Goid hunting hotspot?

When I'm in the Pleiades Nebula on holidays at Malthus Terminal (best terminal!)
I use this build to do some small scale' Goid hunting if I'm so inclined.
549343x1929.jpg

Can be optimized, sometimes I use a Prismatic if I go after Cyclops, but it's fun.

When I'm in the Pleiades Nebula on holidays at Malthus Terminal (best terminal!)
I use this build to do some small scale' Goid hunting if I'm so inclined.
549343x1929.jpg

Can be optimized, sometimes I use a Prismatic if I go after Cyclops, but it's fun.
If unlocking pp modules wasn't such pain in the butt. That juicy prismatic shield.

I run a similar build.

That juicy prismatic shield.
Prismatic shields are great IMO for large bulky tank ships like my 'Imperial' Vette. I don't think I will use mine prismatics with Thargoids. I prefer bi weave/reinforced with fast charge. Believe me, once that prismatic shield goes down it takes forever to recharge.. Plus being forced into using power hungry SCBs.

Prismatic shields are great IMO for large bulky tank ships like my 'Imperial' Vette. I don't think I will use mine prismatics with Thargoids. I prefer bi weave/reinforced with fast charge. Believe me, once that prismatic shield goes down it takes forever to recharge.. Plus being forced into using power hungry SCBs.
I want it for my type 9 trader. Gives me more time to escape if interdicted.That ship is really a space whale.

Hmm.. I run a bi weave on my corvette.For combat i find a fast regen shield with high resistances across the board to be more effective than just huge shield hp. Like you said, once the prismatic is down it will stay down for a very long time.Bi weaves with fast charge. Never failed me.

Last edited:
Like you said, once the prismatic is down it will stay down for a very long time.Bi weaves with fast charge. Never failed me.
Yeah but I usually stay in most compromised beacons or what have you until I have to restock so it doesn't matter on my vette. It's a bulky ship and trying to manuever a space boat anchor isn't worth it. I have about 5000k shield points currently.

Do you know if you slow down to below 50m/s and reboot the ship the shields come back at about 50-60%?
If you time it right you can take a heart from an interceptor (all apart from the first heart), be over 1km away, going below 50m/s, drop a HS, reboot ship, watch the interceptor sit about looking blind, welcome back Prysmatics🙂
o7

Not on PS he won't, there are literally none there unfortunatly. PS exclusive bug i believe🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
o7
Orly? That's.... interesting....

EDIT: In that, it confirms (at least for me) that USS are a server-generated event, which is why I always had pants of a chance ever getting a Thargoid Probe USS spawn back in the day, because my Australian Internet is superceded by the tin can on a string.

Last edited:
Top Bottom