Hacker forum and what I learned

It took me 10 seconds to find this user's forum of the Elite hacker tool that Ryan is raising the alarm about. Don't ask me to post a link to that forum here. I read a bunch of these posts, I'm up to January 2019, but here is the first one that really caught my eye:

Great trainer but I was detected. <snip> The message just said "Unfortunately we have confirmed the intentional use of a client manipulation method with your Elite Dangerous account which breaches our Terms of Use.

As a result we have temporarily restricted your access to the game. This restriction will last 72 hours and means that whilst you are still able to play, you will not be able to see or interact with other players in Elite Dangerous until the restriction has lifted.

Be aware that further instances of this behaviour may lead to increased action against your account that may include the removal of assets and credits.

Please familiarise yourself with the Terms of Use, partially included for your convenience."

Anyway I had the time of my life playing the game with this enhancements. Thanks

Reading more of these posts, several things became obvious to me:
1. FDEV detects these trainers
2. Each new patch breaks them
3. Users are banned after 2 warnings
4. There are some users testing the limits to be "safe" without getting detected.
5. Comical requests for features like, "endless limpets" and "full pip everything?"

Did you actually see any images of the HUD improvements people are now claiming we've been lied to about? (Other than a picture of some sliders on a website)

Well, i do understand, but iirc last time i tried somethin like that was in the age of iddqd

Yeah I used cheats in Age of Empires for fun against the IA.
But those cheats affects other players and the galaxy itself (Via PP and BGS) and in a game where one of the most satisfying achievements is to raise from zero to Elite...
I suppose the 90% of cheaters are kids that doesn't understand the spirit of this game.

As of 1 week ago (according to hacker forums):
I'm getting a crash upon injection. Any ideas? The game closes instantly, says, "Trainer Terminated"
2 days ago:
BAD AND URGENT NEWS, TRAINER HAS BEEN EXPOSED ON ELITE MAIN FORUM AND SHOWCASED BY ELITE'S MOST FAMOUS YOUTUBERS. SO EXPECT THE BAN HAMMER SOON UNLESS YOU CAN FIND A WAY TO COMPLETELY CONCEAL IT!!!"

All caught up. The hacker devs have been quiet in the past few weeks. I didn't see anything in this forum about HUD improvements. Everyone is clamoring about in-game functionality. I'm surprised someone didn't ask for "Space Legs" its that ridiculous.

Last edited:
Did you actually see any images of the HUD improvements people are now claiming we've been lied to about? (Other than a picture of some sliders on a website)

The premise is it must be a lie or incompetence.
That said, even the analysis mode suggests the former.
:D

If some of you read manga, you will find that there is a new trending history type among readers, Japanese and Coreans at the top;
The player nerd that suddenly finds himself in a fantasy world and some God from that world grants him a cheating skill, that places him above all others.
So these characters become "special" by breaking the rules. Young men and women seem to favor this, like cheating is some "god granted skill".
We should not look at hackers and cheaters as people to condone. They are human beings like us, trying to find a new path in their lives, and this path to which they have incredible affinity, is one of bending and even breaking the rules. Many of these kids/men/girls/women are shunned by society, many don't have the looks, or the physique, or the other things that society "advertises" so much. But they do have a fierce will to overcome the obstacles "by any means necessary".
Sometimes, I tend to look at life with a premise; what if I had a space-ship, and needed to ready a crew to cross the galaxy and find a new home?
I would definitely choose a hacker in place of a sports jockey or a gorgeous barbie. They have a knack of finding the faults and solutions to the most intricate problems. And the cheaters? Those are halfway, on the path of becoming hackers themselves. Some do follow that path, others just turn into politics - A pox on those, they would not enter my ship.

How useless at playing must you be that you need God mode in a complex game like Elite: Dangerous. Game Sharks weren't fun either. Cheaters are only cheating themselves out of challenge and accomplishment.
You are grossly over-generalizing. Once you are done playing a game normally, have exhausted all of the challenge and accomplishments you can out of it and are just plain bored with it, cheats, trainers, and whatnot can be fun to fool around with to extend the game's entertainment value for a little longer.

I was a huge fan of the original Privateer, way back in the ... i think 90's...and after a few hundred hours of playing it normally I started memory editing to modify ship parameters and got another hundred+ hours out of it. I'd have quit playing earlier if not for that additional gameplay that "cheating" opened up.

Yes, some gamers who cheat do so to bypass the challenge, and yes, for them they are cheating themselves...but it's over-generalization to say that is the case across the board.

That being said, in an online game where everything you do potentially impacts other players it is ethically wrong to use cheats and is against the ToS. And that's what this is about, whether it's "Fun" or not is beside the point.

If some of you read manga, you will find that there is a new trending history type among readers, Japanese and Coreans at the top;
The player nerd that suddenly finds himself in a fantasy world and some God from that world grants him a cheating skill, that places him above all others.
So these characters become "special" by breaking the rules. Young men and women seem to favor this, like cheating is some "god granted skill".
We should not look at hackers and cheaters as people to condone. They are human beings like us, trying to find a new path in their lives, and this path to which they have incredible affinity, is one of bending and even breaking the rules. Many of these kids/men/girls/women are shunned by society, many don't have the looks, or the physique, or the other things that society "advertises" so much. But they do have a fierce will to overcome the obstacles "by any means necessary".
Sometimes, I tend to look at life with a premise; what if I had a space-ship, and needed to ready a crew to cross the galaxy and find a new home?
I would definitely choose a hacker in place of a sports jockey or a gorgeous barbie. They have a knack of finding the faults and solutions to the most intricate problems. And the cheaters? Those are halfway, on the path of becoming hackers themselves. Some do follow that path, others just turn into politics - A pox on those, they would not enter my ship.

Just... I mean... No. This is incorrect.

You are right that we shouldn't see them as people to condone but they should be condemned.

If they built the tools themselves then possibly you could liken them to "hackers" but downloading a cheat client from the internet is not special, they are not on some special path or journey and don't need to be understood or tolerated. Just banned. Excluded from the game. I wouldn't go so far as to say they should be threatened with physical violence, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if Mr Braben turned up at their houses in the wee small hours with a team of thumb breaking mercenarys.

So FDev have been active for quite a while. That's great. Thanks for the information!

Yes and this is the action taken.

Woop dee doo..

As a result we have temporarily restricted your access to the game. This restriction will last 72 hours and means that whilst you are still able to play, you will not be able to see or interact with other players in Elite Dangerous until the restriction has lifted.

Be aware that further instances of this behaviour may lead to increased action against your account that may include the removal of assets and credits.

If they got an outright Ban, the cost of returning ($ new account) and the loss of all effort in game to that point, these cheaters might not be so willing to use it.
The fact that Fdev can detect and does act is a good sign.... but the punishment is laughable.

My kids would use god mode in Doom, Fallout, and Skyrim to explore every corner or just to beat the game with a golf club. Not my thing, but they seemed to enjoy it. I imagine that certain player's drive to game a competitive advantage with the sole purpose of salt farming could be facilitated by this sort of thing. I played Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 for many years, and cheaters would post their video bannings with some measure of amusement. There was an animated death that would spring up and kill the player/account with a scythe.

I don't know what should I think :unsure:
When I was leaving 2 years ago it was right after G5 god rolls for G1 mats. Now I came back to this quite funny mess.

So let me ask as it looks like....is this normal around here? :ROFLMAO:
I guess MMO kind of thing....

Top Bottom