Guardians Discussions

I've thought about parallels between the two audio sets, but they are just too too different to attempt any sort of combination. The only thing worth noting is that the Brain Tree audio has components that occupy the frequency space between 9.5 and 16.5 kHz, which is where the obelisk data packets live. But aside from that, the underlying features are very different. The Brain Tree acoustic features are far more diffuse and includes frequency components that are very audible by the human ear, whereas the ones from obelisks are much more discrete and only appear beyond audible range. The repetition frequency of Brain Tree acoustic features repeat anywhere between 0.05 to 0.6 Hz, and they mostly operate separately. The ones from obelisks appear in discrete groups.

It might be possible that the values of the repetition frequencies we see in the Brain Tree audio might manifest themselves somewhere in the information carried by the obelisk data packets. We'll have to decipher the latter before we can really say anything...

Thanks! I guess that in itself tells us something - Other than the relationship of proximity, the fact that the audio seems so different, is that significant? Or would you expect that sort of difference even if the two are related in some way?

So... I guess if you listened to something man-made, like say a Server Room, and then listened to (for example), a random mix of radio broadcasts, would you be able to say that the Server Room sound is related to the radio broadcasts - or would they seem equally unrelated as the Brain Trees and the Obelisks? My guess would be the latter?

Sorry if this is again a dumb question!

Last edited:
The frequency range for the data packets is 9.5 to 16.5 kHz, which in theory we should be able to hear, but I sure as heck can't.

Yes, unfortunately, the older we get, our abilities to hear the high frequencies decreases.

I am older and can hear 16 kHz (on medical equipment). But on the low cost speakers or headphones, You will hear nothing (or very distorted) above 12 kHz.

IIRC, obelisks are producing something that resembles digital signal, but it was too repetitive for the hidden message. My (wrong) assumption was it was describing the way to drive SRV around them to lay relics as logical gates for the activation of raid 3 disk arrays because those pathways reminded me on NAND printed circuits (3 different sites + main controller).

Last edited:
Thanks! I guess that in itself tells us something - Other than the relationship of proximity, the fact that the audio seems so different, is that significant? Or would you expect that sort of difference even if the two are related in some way?

So... I guess if you listened to something man-made, like say a Server Room, and then listened to (for example), a random mix of radio broadcasts, would you be able to say that the Server Room sound is related to the radio broadcasts - or would they seem equally unrelated as the Brain Trees and the Obelisks? My guess would be the latter?

Sorry if this is again a dumb question!

You ask very tough questions! They are by no means dumb.

It's almost impossible to say if the differences (or similarities) are to be expected. But since we are playing a game, I think the few similarities do carry some weight.

Regarding your analogy, I would also agree it's the latter.

@Exoforce: that's an interesting idea, maybe what we're seeing is something akin to a set of instructions.

Got another Guardian bubble, this time all on my own :)

So the story goes like this, this morning I got to the BLAA HYPAI AA-A H68 nebula, and in the first system I jumped in I found brain trees ( Blaa Hypai CZ-D c13-0 8 B -20.7723 -152.5059 )
According to my theory it means there are Ancient Ruins in the area.
So I got bit late to work, but no luck.
This evening however after checking maybe around 100 of systems I found them:

Zv5QTTg.png

Blaa Hypai LZ-F b27-0 A 5 11.5108 70.5161
Blaa Hypai LZ-F b27-0 A 5 16.1158 76.6291
Blaa Hypai LZ-F b27-0 A 5 -9.2328 31.9282

JyMGvu7.jpg
Typically there is more than one system so I will stay here till tomorrow to look around, and check how far the BT's go, then I am off looking for new location.
I will post the locations and images to Canonn spreadsheet later on today, for now I would like to have some fun looking for more :)

One more system:

Blaa Hypai OZ-O d6-16 4 C -36.7758 56.7133
Blaa Hypai OZ-O d6-16 4 C -36.8606 56.6697
Blaa Hypai OZ-O d6-16 4 C 16.4682 123.4558

(all posted to Canonn spreadsheets)

Last edited:

So the story goes like this, this morning I got to the BLAA HYPAI AA-A H68 nebula, and in the first system I jumped in I found brain trees ( Blaa Hypai CZ-D c13-0 8 B -20.7723 -152.5059 )

https://i.imgur.com/Zv5QTTg.png

Typically there is more than one system so I will stay here till tomorrow to look around, and check how far the BT's go, then I am off finding more.
I will post the locations and images to Canonn spreadsheet later on today, for now I would like to have some fun looking for more :)

Good work man!

Typically there is more than one system so I will stay here till tomorrow to look around, and check how far the BT's go, then I am off finding more.

Congratulations !

1) Discovering the location .... and all before work !

2) Searching 100 systems !

You make it seem easy, but it's clearly hard work [up]

Congratulations !
1) Discovering the location .... and all before work !
2) Searching 100 systems !
You make it seem easy, but it's clearly hard work [up]

Thx.
This is anything but easy, I do not post how many nebulae I did check before that and came emptyhanded :) Funny thing, this one is on such well traveled path, so I was to skip it, but it was on my way, so decided to have a quick look just in case - it did pay off :) Second thing - this system is discovered by a friend from my faction TWH (Cmdr Janosik 13) and I think he must have been here not so long ago, so probably overlooked the thing (it is only 40 ls from the sun, I almost missed it, typically looking bit further :))

Last edited:

Out of Rep for you as usual, so have some more virtual +rep!

