Left handed, Roland analogue synth bass.
Ker-ching! :D
Speaking synths I forgot to post this Roland guitar controller I have:

566694_f1024.jpg

Played through:

MOTU Midi Router
Cubase

to rack synths:

Roland JV 80
EMU

That's about it I think. Enough of this musical nonsense I think..... I don't listen to music; I'm sure I more absorb it through my skin.

It's a Casio controller, according to the headstock. :D

I've seen a few people post midi-enabled guitars on this thread. I'm interested in the performance of the devices. I have a Jamstik, but I find it rather finnicky - it doesn't handle fast fingerwork very well, and the model I have doesn't do bends (it's too short for bends to work very well anyway). I also use MIDI Guitar, which is really good, but I wonder if a hardware solution won't work better.

With medium size hands I love the fretboard size on my left handed Ibanez Artcore Expressionist. Being a semi-hollow body it doesn't need an amp for practice or intimate gatherings. Connect to a Roland JC-40 Jazz Chorus Stereo Amp for awesome jazz tones. I added an eBay aftermarket foot switch (3 switches using only one cable to the amp) to complete the setup. Lots of YouTube videos on this one.

My wish list is the Godin MultiAC Nylon SA with a Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth. However my playing skills are not "worthy" enough to justify the purchase.

Here's a YouTube video with 4 unusual string players showing off the amazing Tom Ibarra playing an Ibanez Artcore Expressionist. It is the same guitar without the archtop. It comes in two versions. I might also add that a violin can also rock! Like playing ED it is not about the ship one flies but how well they fly it. Musicians know that.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Hoopla that ibanez archtop is gorgeous

I know! :)

It is very well built with great tones. The guitar photo is of the one I actually own. Sweetwater provides pro pictures of the specific item for most hi-end purchases. The others are stock photos. Holding it tells me let's go make a positive difference in someone's life using a few guitar string vibrations.

Last edited:
'96 American Standard Strat, a Norman B20 and Tom.

View attachment 147394

Been jamming since 16
I like cats!

566694_f1024.jpg

Played through:

MOTU Midi Router
Cubase

to rack synths:

Roland JV 80
EMU

That's about it I think.
It's a Casio controller, according to the headstock. :D

I've seen a few people post midi-enabled guitars on this thread. I'm interested in the performance of the devices. I have a Jamstik, but I find it rather finnicky - it doesn't handle fast fingerwork very well, and the model I have doesn't do bends (it's too short for bends to work very well anyway). I also use MIDI Guitar, which is really good, but I wonder if a hardware solution won't work better.

Yes; that's because I wasn't thinking when I wrote that and you're right. It's a Casio! The synth in the rack is a Roland. And the CASIO Midi guitar, because of the hex pickup has a slightly longer action from nut to bridge. It's actually a very nice guitar to play. The guitar is actually made by IBANEZ (I believe) but branded CASIO.

Rock on!

Last edited:
Early 90’s, Hohner Rockwood Les Paul copy. Not the greatest guitar ever made but not too shabby either.

My mate had wanted to buy a new bass (he’d never bought a new guitar before), he asked me for some advice and asked if I would go along. I made try nearly all the options in the shop, we were there for about an hour and a half.

2 weeks later we were back in there for something and I saw this upon the wall, I asked how much, they said £120. After about 10 seconds I said, “Yeah, I’ll take it”. I hadn’t even touched it. My mates jaw nearly hit the floor.

It was a great little thing, I learned a ton of stuff of that. Sadly, like dozens of others, I have no idea where it ended up.

^^
I remember when I bought my twelve string acoustic. Went to all the local music shops in the area (3) but when I saw this one hanging on the wall above me. (A virtual spiritual moment with light shining and angel music playing inside my mind.) I absolutely had to have it! Never played a twelve string at that point so was a little tricky testing it in the shop, I was amazed how loud and pure harp like it sounded. Wow, pure light moment!

Then came the issue of paying for this shining guitar. These we’re the days before me owning plastic and overdraft facilities so all the money came out of my pockets, notes and coins galore in a pile on the counter. 🤣The shop owner calculated his profit, but it wasn’t enough, denied! 😟. I asked my mate who emptied his pockets.. shop man tapped that calculator and much frowning occurred....... he let me have it ... phew🎉🎉🎉

i was a happy camper that day

Flimley

I have a Gibson ES-335, a very old Strat copy that is covered with stickers (and was my first guitar), a Fender CD-60 acoustic, and an SX Custom 12 string which I still find a total pain to tune, but adore playing :)

By rights, I should have many more, according to the official flowchart pasted below, as I’m not married ;)

GS_FlowChart_TooManyGuitars.jpg

I also own this Lowden acoustic. Singularly the most expensive item I have ever purchased. It sounds incredible.

I am suitably envious! 😲

I adore the crisp sound of a Lowden. This is probably assisted by the fact that I followed New Model Army around the country for a long time, and was partly inspired to learn guitar because of Justin Sullivan’s acoustic pieces, like “No Pain” - he had a Lowden O25 if I remember rightly.

I have a Gibson ES-335, a very old Strat copy that is covered with stickers (and was my first guitar), a Fender CD-60 acoustic, and an SX Custom 12 string which I still find a total pain to tune, but adore playing :)

By rights, I should have many more, according to the official flowchart pasted below, as I’m not married ;)

GS_FlowChart_TooManyGuitars.jpg

[yoink] stealing that. I love it.

I am suitably envious! 😲

I adore the crisp sound of a Lowden. This is probably assisted by the fact that I followed New Model Army around the country for a long time, and was partly inspired to learn guitar because of Justin Sullivan’s acoustic pieces, like “No Pain” - he had a Lowden O25 if I remember rightly.

Rather envious that you followed New Model Army around the country.

Rather envious that you followed New Model Army around the country.

:)

The things one does when young and without too many responsibilities :D Late 80’s to mid 90’s was when I did it most. After that, it got more difficult, but I’d do the gigs in a “local” radius. Always good for an adrenalin rush (and quite a lot of bruises and the odd cracked rib ;) ), they were one of my favourite bands.

If you ever went to see them, we may have crossed paths in the past!

Top Bottom