Guest thoughts and interactions

I feel the guests thoughts are really lame. There are many thoughts of various kinds, which probably contribute to a lot of the game's lag. However, many of them are just really unnecessary. I'd rather them just have one thought stating "I'm hungry" rather than 5 different ways to say it. I don't care to know that they saw a guard chasing some pickpocket or that a ride looks cool - but then thinks nothing of it when they are done. I wish they'd be more acknowledgable about the rides that they are riding.They care more about the queue scenery than this awesome roller coaster I just spent hours building, which I find really absurd. I wish you could see more "I loved x ride" or "I did not like x ride" and maybe even have a reason for it, e.g "it was too slow". I know that they sometimes will state a ride was cool or average but it just doesn't happen enough. And I wish they could feel actually spooked from spooky rides and give some type of effect; maybe having to calm down on a bench, with food or with a really calm ride.

Lastly, I have desperately longed for a way to be more interactive with your guests since the game came out. One of my favorite things to do in RCT was choose a random guest, give him a ridiculous name and then subscribe to him and be notified on all the things that he was doing in the park. I loved seeing my guests favorite rides - it made you feel proud about the stuff you created. Even if I gave someone a funny name nowadays, I'd never be able to find him again once I deselect him and that sucks. It's strange how RCT had better guest realism than Planet Coaster does. Please redesign some of the thoughts of the guests and make them care more about the actual rides, which the game is about, rather than how they aren't having enough fun to buy souvenirs (I don't need to know that!).

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
The guest thoughts are there to give you clues on how to manage your park. For example you know there is a pickpocket or scenary issue. Or you need to make it more fun to make more money from them. It's always a key way I troubleshoot in these kinds of games from a management point if view.

I'm not sure if the thoughts would cause too much of lag issue. I am led to believe it's more likely the pathfinding from Dev comments.

I do agree it would be great to find guests again though. Something I would like a lot.

The OP does have a point that the guest thoughts are a bit "lame". Since transport rides are a part of the guest-brain, there is about 90% guest thoughts about going somewhere via some transport ride. Over and over again. This does not help with guest needs, nor does it give a positive feedback for the player.
There are also no reactions after guests are done with a ride. Nothing about "Wow, this ride was great" or something to this effect.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
The OP does have a point that the guest thoughts are a bit "lame". Since transport rides are a part of the guest-brain, there is about 90% guest thoughts about going somewhere via some transport ride. Over and over again. This does not help with guest needs, nor does it give a positive feedback for the player.
There are also no reactions after guests are done with a ride. Nothing about "Wow, this ride was great" or something to this effect.
Normally the comments on transport also refer to the cost. I take it as an indicator to up the price. Then the thoughts happen less frequently. Though I'm not opposed to more ride feedback

Top Bottom