And some twins in another system :)

JEVpkY8.jpg

Do they normally have this lines and pyramides and stuff?
I am only good at finding them, after that I have no clue :)

BSAL9vf.jpg

Last edited:

https://i.imgur.com/JEVpkY8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BSAL9vf.jpg

Nice find(s), as ever [up]. The pyramids are standard, and I've seen the lines on other sites, so not unique, though they vary in obviousness. Looks like we need a new theory of sites!

Edit: here's another liney site:
eONnWO1.png

Last edited:

https://i.imgur.com/JEVpkY8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BSAL9vf.jpg

Congrats!

I understand you've checked about a dozen nebulae, did you look as thoroughly as you've done with these recent finds?

Knowing you, though, I'm sure luck has nothing to do with it =).

Nice find(s), as ever [up]. The pyramids are standard, and I've seen the lines on other sites, so not unique, though they vary in obviousness. Looks like we need a new theory of sites!

Edit: here's another liney site:

So... guardians apparently got around!

Why are we only finding them in nebulae outside the cluster near us? Is that because we're only searching in nebula or is it because the Guardians apparently love them as much as the Thargoids...?

So... guardians apparently got around!

Why are we only finding them in nebulae outside the cluster near us? Is that because we're only searching in nebula or is it because the Guardians apparently love them as much as the Thargoids...?

They are associated with the Brain Trees, which itself is puzzling. Perhaps the connection is between the trees and the nebulae.

Then there's the question, of course, what is special about nebulae? Do they radiate light that's stronger than the solar irradiation in those systems, or other em frequencies?

Or maybe, nebulae are just nice places to have a base .... visually and spiritually :)

Last edited:
Congrats!
I understand you've checked about a dozen nebulae, did you look as thoroughly as you've done with these recent finds?

This is the thing, I am checking maybe two BT candidates per nebulae. The ones with ruins (Prai Hypoo and Blaa Hypai) have BTs in each candidate I check, so there is no need for thorough checks. That is my theory at least. I will check couple more bodies in Blaa Hypai for existence of BT.
What we need is to ask explorers to have a quick look in every nebulae they visit. Checking the candidate takes 2 minutes, finding one is sometimes longer (volcanic body with temperature >200K and <500K but it is not that difficult either (let say 15 minutes or so). There are some big expeditions around, we need to get to them :)

Last edited:
They are associated with the Brain Trees, which itself is puzzling. Perhaps the connection is between the trees and the nebulae.

Then there's the question, of course, what is special about nebulae? Do they radiate light that's stronger than the solar irradiation in those systems, or other em frequencies?

Or maybe, nebulae are just nice places to have a base .... visually and spiritually :)

I like the idea that they Guardians picked Nebula because of the visual and spiritual splendour, that feels like it meshes with the Guardian Ethos quite nicely - however... How old are these Nebula?

Barnard's Loop for example is 1-2million years old - so in the Guardian lifetime they probably didn't see it, they saw either an exploding star, a regular star, or a tiny proto-nebula.

The others we're finding the Guardian ruins in - are these Nebula also pretty young? Are they the result of Supernova or are they molecular nebula?

What if the Guardians aren't building in Nebula - what if we're seeing the result of the war? Stars important to Guardians going nova (A supernova would send out a blast of radiation that would wipe out life on all worlds within lightyears, it would be a sterilisation blast).

So... Is this what Ram Tah talked about when he mentioned Radiation?

I haven't had time to look, but has anyone looked at the type of nebulae we're finding the ruins in?

This is the thing, I am checking maybe two BT candidates per nebulae. The ones with ruins (Prai Hypoo and Blaa Hypai) have BTs in each candidate I check, so there is no need for thorough checks. That is my theory at least. I will check couple more bodies in Blaa Hypai for existence of BT.
What we need is to ask explorers to have a quick look in every nebulae they visit. Checking the candidate takes 2 minutes, finding one is sometimes longer (volcanic body with temperature >200K and <500K but it is not that difficult either (let say 15 minutes or so). There are some big expeditions around, we need to get to them :)

Do you have a list of nebulas you covered so far? Thought about joining the search, but more in the opposite direction. Towards the south.

I'm really interested to know if the Guardians made it out towards the Rift. There's the H&S nebula and a bunhc of others out that way that I'd like to examine for Ruins/BT's.

Baton can you give us an expert's guide on the best way to find braintrees/ruins?

All I really know is that you look at planets with Ejecta Craters between 200 and 496k with any sort of active volcanism- is that right? Is that all you do or is there other things to look for?

How do you know if they're there at all? I've been to BT sites and tbh they're so tiny and craters are massive, what's the best way to "scan" from the air? Or do you land in likely craters and just drive around looking at the wave scanner?

Is it better to point and scan for Ruins rather than looking for BT's? You seem to suggest you look for BT's first, and if you find some, scan for Ruins?

Do you have a list of nebulas you covered so far? Thought about joining the search, but more in the opposite direction. Towards the south.

I will produce a list in the evening, but in general I covered corridor to Colonia and to the west of that, did not check any nebulas for existense of BTs past -1000ly south.
My hesitation with a list is that I may haved missed something so it would be good to people to doublecheck :)

Top Bottom