life, and striving to keep continuing the species. I.e the thylacine (Tasmanian wolf), which is an Australian marsupial that resembles a wolf and a tiger. They went extinct in 1906, and it would make for an interesting campaign. Other extinct animals: bluebuck, dodo, quagga. Also some ice age animals, we've had recent attempts at re-creating the mammoth and it would be pretty cool to have a cold habitat elephant. Lastly, saber tooth tigers, short face bears (they are huge!), irish elk, etc.
  • Hybrid animals, i.e liger...you know I can't think of many others.
  • More guest facilities involving animals. Similar to the show thing I mentioned above.
  • Some smaller rides, not roller coasters that you build. I.e carousel, ferries wheel. Maybe some ring toss. I just like setting things up for guests as well as the animals. Since my job is already to keep the guests happy, I would like some fun ways to do so.
  • More...?

I like the idea of educational shows! Maybe not like circus style shows, but deffo like the ones where the keeper feeds the animal whilst discussing them! I like those a bunch!

I like the extinct animals, there are so many that have gone extinct in even the last 100 years! So that would be amazing! They could add it on as a scenario too, to carry on the campaign! Like bringing back life from fossils or something, giving us another building, maybe like a scientist or something!

Animal shows, not just for the eventual sea creatures. Where they have a lemur or a serval and show it off to a group of people. It could be a great way for educating guests!

Hard pass on the "sea creature shows" for reasons that have been explained to death in other threads, but I think it would be really neat to be able to set-up a stage for educational shows. You could even designate certain animals as "ambassador" animals to appear in the shows! In reality, most ambassador animals live a different existence than their brethren who are on exhibit but I don't know that we need that much realism...

This would be a cool way to earn some extra income and boost guest happiness.

Small live prey. i.e lizards, mice, fish. I know the Bronx zoo has fish in with their polar bears and it's a joy to see a bear fishing. Mice would be good for the later mentioned avian species.

I definitely support this too! Would be cool to see them stalking the other creatures.

Avian expansion, which I am most invested in. These would be proper habitat animals. You could have owls and eagles in a aviary. A aviary full of a bunch of different bird species. Or, intermix certain birds with land animals. Like a roadrunner in a desert exhibit.

I would love to see them implement this as an expansion pack, perhaps largely focused on birds of prey. This could be followed by old world monkey, small cat, and small mammal DLC that could utilize some of the same aviary habitat pieces.

Extinct animals. I would looove bringing animals lost back to life, and striving to keep continuing the species. I.e the thylacine (Tasmanian wolf), which is an Australian marsupial that resembles a wolf and a tiger. They went extinct in 1906, and it would make for an interesting campaign. Other extinct animals: bluebuck, dodo, quagga. Also some ice age animals, we've had recent attempts at re-creating the mammoth and it would be pretty cool to have a cold habitat elephant. Lastly, saber tooth tigers, short face bears (they are huge!), irish elk, etc.

I don't think this is currently in the cards. Frontier has mentioned they want to focus on "living" animals. Not gonna lie, though, as much as I didn't really care about dinosaurs when playing ZT2... I definitely added quagga, thylacine, and dodo to zoos every now and again with the "story" I built around the zoo being that they discovered some DNA Jurassic Park-style, were able to bring them back to life, etc. Could be fun DLC with a scenario/storyline involving how they came to be (again). And they are modern enough (and small enough) that standard exhibit pieces and the like would work.

Probably unlikely, but it would be fun.

I could even think about a keeper which goes around the normal pathways with a lemur (for example)... so vistors can see them close... kind of like the entertainer thing Frontier emplemented already in Planet Coaster... just that keepers take animals out of the habitat to show them to people 😊 (no all animals, would be strange with a lion 😅 but peacocks would work too)... actually in a zoo I know, they have peacocks just walking arround the zoo pathways all day! I found 3 feathers from them in that zoo too, and I still got them... everytime I see them, I'm thinking about the lucky peacocks in that zoo 😄

I agree with everything on the OP’s list. However, I’d like to make some point in reference to guest-human interactions

• Feeding the animals is strongly discouraged by zoos, and can lead to animals exhibiting unwanted behaviour.
  • Animal rides are usually limited to domestic cameilds (ex. Dromedaries, llamas), domestic horses (usually ponies), and tamed cow Asian elephants (elephant riding is quite controversial, however)
  • Animal shows would be quite interesting, but could be seen as bad due to some zoos abusing their animals for show purposes

not really sure what other kinds of guest-animal interactions could occur.

I like most of your Ideas (however extinct and bigger sea animals like whales/orcas are least likely) educational shows are awesome idea,like you could sign for example lemur to a chosen facility,and the guest would keep coming and a staff would talk about the lemur, after the show lemur would go back to the habitat,and that all would grant massive amount of educational points which were(at least for me) hell
Aviaries- i hope so much to get them in PZ too
Hybrids-meh,i didnt like hybrids in JW, they have no preservation advantages,and besides flexing before people are useless.although i hope so much for mutations like white tigers,lions,black jaguars,king cheetach etc.
more guests-interactive facilities? YES! im not a fan of adding whole planet coaster mechanics to the zoo game,but a little bit of atractions would be nice.

