GUARDIAN SENTINEL WRECKAGE COMPONENTS Need to be fixed...?

Interesting numbers you people post here. I recently also went out and unlocked guardian equipment. For me the slowest part was the pattern epsilon. I had to reset the sites several times, just going around and scanning the obelisks again and again.
Killing the sentries while doing that left me with a good surplus of wreckage components. So I guess we're again looking at one of the ugly faces of the randomizer here. You were unlucky on the wreckage components, while I was unlucky on the pattern epsilon.

the bad thing about the sentinel wreckage parts is - they are part of the BASIC synthesis for some of the guardian weapons.
with their abysmal droprate, its currently cheaper to refill the shards with the premium ammo.

While I agree the "common" material is way too uncommon, they do drop. It should either be changed to say it is rare or be fixed so it isn't.
The words "common", "rare" etc. that one might normally presume refer in some way to relative abundance or availability - they do not in the case of Elite Dangerous or the materials.

Dont forget. They expire in cca 90 seconds. Shoot, target, collect, ignore other sentinels. If under fire, hold brakes.

Deleted member 110222

D
I would say about 25% of the Sentinels I destoyed yielded GSWC.

As soon as I am done with Palin (not that one) I am going back to HD 63154. Will need more for Guardians SLFs, I guess.

Anyone notice that in 3.2, it's no longer "Guardian Sentinel Wreckage Components", and just "Guardian Wreckage Components"? This says to me we can get them elsewhere... maybe...

I've been getting more of the weapon parts than before the update. Filled up pretty quick at the new guardian ruin things.

I've been getting more of the weapon parts than before the update. Filled up pretty quick at the new guardian ruin things.

I had no problems with Weapon Parts beforehand, but Wreckage seems more forthcoming (or maybe there's just more sentinels). Tech components are my deficiency at the moment, but I don't have many complaints about finding them.

Needs to be fixed.

I'm farming them as Shard Cannon reloads for DW2 [Remember the GNOSIS]. Currently at 68 after popping into a few Guardian sites but I've maxed Guardian Power Cells, Guardian Power Conduits, Guardian Sentinel Weapon Parts and not far off maxing Guardian Technology Components in the same time frame.

Better drop rate/change to grade 5/up the amount of Sentinels (waves maybe)/add more Guardian foes/have Tech broker material traders.

Puhleeeease.

While worms are crawling in the ground, birds are flying freely in the skyes.
Ask any bird if he would change this, and you will understand why I think driving the SRV is a waste of life!

There should be another way to collert Guardian and raw material for engineers...

Last edited:
In the beta patch notes it mentions increasing the drop rate of more common guardian materials.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/452944-Beyond-Chapter-Four-Beta-(Week-1)

Thanks for the info, I'm up to 197 in the intervening period. It's great to see they're working on things like this too in the beta.

...Ask any bird if he would change this, and you will understand why I think driving the SRV is a waste of life!...

I tried, but a cat came along and ate it :(

Poor bird! :)

Indeed, they fail to understand you are not into sparrow that fresh.

Don't get me started on mice.

Anyhoo, with a pair drop from a single Sentinel and one in the two each before it we're on the mend:

pYdinQQ.png

Two's again and only one failed to drop.

Last edited:

Deleted member 115407

D
All the did was drop for me. I had trouble finding technology components. Took me a while

Top Bottom