Guide / Tutorial Guide to Interstellar Initiatives system Synuefe EN-H d11-96

Before You Go

Choose a medium/small ship. Fit an energy weapon, laser is fine, and Point Defence on the TOP of your ship. A Collector limpet controller is useful, and not available in the system. Take at least one SRV and ideally have materials to repair / refuel / rearm your SRV. If you want to indulge in piracy would also need an FSD Interdictor, a Wake Scanner, Hatchbreaker Limpets and an appropriate ship.

How to get there?

It's 541 Ly from Zende (in the bubble), 784 Ly from Sol. You can make the trip yourself (fuel scoop will be required), or you can head to Zende where there is a Megaship (either The Conduit or The Saddler’s Song - they travel back and forth) that makes the trip every Thursday at 07:00 game-time. The travel is near-instantaneous, but only happens once per week. Dock at the megaship to travel with it.

What is here?

• A Guardian Structure, where you can get materials, data and blueprints. See the Canonn guide or this guide - which is for a different site, but the basics are the same (apart from this site needs an Ancient Key, not a Relic!).
  • A megaship, either The Conduit or The Saddler’s Song which travel between this system and Zende on Thursday at 07:00 game-time.
  • Outposts (The Prospect/Indigo Dock) which have Medium landing pads (no large ships!) and Outfitting so you can ship modules out.
  • An Installation (Aion Span) which you can do the usual Installation actions at - looting cargo and hacking data points. Sometimes contains small amounts of Guardian cargo, but if you don’t know how to get it you will get a bounty.
What is Nearby?
  • There is a shipyard just under 200 Ly away at the New Growth Asteroid Base in Pencil Sector EL-Y d5 - this also has L landing pads.
  • There was another outpost added ‘on the way’ to the target system in Wregoe XQ-L c21-29 (Seeker’s Rest). This also gets the Degraded Emission USS, so can be farmed for Guardian mats (and is closer to the bubble).
  • There is a Prison in HR 3005 which also has an Interstellar Factor, so you can use it to pay off bounties
  • Ancient Keys are available from a Guardian Beacon in Synuefe QA-E b45-4 if you want Ancient Keys to activate the Guardian Structure for Vessel Blueprints.
  • Module blueprints are available from the Guardian Structure in Synuefe GT-H B43-1
  • Weapon blueprints are available from the Guardian Structures in Synuefe EU-Q C21-10 and Synuefe EN-H D11-106 which are both close.
  • There are Guardian Ruins in Synuefe TP-F b44-0 (85 Ly away)
Special Unidentified Signal Sources

Degraded Emissions

These vanished after the II completed, sad times :(

If these are for a faction then they will normally be Guardian Materials, if they are for None they will normally be the usual materials found across the bubble. Choose the ones for a faction. Threat 0 are safe, Threat 3 tend to have pirates or NPCs protecting them - be prepared. Both types drop similar amounts of materials.

(You want ones that look like this)
vRJnZd5.png

(Not like this)
HWXhJnz.png

Convoy Dispersal Pattern

These contain a convoy guarding a cargo ship (usually T6/7/9). Manifest scanning the cargo ship reveals what Guardian Cargo they have (often not much). You need to avoid getting a bounty for attacking it (no way to clear the bounty) - often NPC pirates will cause it to jump out, then you can use a Wake Scanner to follow it, an FSD Interdictor to interdict it and then Hatchbreaker Limpets to get the cargo (Hatchbreakers can now go through shields, so no need to take the shields down). Waiting for the cargo ship to jump has the advantage that all nearby systems are anarchies, so you won’t get a bounty. The cargo sizes seen so far are only 1-4 items, probably not worth the effort except if you enjoy the piracy for itself.

WDgSktv.png

What’s not here?

Interstellar Factors - if you get a bounty you will be locked out of most services (you can refuel, but that’s about all - no resupply, outfitting etc). Contacts will offer to let you ‘hand yourself in’ (check the text, people often think they are paying the bounty), and this will transport you to HR 3005. Otherwise the nearest Interstellar Factor is also at HR 3005. Note that the Prison in HR 3005 does not have a Shipyard, so if you can't jump back you are stuck.

