General Planet Zoo Streams Discussion

They've said in one of their broadcasts that the waterfall is a special effect and not natural like the rain or pools. I'm not sure if this will change (I hope it does, but at the same time I'm happy that we can have them in one way or another).

I'm glad that waterfalls are at least in the game, even if they aren't real. I was just hoping that if animals stood under it, they would get wet from it.

There seems to be different type of gates: staff gates, guest gates and transport gates. Guest were tried on the Peafowl exhibit but guest didn't seem to enter yet. Perhaps it's not functional yet.
I'm wondering if players will have the ability to click on any of the gates and be able to permanently open them? Like in JWE??

Thats actually pretty cool. Makes me think that the guest gates are the answer to wanting to make exhibits where people walk through them. Wonder if you can make a walk-in lion enclosure using this gate? I also imagine the reason why the guest gates didn't work in the demo was due to the fact that they probably require a natural path made through the exhibit, in order to guide the guests.

I was thinking about that as well. One of them points out that the peacock has to be in a cage which is where the maze is and that it would be cool if the guest gate would allow them in there to walk the maze while the peacocks are also there since you usually see them about in zoos.

They basically just talk about the game in general. Building the zoo and taking care of the animals. Then they are talking about the sounds how it was to create them. The reporter asking about the managment, and the answer it is more difficult compared with planet coaster and JWE (the right buildings//right staff is important). The next topic is the enviroment and how to create something good for the animals (most of the stuff we already new from frontier so i dont get so deep into these topics).
Maybe interesting the reporter is asking if he can change some stuff at the food suplies for the guest (increasing the salt for the fries to make the guest buy more drinks). There is no clear answer about this but the frontier worker is going to ask the developers.
They also talk about the franchise mode, where you can sell your animals to other players, the frontier worker says you kinda can create a better animal (longer lives, better looks and more)
The campaign is translated to different languages. And you visiting zoos around the world and everything get explained to you.

I hope this can help and sorry for my english. Since the frontier worker is not a native german speaker and struggles with some words, some stuff was hard to understand. Also most stuff is already confirmed or we can see it in the streams.

Last edited:
I watched all the Rudi's streams and I must say he is phenomenal at showing Planet Zoo and very kind and funny (in a god way ofc) guy, but I must say another thing as well. The only thing in his streams that are more beautiful then game itself is stunningly looking and charming Chante. Really a challenge to keep tracking the game when she is on the stream along streamers.

I also noticed that the zebras made sounds like actual horses and the wolves sometimes barked like dogs - do we think thats a permanent fixture in the beta or final game?

I also noticed that the zebras made sounds like actual horses and the wolves sometimes barked like dogs - do we think thats a permanent fixture in the beta or final game?

Wolves do bark, though. Mainly to warn their pack, but also when fighting for dominance (which is exactly what we see in PZ).

Lots of howling, but also barking in this awesome video:
Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ePYUDXCwXbs

Last edited:
Wolves do bark (when alert, warning pack or fighting for dominance mainly)

Onto the Zebra, that might be more of whinny/nicker because they do that in real life from what i've read so far, however it sounds very Horse-like, much less Zebra-like
(not sure if there are any sounds of Zebras making that noise to compare but i've tried looking to no avail). However, it could just be a placeholder sound for them because I know i've heard the actual noises they make (but not every pitch/tone yet)

"Like horses and donkeys, many kinds of zebras make a braying sound, or a whinny. Each zebra's bray may have a different tone; some are high-pitched, others are low, and some are soft and others are very loud. This is commonly how zebras call to their mates in the wild and is also used to express anger or impatience. While it might not “sound” that obvious, zebras do indeed produce noises. Some of them are very close to what horses sound like, yet they also have a very distinct high-pitched noise that makes them special. Generally speaking, zebras either bark, bray or snort. Such sound signals may express alertness, curiosity, or can be used as a greeting, to show impatience or anger. Depending on the pitch and intensity, zebra sounds can either signify “hello” or “leave me alone”.

Youtube:
Zebra Calls
Zebra Sounds

Articles:
Do Zebra Really Bark? (note: the zebra nicker sound is the same as the snort on the site, I think they forgot to change it..)
What Sound Does A Zebra Make?
Do Zebras & Horses Make The Same Sound?
14 Zany Facts About Zebras

Last edited:

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
No need to worry about parks descending into chaos all the time. The build streamers had was one scenario. The public Gamescom build was another which was easier. I think it makes sense to have given the streamers something different so even visitors to Gamescom have something new to see. As reference to the streamers being prepared, there are limited opportunities to play before something like that. The only option is to play at the booth.

Top Bottom