Glowing Green Giants - The Definitive List

I'm not entirely sure how a "Rumour" would work, on the current Galactic Region model. Suppose FD started a "Rumour" that there were Spaghetti Monsters to be found around A-class stars in the Vulcan Gate region. Um, thanks, but that wouldn't help much; there must be about a hundred million A class stars in Vulcan Gate, are we supposed to just jump around randomly until we find one with a spaghetti monster in it?
I suppose even if the answer is "yes" then with sufficient explorers doing so they might be found quite quickly once things had been narrowed down.

I suppose that rumours, if Frontier had given us any, would just be "there are rumours of FSM here in the region, nobody has reported any exact systems yet". Well, here we are seven or so months after we were promised to get them, and we still don't know.

As for finding GGGs: personally, I doubt that they'll ever be common. Through the Codex, we can find at best only 42 finds of each type (what with there being that many regions), so that's not a whole lot. Moreover, the ones that have been found so far appear to be in rather run-of-the-mill systems, and not highly specific ones. Although the question remains: how many might go undiscovered now? (As far as I know, they don't have a distinct place on the FSS barcode, no?)

Or think about it this way. How many people finished DW2, and how many new GGGs were found there?

That's true, the GGGs are incredibly rare, like "win the lottery" level of rarity. And yet, because there's no readily apparent pattern to where they can be found, a targeted search is impossible currently. Meanwhile the Codex will only take note of the first one in any given region, and due to traffic patterns, most of them seem to turn up in the bubble/Colonia/SgrA* corridor.

I was hoping DW2 would find a few more interesting things. While I don't think any GGGs turned up (correct me if I'm wrong), I think it did find one unrelated thing that was quite interesting-- That 10.6 G landable world. We were able to infer previously that 10G might be a hard limit, until that one showed up. So at least there was that, from a "learning about the StellarForge" perspective.

Heh, I intended that as a mostly rhetorical question, that thousands of explorers turned up none, over the course of several months. But if they turned up one, the point still stands.

As an aside, so DW2 turned up a record high-gravity landable world, a new GGG, and Aster trees and pods, no? Only the last one was added in Chapter Four, too. Little wonder then that most people were disappointed with the new content. Although at least the Codex made finding what others have already found easier.

I'm just curious if Frontier will do anything with these gas giants when (or rather, if) they ever get around to doing gas giant flight. It would be very nice if they had something extra added then, not just their looks.

As for finding GGGs: personally, I doubt that they'll ever be common. Through the Codex, we can find at best only 42 finds of each type (what with there being that many regions), so that's not a whole lot. Moreover, the ones that have been found so far appear to be in rather run-of-the-mill systems, and not highly specific ones.

Most of the ones listed in the Codex are listed under K class stars, which hardly narrows it down, and I think one is under a B class.

I'm just curious if Frontier will do anything with these gas giants when (or rather, if) they ever get around to doing gas giant flight. It would be very nice if they had something extra added then, not just their looks.

Maybe some type of rare commodity like Void Algae that we can scoop.

Most of the ones listed in the Codex are listed under K class stars, which hardly narrows it down, and I think one is under a B class.
The first post actually lists most of those. Let's see... 1 F, 1 M, 3 K, 1 B, 1 (A/)F, 2 NS, 1 A, 1 K&M, 1 G. Or the mass codes: 1 b, 5 c, 4 d, 1 e - which of course mirrors the stars quite well.
In other words, anything goes.

Has anyone been able to get eyes on GGG 16: Hypao Chraea VQ-T d4-8?

I'm on my way (~200 jump), but i'm slowed down a lot a lot by IRL. It's the next stop of my trip. After this,maybe l'll check again GGG7 (in case of stellar phenomena/change) or go to the core for GGG17 the go home and further to GGG15.

Hm, how many of these have been checked for NSPs? It would be handy if most of the GGGs came with those, as you don't even need to call up the FSS to find them.

I'm on my way (~200 jump), but i'm slowed down a lot a lot by IRL. It's the next stop of my trip. After this,maybe l'll check again GGG7 (in case of stellar phenomena/change) or go to the core for GGG17 the go home and further to GGG15.
Some help finding the green spot on GGG17 would be nice. If anyone does, can they put up a screenshot of its location?

I binge jumped.

So, it's really a GGG, but a "small puff one".

We need to zoom in on the system map to see the green patch :
SloQCX6.jpg

As you can see, it's far away in orbit of the secondary star. The primary is a neutron star and with the mono lightsource system, it's cause... darkness.
I've fly around the GGG and there's only a neon green strip near the equator.
The planet and it's ring (especially the inner ring) are very dark.
gzOwHxk.jpg
I've tried to enance color/contrast, but...meh !
qMSuTZu.jpg

No Stellar Anomaly but the GGG have a nearby moon with 40 geological sources.

How do these look in the fss? I assume the colors show up.
Also it looks to me like it would be around a 1 and 2 million chance of finding one.

How do these look in the fss? I assume the colors show up.
Do you mean the FSS barcode, or the visual once you scanned it? The former is like regular GGs, the latter is the same as they look. Plus the overlay, of course.

Also, does anyone here have a list of GGGs they visited that didn't have NSPs?

Yes the visual is what I meant.
Thanks marx
As a dedicated explorer I have this on my bucket list.
Not very confident in finding one though

Yes the visual is what I meant.
Thanks marx
As a dedicated explorer I have this on my bucket list.
Not very confident in finding one though
That's good to know, personally since 5 months in the black completely dedicated of finding one, i have got nothing as for now, i don't want to discourage you, but i guess the more we are looking for them the better it's going to be for finding the next one!

Top Bottom