Guardians and Thargoids

1. https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Ammonia_World
( This means rain and snow is all ammonia based. It is much colder on an Ammonia World with mean temperatures of −150°F, −115°C. The atmosphere has primarily nitrogen (N2) and oxygen (O2) with ammonia (NH3) and a small amount of carbon dioxide (CO2).)

2. https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Guardian
(Biology: The Guardians had red skins, sharp cutting ridges on their forelimbs, small faces, and round, dark eyes adapted to bright sunlight. The lower gravity and higher temperature on their planet meant they were taller and more slender than humans.)

3. I cool my ship and Thargoid can't see me.

Are these 3 things combined ? Can such different worlds be a point of conflict ?

Maybe thargoids developed heat-based vision for their ships becouse their main enemies were guardians with temperture higher than normal for thargoid. So for them heat meant enemy. As our ships produce heat, they needed no reason to abadon heat vision. It connects all those points. And their conflict could be about barnacle sites, not planets for living.

Last edited:
Maybe thargoids developed heat-based vision for their ships becouse their main enemies were guardians with temperture higher than normal for thargoid. So for them heat meant enemy. As our ships produce heat, they needed no reason to abadon heat vision. It connects all those points. And their conflict could be about barnacle sites, not planets for living.
Will humans colonize and populate ammonia worlds?

I think with enough tecnology humans can colonize ammonia world, but why do it when you have a lot of planets more suitable for humans.

I think with enough tecnology humans can colonize ammonia world, but why do it when you have a lot of planets more suitable for humans.
But I'm more interested in the other way around. Not when People or Guards enter the ammonia world, but when the Thargoids enter the other world.

It is interesting, i think they need to abadon heat vision for this. And overheating them can be viable tactic as they got used to low temperture. Now i am imaging on-foot thargoid as a grunt from halo with ballon of coolant on his back.

Top Bottom