• Animal shows, not just for the eventual sea creatures. Where they have a lemur or a serval and show it off to a group of people. It could be a great way for educating guests!
  • Marine animal expansion. Aquatic mammals and fish. Sharks, rays, jellies...
I like most of your Ideas (however extinct and bigger sea animals like whales/orcas are least likely) educational shows are awesome idea,like you could sign for example lemur to a chosen facility,and the guest would keep coming and a staff would talk about the lemur, after the show lemur would go back to the habitat,and that all would grant massive amount of educational points which were(at least for me) hell
Aviaries- i hope so much to get them in PZ too
Hybrids-meh,i didnt like hybrids in JW, they have no preservation advantages,and besides flexing before people are useless.although i hope so much for mutations like white tigers,lions,black jaguars,king cheetach etc.
more guests-interactive facilities? YES! im not a fan of adding whole planet coaster mechanics to the zoo game,but a little bit of atractions would be nice.
These ideas are great! Probably the game will come with a DLC. Yes Marine animal shows would be great. :)
I was fascinated when I saw the sea animal shows in zoo tycoon. So I have a separate love. :)
Animal shows would be quite interesting, but could be seen as bad due to some zoos abusing their animals for show purposes
I don't think there will be lion or elephant shows, but the most innocent of the shows is the show of sea animals. because a marine trainer never uses a whip or a hooked stick. they train animals by rewarding them.
so I think there will be sea animals shows just like in zoo tycoon.

An article I found very useful and correct against misunderstandings in marine animal shows. :)
https://www.quora.com/How-are-killer-whales-trained-to-do-tricks
I'm definitely not a Seaworld or water park supporter. but also I am not a protester. but seaworld is the best of these places right now. there are much worse places than seaworld. for example Miami Seaquarium. this is my opinion.

Last edited:
I actually really hope they don't introduce hybrid animals. These animals don't breed naturally in the wild, and for good reason: it's cruel. They're sterile, massively oversized which causes musculature and skeletal issues, have poor genetics, and overall are just unhealthy. You can give them the best life possible and they will still have to face all the health issues that hybrid breeding causes.

I'm a big advocate of video games =/= real life issues, but in this case honestly it would be better left out. This game is about conservation, and hybrids do nothing to help conservation, as they are captive bred and cannot ever be released to the wild. They're only bred for human satisfaction.

Similar thing with white tigers, I hope to see them added to the game, but I also hope Frontier keeps it realistic so that they can only be produced by inbreeding. A lot of people think white tigers are gorgeous without realizing the consequences behind breeding them, and it would be a good teaching moment in this game.

I just thought hybrids that naturally happened would be fine. Like a zebra and a donkey get together on their own. Stuff like that, maybe they don't rack of conservation points since this isn't conserving.

I just thought hybrids that naturally happened would be fine. Like a zebra and a donkey get together on their own. Stuff like that, maybe they don't rack of conservation points since this isn't conserving.

Except that's still not a natural occurence, especially not in a zoo. A human purposely put a donkey and a zebra together with the intention of breeding a hybrid... For what purpose? There is none, again, except for human satisfaction.

There are hybrids that happen naturally for sure of course, for example polar bear and grizzly hybrids because of polar bears moving further south, but that's still not something that would happen in a zoo

So I know this won't necessarily be a popular opinion and to be honest it wouldn't bother me if they added it to the game unless it became a main way of entertaining guests plus I have to be careful not to come across as hypocritical because of my previous job as a falconer BUT... that all said i would much rather they introduced keeper talks which didn't involve animals being trained to do anything or being in shows - at least for most species and all of the ones currently in the game.

I've delivered thousands of birds of prey demonstrations (many years ago) and justified it to myself because frankly if you are going to keep those species in captivity and keep them fit you need to fly them which means training them to the glove or lure which in turn means you might as well show people when you are doing it. I genuinely believe it can be done and can be done well for some species but for most they are better off being left to choose when and how they interact with guests. A good example is Edinburgh Zoo where their penguins are allowed to 'march' out into the crowd at a certain time - importantly they choose whether or not to do it, there's no food to make them do it if they are hungry so when they choose to it's because they want to stretch their legs and are curious. Most of them choose not to most days and some days none of them do.

I think let's have keeper talks in front of habitats and more guest-keeper interactions but not anything that invovles taking animals out of their habitats - as I said I'm actually not that bothered by the welfare argument because it is a game BUT personally given that this is far more common in most modern zoos than any form of direct guest-animal interaction and would take a lot less complicated game mechanics and coding. I'd rather they spent the time on the animal AI, more animals, more different ways to educate guests than removing animals from their group. Just my opinion.