Qp5N8ad.png

Don't fall for this, it's a long way back

dK2z5Bh.png

Also no Large ship landing pads at The Prospect. Which will presumably where the Community Goals hand-in. Also no Shipyard in the system.

Getting Ancient Keys

The structure requires an Ancient Key to activate - a good source is the Guardian Beacon in Synuefe QA-E b45-4 near planet 3. As you approach three pylons will light up - shoot them all within a certain time and a data core will be revealed. Scan that with the data link scanner and an Ancient Key will be created. Collecting the key can be difficult in a larger ship (they appear close to the beacon), so Collector Limpets can be useful. You can repeat the process for more keys without a relog.

At the moment you will need a maximum of three Ancient Keys.

Getting Blueprints

You obtain blueprints from the Guardian Structure. This has six pylons. You need to approach the data bank for the first two to show - pay attention to the area left & right of the data bank to see what they look like prior to activation, as you need to find the other four. Follow the linked guides or work it out for yourself! Note that you need an Ancient Key to activate this site. (Weapon and Module sites use Ancient Relics).

WOnBb47.jpg

You can just about make out the Data Bank top left which will reveal all the pylons - the light in front of the databank is where you drop the Ancient Key

Short guide to handling Guardian Sentinels
  • Watch your scanner - it's easier to take on 2-3 than 6-7
  • Handbrake on! Sentinels will be less likely to flip you with the handbrake on
  • Use the turret - far more effective
  • Pips management helps avoid damage
  • Keep an eye on where the Sentinels are - they drop tasty loot when killed
  • You did fit Point Defence on the top of your ship - right ;)
  • Alternately some people recommend raising the pylons in a SRV and then charging them from your ship, YMMV
Getting Materials

The Degraded Emissions (described above) are a good source in space.

At the Guardian Structure most blue glowy things can be shot to give materials - some are embedded in the ‘bridge’ structures, others in the blue pillars. Technology Components are the most rare, they tend to appear at the same locations, so take note of where they are if you want to relog to get more. You can also gather materials from the Sentinels as you kill them.

Getting Guardian Cargo

Now that the Community Goal is complete there is no need to collect cargo!

You can get this at the Guardian Structure, or by pirating the Convoy USS or the Installation. The cargo from the Installation and Convoys will be marked as 'Stolen', hand in at the Black Market (under Contacts). You can also get cargo from Ancient Ruins in Synuefe TP-F b44-0, though that is 85 Ly away, quite a trek. Ancient Ruins have the advantage of being easier to land at, and not asking you to leave if you choose to relog.

Last edited:
Nice guide @Factabulous - just in time for the 'kick off' tomorrow!
Looks like you have covered all of the essentials - although making the Point Defence remarks in bold / larger type may help reinforce the need :)

Nice guide @Factabulous - just in time for the 'kick off' tomorrow!
Looks like you have covered all of the essentials - although making the Point Defence remarks in bold / larger type may help reinforce the need :)
Thanks for the kind words - if people do spot issues let me know!

PD: I've been doing the site in a cobra - which has no utility points on the top, so it's optional ;)

... and I added a section on how to get here via the ferries as I completely forgot - everyone's been obsessing about them but they're such a tiny part :)

If i may say just one remark on your guide is that ppl have their point defense turned off until they need them at the ruins for the sentinels missiles, is that if u ran into a thargoid of some sort out there, the point defense will shoot it if it tries to scan u (wich they always do), that is a sure way to ruin your game and take you to a rebuy screen pretty fast.

must... not... forget... to... park... my... phantom... at... the... ferry... in... the... zende... system... tonight...

there, mental note taken :)

must... not... forget... to... park... my... phantom... at... the... ferry... in... the... zende... system... tonight...

there, mental note taken :)
I actually had a ship waiting there, but needed to check the name of the installation so ended up just flying out today - doh!

