General Additions

I'm gonna pass on a comment on animal shows. I'm tired and done with that discussion. You have pro's and cons. I'll leave the judging to Frontier, I'm sure they know and understand what is good in current day and age.
I didn't mean trained animal shows like a circus (n). I have been watching secrets of the zoo, and at the Bronx Zoo they like to educate guests with the animal by their side or on their shoulder. They don't train them, but they do show off their cool abilities. Like with a serval's amazing leaping ability, they will have prey on a stick and the serval will leap and grab it.

Last edited:
Y
I didn't mean trained animal shows like a circus (n). I have been watching secrets of the zoo, and at the Bronx Zoo they like to educate guests with the animal by their side or on their shoulder. They don't train them, but they do show off their cool abilities. Like with a serval's amazing leaping ability, they will have prey on a stick and the serval will leap and grab it.
Yeah I know you didn't mean like lions balancing on a ball and I'm super aware that people have different views on the animal welfare stuff and it certainly isn't a black and white issue.

My personal feelings aside (I don't like that they take an animal out and have it on their shoulder for a few reasons but that's personal) I just think that would be an extra load of coding for something that isn't that common in zoos and could only happen with a few species most of which we don't have in game. Whereas I can completely see having a podium in front of the enclosure and even scheduling talks like with fireworks in planet coaster being a relatively simple thing to do

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN

Uhm yeah.

Maybe write that a bit clearer then. I can't really read that out of your opening post

And I'm not sure if you can put tigers and lions together in Planet Zoo. Anybody tried that?

Either way. Hybrids are a bad thing IMO. Voluntary or not.

Last edited:
Uhm yeah.

Maybe write that a bit clearer then. I can't really read that out of your opening post. 🤐

You only had to use the word education instead of shows.

And I'm not sure if you can put tigers and lions together in Planet Zoo. Anybody tried that?

Either way. Hybrids are a bad thing IMO. Voluntary or not.
Tigers apparently one-shot any lions regardless of their welfare. However, strings relating to tigon thumbnails were datamined from the beta.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Yes, I agree you should not get rewards for hybrids. They should be hybrids that happen naturally, by the animals own choice. I understand that they can place animals together and wait for them to breed. It's really bad when you don't monitor it like with white tigers, all the inbreeding. I was just thinking more along the lines of the less controversial ones like grizzly/polar bears where they are very similar. Hybrids similar to them where they don't have issues. I was also thinking a campaign where you have to save these animals from mistreatment and nurse them back to health would be a good message about hybrids. Plus, this is a video game where it's nice to have interesting creatures, as long as we aren't getting a bad message from the game saying that these hybrids are necessarily a good thing. 🐻

I am not upset at all, I enjoy having discussions and I'm glad everyone is giving feedback, especially since these should all be considered by the developers. 😸

Thank you for understanding this is a discussion and not an attack on you.

Grizzly/polar bear hybrids are still somewhat controversial when you think about it. The only reason that's happening now is because polar bears are losing their habitat due to melting ice and are forced to move south, interacting with grizzlies when at one time that was never heard of. It's... Sad. Plus we still don't know enough about them to know the true detriment of such breeding. Polar bears and grizzlies have completely different diets for example.

Even wolfdogs for example. Many people who work with them say they don't really fit with wolves and don't really fit with dogs. They're outsiders and only people with knowledge of them know how to take care of them right.

My issue with hybrids is that it feels like an all or nothing thing. With the programming that would go into it, it just doesn't feel like it would be a DLC. Like hey if it's a DLC then fine, I won't buy it. But it just seems like it would be more of a patch/free update than anything, and that's what I'm against. Plus again Frontier can't really make a big statement about conservation and then go and introduce hybrids. Bad marketing imo.

There's actually 1 notable example of a hybrid made without human interference, the wisent. Also known as the European bison, recent genetic testing shows that their origin may be that of hybridization between the Aurochs cow and the steppe bison (both parental species have since went extinct).

Top Bottom