Except that's still not a natural occurence, especially not in a zoo. A human purposely put a donkey and a zebra together with the intention of breeding a hybrid... For what purpose? There is none, again, except for human satisfaction.

There are hybrids that happen naturally for sure of course, for example polar bear and grizzly hybrids because of polar bears moving further south, but that's still not something that would happen in a zoo
oh, come on dude. we don't have to exaggerate.:)

As I said before, my idea was that the idea of protection was the sales strategy of the game.
sometimes you can go outside the main subject. No need to limit the game. The game should not be related to protection from start to finish. There are already protection elements in the game.
The idea of leaving animals to nature already had this feature in earlier games. in this case the protection is not only specific to this game. there were no restrictions on the content of other games.
First of all, this is a game.
continuous protection, protection, protection...
protection up to a certain extent. So believe me this is ridiculous. Of course, I respect your thoughts. I certainly do not blame you or try to argue with you. But I mean, isn't this protection case a little overrated?

Last edited:
oh, come on dude. we don't have to exaggerate.:)
As I said before, my idea was that the idea of protection was the sales strategy of the game.
sometimes you can go outside the main subject. No need to limit the game. The game should not be related to protection from start to finish. There are already protection elements in the game.
The idea of leaving animals to nature already had this feature in earlier games. in this case the protection is not only specific to this game. there were no restrictions on the content of other games.
First of all, this is a game.
continuous protection, protection, protection...
protection up to a certain extent. So believe me this is ridiculous. Of course, I respect your thoughts. I certainly do not blame you or try to argue with you. But I mean, isn't this protection case a little overrated?

It's ridiculous of me for not wanting hybrids in the game because A) I see no need for it when it's unnatural to begin with and B) it goes against what the developers want out of the game? You say you respect my thoughts but in the same breath say it's an exaggeration, ridiculous, and overrated for me to feel this way. Okay then.

I already separate games from real life but I still have morals like any other person and this is not something I think that needs to be added to the game. Or at least keep it as DLC so I can choose not to buy it.

It's ridiculous of me for not wanting hybrids in the game because A) I see no need for it when it's unnatural to begin with and B) it goes against what the developers want out of the game? You say you respect my thoughts but in the same breath say it's an exaggeration, ridiculous, and overrated for me to feel this way. Okay then.

I already separate games from real life but I still have morals like any other person and this is not something I think that needs to be added to the game. Or at least keep it as DLC so I can choose not to buy it.
we don't have to exaggerate. :)
that depends on how you understand. I just didn't mean you. You misunderstood me. Those who know me generally know that I am friendly and optimistic.
I already put a smiley face emojis there. what it means?

I don't understand why you're angry. I didn't write you angrily. Because there 's no reason to humiliate you. I apologize anyway

I don't understand why people insist on this. a person may have a request from this game, but I do not understand why they protest. people are not understanding at all. maybe you'll never use hybrid animals in the game. you say that here. But do you realize you're upsetting the guy?
but as far as I can see, the people in this forum are only thinking themselves. In general, I see both sides, I understand and try to support.
So no one says to force you to put a hybrid animal in your park. These are in your hands, you have complete control. Someone can't go into your park and put something you don't want. Because this is your park.
In a game where you have complete control, it is up to you whether or not to put something. Why would a person be bothered for something he doesn't want? So I do not understand. especially in such a game. You don't have to put something you don't want. Let's not forget that only a few people not play this game. everyone is playing.
but it is wrong for me to restrict the content of the game, to say that something should or should not be added, to ignore the wishes of others and to oppose them. this is my opinion.
so far I never said something should not be added to this game and did not I protest. because I think of others. I see and understand them. I know how they feel. I just don't think of myself.
Thank you...

Last edited:

I'm not against the idea of hybrids, but as others point out, hybrids are in no way a good thing for the animal.

If we get hybrids, you should actually be "punished" for it.

I'm gonna pass on a comment on animal shows. I'm tired and done with that discussion. You have pro's and cons. I'll leave the judging to Frontier, I'm sure they know and understand what is good in current day and age.

Extinct animals? Nope, thanks. Not for me.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree you should not get rewards for hybrids. They should be hybrids that happen naturally, by the animals own choice. I understand that they can place animals together and wait for them to breed. It's really bad when you don't monitor it like with white tigers, all the inbreeding. I was just thinking more along the lines of the less controversial ones like grizzly/polar bears where they are very similar. Hybrids similar to them where they don't have issues. I was also thinking a campaign where you have to save these animals from mistreatment and nurse them back to health would be a good message about hybrids. Plus, this is a video game where it's nice to have interesting creatures, as long as we aren't getting a bad message from the game saying that these hybrids are necessarily a good thing. 🐻

I am not upset at all, I enjoy having discussions and I'm glad everyone is giving feedback, especially since these should all be considered by the developers. 😸

Top Bottom