Ghost of Tsushima PC release

PC players are in for a proper treat with this one, I've been lucky enough to have played it since 2020 on the PS4 and PS5 :)

Screenshot from my PS5

Ghost of Tsushima_20231114210211.jpg

Last edited:
One to snap up for sure, never played it but watched more than a few gameplay vids and it looks really good, and very picturesque. :)

No minimap? A japanese voiceed version with English subtitles? This looks interesting, I might toss my console bias and try this.
No minimap or HUD waypoints or anything like that...there's a guiding wind blowing leaves about that leads you toward your quest objectives or map markers you've put down on the map view, it's quite unique and intuitive...a very clean and unobtrusive UI all together.

The combat mechanics are also the best I've ever experienced in all my years of gaming, it's all grounded on real Japanese Katana techniques (and no silly leaping about 30 feet in the air trailing silly lighting effects on 10 feet wide swords like most JRPG's I've seen) it takes proper timing and distance...and a bit of tactics, changing sword styles on the fly in the middle of a fight to deal with diverse enemies who may have shields, spears or swords or change their attack styles or parries in the middle of a fight...button mashing just gets you dead very quickly :)

Ghost of Tsushima is the main reason I wanted a PS4...then the PS5... to begin with, utterly highly recommended game for my part...it's the Assassin's Creed that never was...and a few other things besides.

Last edited:
No minimap or HUD waypoints or anything like that...there's a guiding wind blowing leaves about that leads you toward your quest objectives or map markers you've put down on the map view, it's quite unique and intuitive...a very clean and unobtrusive UI all together.

The combat mechanics are also the best I've ever experienced in all my years of gaming, it's all grounded on real Japanese Katana techniques (and no silly leaping about 30 feet in the air trailing silly lighting effects on 10 feet wide swords like most JRPG's I've seen) it takes proper timing and distance...and a bit of tactics, changing sword styles on the fly in the middle of a fight to deal with diverse enemies who may have shields, spears or swords or change their attack styles or parries in the middle of a fight...button mashing just gets you dead very quickly :)

Ghost of Tsushima is the main reason I wanted a PS4...then the PS5... to begin with, utterly highly recommended game for my part...it's the Assassin's Creed that never was...and a few other things besides.

Kingdom Come didn't have the "duel" mode comabt where enemies are waiting politely until its their turn, but gameplay wise it's probably the better choice, otherwise you level until you're OP and then stomp everything, with duels you can do just that - have scenic fights.
How about food? A lone samurai need to eat, no?

Kingdom Come didn't have the "duel" mode comabt where enemies are waiting politely until its their turn, but gameplay wise it's probably the better choice, otherwise you level until you're OP and then stomp everything, with duels you can do just that - have scenic fights.
How about food? A lone samurai need to eat, no?
The duels are story specific and not that commonplace...but none of that eating and drinking stuff fortunately, it's a story based RPG not a survival thing...you can take contemplative baths at various natural hotsprings though...and compose haiku or play the flute :)

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Why did they have to announce this now?! Tenchu is my favourite game series of all time, and I've been looking for something to scratch the Feudal Japan itch. I thought Sekiro would do it, but that was just horribly punishing to play. I had to watch my friend who has a PS post pictures of this, and listening to her go on about what an amazing game this is for years, hoping that it might one day come to PC.

I cannot wait to play the Photo Mode, errr I mean play the game...

Biggest problem is that HFW comes out in a couple of weeks, then you've got this in May, then Elden Ring DLC in June. There's not enough time, let alone SSD space, let alone money for all these games!

No first person option, no thanks.
Don't think it would work as well in first person given the style of the game...but I don't have any issues with a 3rd person perspective in games, I still love the Witcher and Assassin's Creed series...as well as other 3rd person games in general.