If i may say just one remark on your guide is that ppl have their point defense turned off until they need them at the ruins for the sentinels missiles, is that if u ran into a thargoid of some sort out there, the point defense will shoot it if it tries to scan u (wich they always do), that is a sure way to ruin your game and take you to a rebuy screen pretty fast.
As far as I recall being scanned by a Thargoid doesn't trigger Point Defence - only if there is a projectile heading your way will they sit up and take notice - if you are switching out your PD while exploring (only tiny power draw) it does seem to me that you'd be a little 'busy' bringing it back online should you need it :)

As far as I recall being scanned by a Thargoid doesn't trigger Point Defence - only if there is a projectile heading your way will they sit up and take notice - if you are switching out your PD while exploring (only tiny power draw) it does seem to me that you'd be a little 'busy' bringing it back online should you need it :)

A while back i went into the region where the initiative is gonna take place now exploring, and i took my Federal Corvette (yeah was using it for exploration ke ke ke), and i had point defense, well everytime i found a thargoid and they came scan me they would go red and attack me, even doe i wasnt provokin them, so the next encounter i putted the external camera on, and sure enough thr PD went and fired on it, repeated the test several times, all with same result, so now i leave them off or i just dont take them with me and preffer to use shield boosters instead, that resolved the issue was never again targeted for destruction when face to face with one of them.

Was it just me?
Nope, at least a couple of ppl in another post where we were discussing thargoid related stuff identified with this issue too, saying they had the same experience with PD.

Only thing i didnt test, and that i dont recall if it was set as that, was if my guns were set to fire at will...

Thanks for this very good guide. I'm already there since the weekend but this guide really adds value and is a great summary.

Yesterday I patrolled the system and searched for gankers on ps4 with my Gunship but it was very quite (a few friendly Players). I even searched for materials in the Guardian side with another player I randomly met. All very peaceful… even a little bit boring

I guess things will change tomorrow when all PVP players with combat builts arrive with the "Ganker Express Megaship Taxi" :)

Argh...so the site needs an Ancient Key. No wonder all the relics we dropped last weekend didn't work....got all three AX fighters anyway.

And a hint if you still need the blueprints: once the Pylons come up and the sentinels are after you, just hop aboard the ship and take them out from above. They still shoot their missiles at you, but the ship won't topple over and the guns make short work of them. You can also activate the Pylons with a beam laser (fixed recommended). This requires some precision (convergence is king here), but the ship is much faster than the SRV, in particular when the timer runs out and you have to activate everything again. Plus, it's fun ;)

O7,
🙃

Before You Go

Choose a medium/small ship. Fit an energy weapon, laser is fine, and Point Defence on the TOP of your ship. A Collector limpet controller is useful, and not available in the system. Take at least one SRV and ideally have materials to repair / refuel / rearm your SRV. If you want to indulge in piracy would also need an FSD Interdictor, a Wake Scanner, Hatchbreaker Limpets and an appropriate ship.

How to get there?

It's 541 Ly from Zende (in the bubble), 784 Ly from Sol. You can make the trip yourself (fuel scoop will be required), or you can head to Zende where there is a Megaship (either The Conduit or The Saddler’s Song - they travel back and forth) that makes the trip every Thursday at 07:00 game-time. The travel is near-instantaneous, but only happens once per week. Dock at the megaship to travel with it.

What is here?

• A Guardian Structure, where you can get materials, data and blueprints. See the Canonn guide or this guide - which is for a different site, but the basics are the same (apart from this site needs an Ancient Key, not a Relic!).
  • A megaship, either The Conduit or The Saddler’s Song which travel between this system and Zende on Thursday at 07:00 game-time.
  • An outpost (The Prospect) which has Medium landing pads (no large ships!) which has Outfitting so you can ship modules out.
  • An Installation (Aion Span) which you can do the usual Installation actions at - looting cargo and hacking data points. Sometimes contains small amounts of Guardian cargo, but if you don’t know how to get it you will get a bounty.
What is Nearby?
  • There is a shipyard just under 200 Ly away at the New Growth Asteroid Base in Pencil Sector EL-Y d5 - this also has L landing pads.
  • There was another outpost added ‘on the way’ to the target system in Wregoe XQ-L c21-29 (Seeker’s Rest).
  • Ancient Keys are available from a Guardian Beacon in Synuefe QA-E b45-4 if you want Ancient Keys to activate the Guardian Structure for Vessel Blueprints.
  • Module blueprints are available from the Guardian Structure in Synuefe GT-H B43-1
  • Weapon blueprints are available from the Guardian Structures in Synuefe EU-Q C21-10 and Synuefe EN-H D11-106 which are both close.
Special Unidentified Signal Sources

Degraded Emissions

If these are for a faction then they will normally be Guardian Materials, if they are for None they will normally be the usual materials found across the bubble. Choose the ones for a faction. Threat 0 are safe, Threat 3 tend to have pirates or NPCs protecting them - be prepared. Both types drop similar amounts of materials.

