Glowing Green Giants - The Definitive List

Also, what are the Perseus Crags referenced in GGG no. 5?
It's an old fan-fiction name.

Does anyone have a screenshot of what GGGs look like on the FSS when fully zoomed in on it?
Do you mean once the object is in view? There are multiple screenshots floating around, although I don't think they are all collected in one place.
But if you mean how the GGGs look on the barcode, the unfortunate answer is: exactly the same as regular gas giants.

Do you mean once the object is in view? There are multiple screenshots floating around, although I don't think they are all collected in one place.
But if you mean how the GGGs look on the barcode, the unfortunate answer is: exactly the same as regular gas giants.
I mean once it is in view, do you see the green on the FSS camera? I know the barcode isnt helpful, and I have been scanning all gas giants with the FSS anyway

I mean once it is in view, do you see the green on the FSS camera?
Nope. Only if the giant itself is very green, if there are only tiny-tiny greeny bits like on the second screenshot, you may not see them at all. I can barely see them on the large screenshot, actually, and only because I know where to look :)

However, from far away the planet will be shown as a bright green dot on the sky, no matter how much green it actually has.
tWXrvAZ.jpg

p3G1pKV.jpg

im sure I would get a notification on the codex, especially in a sector where it hasnt been reported before, right?
Yes, you would get a Codex notification as long as you hadn’t personally scanned a GGG of that type in that sector before.

I'm sure it's what you both meant - but to avoid confusion, it'd be 1 codex notification per GGG type per region. The same type GGG in a different sector but in the same region wouldn't trigger codex notification.

Folks, I need your help. I need to get hold of the codex entryids for your GG finds so I can update the Canonn Database.

I'm currently missing entries for Green Water Giant and Green Giant With Water Based Life --- NB The codex name for the later may say ammonia in your journal.

Your codex entry will look like this

JSON:
{
   "Category" : "$Codex_Category_StellarBodies;",
   "Category_Localised" : "Astronomical Bodies",
   "EntryID" : 1200301,
   "IsNewEntry" : true,
   "Name" : "$Codex_Ent_Standard_Giant_With_Water_Life_Name;",
   "Name_Localised" : "Green gas giant",
   "Region" : "$Codex_RegionName_18;",
   "Region_Localised" : "Inner Orion Spur",
   "SubCategory" : "$Codex_SubCategory_Gas_Giants;",
   "SubCategory_Localised" : "Gas giant planets",
   "System" : "Batz",
   "SystemAddress" : 1,
   "event" : "CodexEntry",
   "timestamp" : "2018-12-12T06:50:37Z"
}

If you could find them in you journals either post here or drop me a DM

If you would like to donate your journals, drop me a dm and I will give you a location to upload them to.

Nice! :D

Looks like the green-ness of GGG #30 is similar to #29, as I can see (very little spots, very hard to see)...
Plus it is the new northermost GGG (and the first one to be found in Acheron) - Congratulations! :)

Maybe someone is in Acheron (or the closer area) and can hop over there (I'm actually 35,3 kly away) for more pics :)

Last edited:
Hey y'all,

I believe I've found GGG #31 back on Jan 6th. I don't typically hang out on the forums, so I apologize that I've been late in posting it here.
It's a Gas Giant with Water-Based Life, though there's no codex entries for GGGs in the Inner Scutum Centaurus Arm. So, I don't know if it quite counts despite the lack of a codex entry. This one is quite green, however, and has the appropriate text description in the system map.
Please let me know if there's anything I'm missing.
5dba757e-877e-4e70-977d-005861852b16.jpeg

Top Bottom