Glowing Green Giants - The Definitive List

The Codex does occasionally make mistakes in classification - "terraformable ammonia worlds" are a case in point - but not in this case, because the Codex, and the in-game description of the planet, agree that it's a GGG. That last sentence in the planet description is uniquely added to GGGs - it's a Class I Jovian, so it's supposed to be lifeless. So whatever criteria ED uses to detect GGGs, this one is passing the test. There might be only a single pixel of green on the planet's texture map, which would be invisible from orbit - but that's all it needs to qualify.

If anyone is at or going to that planet to search, try looking around the maroon patches - that's where any green is likely to be.

I can’t read the description. Do you have a higher resolution screenshot?
Bleia Dryoae UV-C c29-52 (System Map).jpg

I hope this comes out better so you can read it.

Also check the dark side... or, check back in 17 hours, when the planet has rotated to bring the dark side into daylight.

So half a day later, it rotated so that I was right infront of the spot.

It's tiny, but it's there.

Wow, that's incredibly tiny. Not something that you'd notice with a casual glance. I'm not sure I'd ever notice that if I were to "discover" one like this. I'd tag the planet and move on, completely unaware (except maybe the codex popup, but I often ignore the confirmations).

In conclusion : there's 2 "type" of "green life" : extremophile bioluminescent life and carbon-based algae.
We can notice that GGG7 et GGG10 don't have a "vivid colouration" (and it's true), but GGG 12 lack this term too (maybe because it's a Class I like GG7 ?).

So "carbon based algae" appears in every description for life-bearing gas giants (ammonia and water).

The phrases to look out for seem to be "this particular" and "luminous vapor".

Thank you CMDR Mooing for checking BLEIA DRYOAE UV-C C29-52.
My expedition was (temporary) halted by work and the dead of my battle station...
I was aware about this one (thank to the Codex), but i haven't travelled to it (for the moment. It's at 32kly).

There's another one at Hypao Chraea VQ-T d4-8 (so GGG n°16), my "next stop" (28kly...).
I hope it'll be more "satisfacting" than GGG n°15.

Have anyone (re)checked all the GGG (from the 3.3 patch), looking for K-10 anomaly lifeform ?

Saddly, it's at ~160ls, and the view was not excellent. We can see the luminous rings but not really the green color :
sFazQWn.jpg

I... I feel extremely ashamed of myself. I do nothing but visiting these planet and... i doesn't noticed.

So, i checked all of them :

rzNjrFP.jpg
GGG 1: Blua Hypa HT-F D12-1226 : vivid colouration - free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

kskqoJi.jpg
GGG 2: Bleia Dryiae HF-W b35-1 : vivid colouration - free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

w5cGBxK.jpg
GGG 3: Col 285 Sector VU-M c8-1 : vivid colouration - free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

80jl9vm.jpg
GGG 4: Eol Prou KW-L c8-32 : vivid colouration - free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

GGG 5: lost

xdnAtkc.jpg
GGG 6: Floasly TE-X d2-25 : Luminous vapour - upper atmosphere - extremophile bioluminescent life

GejggSA.jpg
GGG 7: Eafoff LN-Q d6-0 : free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

zSqhUt1.jpg
GGG 8: Dryooe Prou FF-Z d696 : vivid colouration - free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

NtN5HxE.jpg
GGG 9: Eimbaith LW-W e1-290 : vivid colouration - free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

vlNz77n.jpg
GGG 10: Boelts XH-C c29-854 : free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

a0n01Tp.jpg
GGG 11: Gongae QW-L c24-0 : Luminous vapour - upper atmosphere - extremophile bioluminescent life

JmfUv43.jpg
GGG 12: Nyeajaae IT-M c9-19 : free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

hroJVUW.jpg
GGG 13: Luminous vapour - upper atmosphere - extremophile bioluminescent life

In conclusion : there's 2 "type" of "green life" : extremophile bioluminescent life and carbon-based algae.
We can notice that GGG7 et GGG10 don't have a "vivid colouration" (and it's true), but GGG 12 lack this term too (maybe because it's a Class I like GG7 ?).
I'm in the process of visiting all of the known GGG's right now and no Notable Stellar Phenomenon yet. Should I report them in this thread if I do find some?

I made this little map to show the big picture of GGGG's.
GGGG Galactic Map.jpg

Last edited:
There's two icons in sector 27 but only one is known. Also Eafoff LN-Q d6-0 is GGG 7
Thanks for the visual assist, these old eyes don't work as well as they used to. I have updated GGG7 with the correct name on the map (post #194). As far as GGG16, it is in reference to Odengard's post #192, he is on his way out there to confirm it but it is in the CODEX. When I saw the message, I was like 18K LY out from it but decided to go to Colonia to turn in exploration data (1750 systems for about 500Mil).

It's the Water Giant one ? We know there's tubeworms here, but i don't remember about Stellar Phenomena.
Hmmmm... Maybe i'll check this again.

Here is the screenshots, on the spectral analysis you can see the signal on the left

Attachments

• 20190701184701.jpg
    20190701184701.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 20190701185644.jpg
    20190701185644.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 292
Top Bottom