(You want ones that look like this)
vRJnZd5.png

(Not like this)
HWXhJnz.png

Convoy Dispersal Pattern

These contain a convoy guarding a cargo ship (usually T6/7/9). Manifest scanning the cargo ship reveals what Guardian Cargo they have (often not much). You need to avoid getting a bounty for attacking it (no way to clear the bounty) - often NPC pirates will cause it to jump out, then you can use a Wake Scanner to follow it, an FSD Interdictor to interdict it and then Hatchbreaker Limpets to get the cargo (Hatchbreakers can now go through shields, so no need to take the shields down). Waiting for the cargo ship to jump has the advantage that all nearby systems are anarchies, so you won’t get a bounty. The cargo sizes seen so far are only 1-4 items, probably not worth the effort except if you enjoy the piracy for itself.

WDgSktv.png

What’s not here?

Interstellar Factors - if you get a bounty you will be locked out of most services (you can refuel, but that’s about all - no resupply, outfitting etc). Contacts will offer to let you ‘hand yourself in’ (check the text, people often think they are paying the bounty), and this will transport you back to Zende. Otherwise the nearest Interstellar Factor is at New Growth in Pencil Sector EL-Y d5 - which is an option if you can make the distance.

Qp5N8ad.png

Don't fall for this, it's a long way back

dK2z5Bh.png

Also no Large ship landing pads at The Prospect. Which will presumably where the Community Goals hand-in. Also no Shipyard in the system.

Getting Ancient Keys

The structure requires an Ancient Key to activate - a good source is the Guardian Beacon in Synuefe QA-E b45-4 near planet 3. As you approach three pylons will light up - shoot them all within a certain time and a data core will be revealed. Scan that with the data link scanner and an Ancient Key will be created. Collecting the key can be difficult in a larger ship (they appear close to the beacon), so Collector Limpets can be useful. You can repeat the process for more keys without a relog.

At the moment you will need a maximum of three Ancient Keys.

Getting Blueprints

You obtain blueprints from the Guardian Structure. This has six pylons. You need to approach the data bank for the first two to show - pay attention to the area left & right of the data bank to see what they look like prior to activation, as you need to find the other four. Follow the linked guides or work it out for yourself! Note that you need an Ancient Key to activate this site. (Weapon and Module sites use Ancient Relics).

WOnBb47.jpg

You can just about make out the Data Bank top left which will reveal all the pylons - the light in front of the databank is where you drop the Ancient Key

Short guide to handling Guardian Sentinels
  • Watch your scanner - it's easier to take on 2-3 than 6-7
  • Handbrake on! Sentinels will be less likely to flip you with the handbrake on
  • Use the turret - far more effective
  • Pips management helps avoid damage
  • Keep an eye on where the Sentinels are - they drop tasty loot when killed
  • You did fit Point Defence on the top of your ship - right ;)
Getting Materials

The Degraded Emissions (described above) are a good source in space.

At the Guardian Structure most blue glowy things can be shot to give materials - some are embedded in the ‘bridge’ structures, others in the blue pillars. Technology Components are the most rare, they tend to appear at the same locations, so take note of where they are if you want to relog to get more. You can also gather materials from the Sentinels as you kill them.

Getting Guardian Cargo

You can get this at the Guardian Structure, or by pirating the Convoy USS or the Installation. Not recommended for the CG if it accepts materials as you can carry more materials than cargo.
Great guide, this will ensure nobody gets confused and starts spamming rage-quit posts and bug reports.

For sure. :ROFLMAO:

I've not been out there myself yet, how far out is it?

Read the text again? And the Guardian structure is very close to the Prospect, IIRC 27ls away. It's 3.3Mm actually. And I myself can't read obviously. Sorry!

Currently at the structure, in Open. It's pitch black dark out here and no CMDRs around. Gloomy! In particular as I'm playing in VR.

EDIT: Seems the Questionables are slowly assembling...merely judging by names, though. Landed safely at The Prospect.

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Top Bottom