Gray Fox Club

Hello. I would like to join the club.
unnamed.jpg

You know I wonder how there is not a Gray Fox mod yet. Well there is one but it is really outdated. Weird that there is not a modern version yet. I think the Red Fox would be a suitable base.
It's a shame that this animal tends to be forgotten.

There were a couple of gray fox mods for ZT2, but many are outdated and/or don't fit the styles of other mods...
Like, I play vanilla-style ZT2, using Folksy Facelift (basically an entire expansion pack minus animals). There aren't any good gray fox mods that fit vanilla-style

You know I wonder how there is not a Gray Fox mod yet. Well there is one but it is really outdated. Weird that there is not a modern version yet. I think the Red Fox would be a suitable base.
Because they rather focus on 10.000 fish, hamburgers, dinosaurs and duck species in the mod sites... A shame really...

I love the gray fox, but it should have come in the twilight pack instead of the red bore, now it is too late.

Because they rather focus on 10.000 fish, hamburgers, dinosaurs and duck species in the mod sites... A shame really...

I love the gray fox, but it should have come in the twilight pack instead of the red bore, now it is too late.
What're you even talking about? As much as I prefer the gray fox, the red fox is awesome. I mean, the fact that it can go from red to silver and have splotches all over, it's one of our most colorful animals with a ton of variety.
If anything, the gray fox should've been in the North America animal pack and replace the Arctic fox, but that's my personal opinion and it's unpopular, rightfully so

The red fox is one of my three favourite animals - red foxes, raccoons and river otters are my Trinity! I don't have any tattoos but I've always thought that if I got one it would be these three animals intertwined in some kind of celtic knot.

So I wouldn't replace the red fox with anything, but I could have had the grey fox before the arctic fox (personal preference) but I appreciate that the arctic fox fulfills an important niche for most people.

As you can imagine, the Twilight pack was my favourite - controversial favourite I know!

Can't be too many foxes in the game for me, such beautiful, charismatic animals.
1715602225645.png

Well, I am lucky, all of the three foxes that are in game were my wishes. I did not expect to get them all. They all represent different biomes, so that is really great. I am not that optimistic to expect another one at this point, but if it happens the Grey Fox would probably be the best pick, especially if they would include their climbing abilities, that would certainly make them unique among the others.

Question for our American members, are Grey Foxes kept in zoos in America? I have never seen one in Europe.

Well, I am lucky, all of the three foxes that are in game were my wishes. I did not expect to get them all. They all represent different biomes, so that is really great. I am not that optimistic to expect another one at this point, but if it happens the Grey Fox would probably be the best pick, especially if they would include their climbing abilities, that would certainly make them unique among the others.

Question for our American members, are Grey Foxes kept in zoos in America? I have never seen one in Europe.
No american but zootierliste says there are like 50ish holdings across the different subspecies.
Also says 0 holdings in europe, which probably explains why youve never seen one

I've never seen one in a zoo. I know they are, but I haven't seen one myself, both in captivity and in the wild

They are, but mostly out west and at rescue facilities. They aren’t common on the east coast.

Did I mention my mum saw one when she visited my grandparents in Cali in February? They get a lot of wildlife in their garden. She came back and was telling me everything she saw. "And a fox!" she said, "oh! Was it a gray fox?" I asked. "No, I think it was red. It was quite small, maybe a young one?" "Did it look like this?" (shows her a picture of a gray fox) "Oh yes! Just like that!" "Mum, you saw a gray fox! I'm soooo jellllyyyyyyyyyy"

Did I mention my mum saw one when she visited my grandparents in Cali in February? They get a lot of wildlife in their garden. She came back and was telling me everything she saw. "And a fox!" she said, "oh! Was it a gray fox?" I asked. "No, I think it was red. It was quite small, maybe a young one?" "Did it look like this?" (shows her a picture of a gray fox) "Oh yes! Just like that!" "Mum, you saw a gray fox! I'm soooo jellllyyyyyyyyyy"
Can y'all stop showing off?
I have yet to see one😭

The only fox I've ever seen in the wild was a cross fox

I imitated one barking in my yard once and called it right up to my door it came towards the door bounding sideways arched up like a cat until it actually saw me and took off lol It was so cute trying to look all tough and intimidating. Reminded me of a cat way more then anything canine.

Top Bottom