CQC Good Game Thread

Man up Blian,i am completely unaffected by his words

299c61fea18863f7bb75fd8f36256486.gif

Been a while since I scanned the "good game" thread - feeling the nostalgia. It was here that I found the CQC Discord and "met" Bart, Steenpass, Sowelu, Dutchy, and Steenpass. Totally changed CQC for me. "Thanks for the memories . . ." Glamis hums, tears dripping down into his beer mug.

A special shout-out to the staff at FD for quickly fixing the bug that was preventing us from getting games in DM. Much appreciated.

And yet another invite to all to join the CQC Discord - great way to find games (just ask for games in the Discord chat). And enjoy all the, as the Irish say, Craic.

https://discord.gg/r25kYF8 is the link to the CQC Discord

<3

-------------------------------------

So Jokergod2000 gets his Elite in CQC the other day - congrats, joker, on your quad Elite - and those of us in the voice chat on the CQC Discord decide to form up wing-to-wing near the powerup. Start forming - wing-tip to wing-tip - when up flies two nubes who must be thinking - "these pilots must be really stupid" - and start shooting all the sitting ducks. The sitting ducks are all vets and shoot the crap out of the nubes. LOL.

Next day Bubencov gets his Elite - congrats Bub - and we start to form up wing-tip to wing-tip- different couple of nubes think "these guys are idiiots" and start shooting the crap out of the formation.Guess the celebration thingy is not such a great idea . . . At least Joker got a screen of Bubs dead carcass floating within a circle of ships.

Kept nudging dead Bub towards the powerup because, as Joker noted, Bub would have wanted it that way.

LOL

So in the Eagle is Bub, the Imp with the target mark would be me, then Shad, Lakutas, Glamis. Screen taken by Joker
Screenshot_0024.png

Hup! Do you guys still join up on Discord? It's been a while since I played E:D, and I always like to pop into CQC for a few matches when I do. If not, c'est la vie, but if so -- w00t, because you guys kept it alive and kicking for a long time.

Hup! Do you guys still join up on Discord? It's been a while since I played E:D, and I always like to pop into CQC for a few matches when I do. If not, c'est la vie, but if so -- w00t, because you guys kept it alive and kicking for a long time.

Can't talk for all platforms but Xbox is alive on the CQC Discord. I got in a surprise session last night for almost a full hour. It happens sometimes.

Hey Nebohtes! We missed you! :D CQC popularity has gone up lately, so dont think you will have problems getting games at regular hours. Musketeer is probably refering to the fact that today is patch day, and people might focus playing the main game first. Personally I dont think it is gonna be a problem.

So Jokergod2000 gets his Elite in CQC the other day - congrats, joker, on your quad Elite - and those of us in the voice chat on the CQC Discord decide to form up wing-to-wing near the powerup. Start forming - wing-tip to wing-tip - when up flies two nubes who must be thinking - "these pilots must be really stupid" - and start shooting all the sitting ducks. The sitting ducks are all vets and shoot the crap out of the nubes. LOL.

Next day Bubencov gets his Elite - congrats Bub - and we start to form up wing-tip to wing-tip- different couple of nubes think "these guys are idiiots" and start shooting the crap out of the formation.Guess the celebration thingy is not such a great idea . . . At least Joker got a screen of Bubs dead carcass floating within a circle of ships.

Kept nudging dead Bub towards the powerup because, as Joker noted, Bub would have wanted it that way.

LOL

Miss you guys! I hope Eminor has got his Elite by now!

So we have been having some issue where veteran players are dominating matches and essentially ruining the game for newer or casual pilots.

Here is a suggestion: if one guy is just dominating - winning 8-0 or 7-1 etc. all you newer players just stop shooting each other and go after the vet! Most vets would actually enjoy it (though most of us take it easy on newer players). The one or two bad apples that get their joys from dominating newer players would likely pack up and depart if the field turned on them.

And it would be fun!

Last edited:
^^ What he said about focusing fire on the best player [yesnod]

But are people dominating DM evil? I was told differently when I was still a noob. I complained about certain well established CQC discord admin and elite player looping weapons and persistently picking on weaker, less experienced opponent (bully tactics basically). I was told that person is great for the community and that I should just shut up and stop complaining. So I don't know.

Last edited:
Remember that a lot of the CQC players are just trying to grind rank; even some that have been at it for a while. I know it can be rough trying to get through a match while someone is playing whack-a-mole, but it also sounds like dropping out and joining again might place you in a different group again. I'm not great at CQC, but there are a lot of us veteran pilots that ignore new players and focus on the players that are dominating.

Last edited:
I think players dominate CQC arena as they progress and get better, it's just inevitable. Noobs get beaten by weekend players, weekend players get beaten by regular players, regular players get beaten by veterans.

While hiding under my alt account I watched rank 40+ guys playing with noobs and the game was ending with 7 kills - 0 deaths for them, most of the nubs with 0 kills. Are they evil? No, I don't think so.

I know Elite Dangerous is full of snowflakes because PvP in the main game is optional, but CQC is PvP.

Last edited:
Yesterday, for the second time since I have this game, I did CQC. I never do PvP in real game (too old).
CQC was insta-matchmaking. I was beating some "nubs" and some vets were cleaning the floor with me.

It was fantastic, slightly too fast for my old brain but the point is that You can learn a lot from just a few matches.
What I learned: use power-ups and cover to hide from the radar,
if You dont see a vet then he is behind you and you will be dead in a few seconds- break a lock from a new player and turn to watch and learn.
I really need to fish my DIY head-tracking device to stop banging my cockpit to the walls.

My only concern is that my joystick wont last long in this mode.

FD did a fantastic job here. Thanks to all CMDRs that made last evening entertaining.

Last edited:
Top Bottom