1st person perspective works fine with down the sight weapon based gameplay, namely in twitch shooters like CoD or Battlefield...with some notable exceptions like Kingdom Come and a couple of others like Skyrim, Starfield, CP 2077 or Fallout, but for an adventure story based game with swords plus leaping about grabbing ledges on cliffs and stuff, 3rd person is definitely the norm, has been for years. I like games like RDR2 or GTA5 that give you the choice...but even with that option, I still preferred both of them in 3rd person 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Why did they have to announce this now?! Tenchu is my favourite game series of all time, and I've been looking for something to scratch the Feudal Japan itch. I thought Sekiro would do it, but that was just horribly punishing to play. I had to watch my friend who has a PS post pictures of this, and listening to her go on about what an amazing game this is for years, hoping that it might one day come to PC.

I cannot wait to play the Photo Mode, errr I mean play the game...

Biggest problem is that HFW comes out in a couple of weeks, then you've got this in May, then Elden Ring DLC in June. There's not enough time, let alone SSD space, let alone money for all these games!
Yeah, I get you on that one...I'm lucky enough to play both HFW and Ghost on the PS5...but I had the same itch for a decent game set in feudal Japan, waited for years for Ubisoft and AC to get me there too...but Ghost of Tsushima is something a bit special, it scratches the feudal Japanese era itch without all the fantasy nonsense most JRPG games haven't managed to date.

As an aside...anyone else watching the remake of Shōgun on Disney+? The original TV series starring Richard Chamberlain is still one of my favourites of all time. I read the James Clavell novel when I was in my 20's :)

Last edited:
Don't think it would work as well in first person given the style of the game...but I don't have any issues with a 3rd person perspective in games, I still love the Witcher and Assassin's Creed series...as well as other 3rd person games in general.

1st person perspective works fine with down the sight weapon based gameplay, namely in twitch shooters like CoD or Battlefield...with some notable exceptions like Kingdom Come and a couple of others like Skyrim, Starfield, CP 2077 or Fallout, but for an adventure story based game with swords plus leaping about grabbing ledges on cliffs and stuff, 3rd person is definitely the norm, has been for years. I like games like RDR2 or GTA5 that give you the choice...but even with that option, I still preferred both of them in 3rd person 🤷‍♂️
Hi Mole. My problem with 3rd person games is I don't feel immersed in them the way I do with games that have a first person view. The last game I felt really immersed in was RDR2. It was a perfect example of doing it right. No switch to 3rd person when riding a horse or standing on the roof of a train, I loved it. The last game I played with a 3rd person view was Max Payne in 2008.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
As an aside...anyone else watching the remake of Shōgun on Disney+? The original TV series starring Richard Chamberlain is still one of my favourites of all time. I read the James Clavell novel when I was in my 20's :)
Same here, one of my all time favorite historical based novels indeed. Really looking forward.

On a different topic, I also saw Netflix is going to do a "Three Body Problem" series. Was excited at first, the "Three Body Problem" is an amazing sci fi classic, but Netflix being Netflix I suspect the original story is prolly going to be butchered 😋

As for Ghost, I am with @Ozric here, I can´t wait for May! Seems so far away though.

I was a kid when that was on TV, all I remember was him getting peed on after insulting Japan.
You prefer the original, or the disney version?

I was a kid when that was on TV, all I remember was him getting peed on after insulting Japan.
You prefer the original, or the disney version?
Disney version (so far)...it's very well done. We'll see if they manage to muck it up before the end of the series :)

It's the silly combat that puts me off most of these games, Hearing this makes this one suddenly interesting

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
That makes it sound like Doom Eternal where you had to use specific weapons/skills to take down specific weak spot on enemies before you could kill them. Which was incredibly annoying.

Though I think the pacing of the two games will be a little different ;)

That makes it sound like Doom Eternal where you had to use specific weapons/skills to take down specific weak spot on enemies before you could kill them. Which was incredibly annoying.

Though I think the pacing of the two games will be a little different ;)
Had to? Doom 2016 had the weak spots prime takedowns, but is wasn't mandatory. Just faster (and immunity frames, I guess).

Am i the only one that finds the duel really cringey? I mean, those are not shaving cuts - the straw hat should have been dead by 0:42

Top Bottom