Harmless restricted systems will be ganked to death

Gankless systems will be restricted to a harmless death!

Anyway, this was my newbie zone:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODeP2MIa7Tg

Video is from my second week in the game and my abilities at the time, while comically poor in hindsight (no module priorities, too much jousting, and non-existent pip management...I had no idea that SYS improved shield resistance and the quad cannon 'meta' of the time required very little WEP), were still streets ahead of many CMDRs I encounter today who are broadcasting an 'Elite' IFF transponder signal.

Everyone started in Eranin. The closest system, with the closest RES, was LP 98-132 and the only starport was Freeport, which was anarchy. Every mission to the area meant running the gauntlet at Freeport. Wings didn't exist, but you still had people ganging up on randoms, so you either learned to escape and evade, or fight, pretty quickly. Outfitting, except for weapons, did not yet exist and there was no reboot/repair (hence the most common way for me to loose a Viper was to drift off into the sunset at 500m/s after taking a hit to the exposed manuvering thruster ports [yes, their were drive hitboxes all over the ship!] on the front of the engine nacelles).

I consider myself fortunate to have been thrust into such situations early and often.

Last edited:
because I miss shooting players for a meaningful cause

I heard you were in Carcosa recently. There's no shooting at the moment, but consider supporting the Shipyard by running BGS work for the Nameless.

Only place to get Alliance and Federal ships for 22,000 light years. Think of the transfer costs and time you'll help save your fellow Commanders.

I mean, that's not a bad cause yeah?

from what was posted in the announcement, as soon as a single rank is gained in any particular elite ranking then the player will lose access to the starting area, that to me suggests the area will either be totally isolated through the permit system or once they achieve a rank and dock they will be transported to a random station somewhere in the main bubble

I admit I have several good qualities amongst the bad ones.
Let me try again.
Your previous post was an objective proof of the scarcity of your vocabulary, which hinders both of us when trying to have a conversation.

My vocabulary is fine. 'Semanticals' doesn't exist. The word you're looking for is simply 'semantic'.

This is the sentence you used it in:

"I doubt I can fruitfully discuss this topic with you as you seem to ignore the semantical implications of the words you choose."

This is how it should have looked:

"I doubt I can fruitfully discuss this topic with you as you seem to ignore the semantic implications of the words you choose."

I have multiple degrees in literacy and literature. But I get that this is an argument from authority, so you can see for yourself simply by googling the word 'semantical', which takes you to 'semantic', because 'semantical' is just not a word.

Now, if you want to argue about who has the best vocabulary, then I'm sure you'll find a subreddit for that. You won't find me there, but I'm sure you'll find someone else you can rub egos with. I'm personally not interested in these kinds of competitions, and I'm no longer interested in your opinions, because you have made it clear you aren't interested in the actual topic, only 'one-upping' me personally, because I called you out for your soap-boxing, and that hurt your ego. If you had even one ounce of intellectual honesty, your ego wouldn't factor in, and you wouldn't take being told that you're wrong as a personal slight. Which you did, and then you spent the next two pages of this thread trying to prove yourself better than me.

And I just don't care. I really don't. You're wasting my time, and because of this extended demonstration of your intellectual bankruptcy, I'll be adding you to my ignore list, as it's clear you just can't let go of the fact that I shut down your childish and pretentious ego.

I suggested that you get over it, but it's clear you can't, so I will for you. Goodbye.

And I just don't care. I really don't. You're wasting my time, and because of this extended demonstration of your intellectual bankruptcy, I'll be adding you to my ignore list, as it's clear you just can't let go of the fact that I shut down your childish and pretentious ego.
I haven't been following whatever debate this must be, and only this sentence grabbed my eye during my extreme skim of the post. I have no idea even if you are on the side of right or wrong, but this is some very entertaining forum PvP right here. Nice loadout!

I think it'll be fine at these newly populated beginner systems. Gankers who start over there won't be engineered. And there will probably be plenty of security response at these systems where gankers can't easily avoid or fight off. Good move by FD to facilitate the first few hours of the new player experience from ganking as there probably also won't be many gankers who would buy a new account just for a small window of time to seal club.

Last edited:
I think the new systems will be fine.

The attractive systems, and those feeding the starter system with trade will be where the gankers hang out. I know I would if I was that way inclined.
Why would a ganker reset their account? The game is going to force the new players towards these systems anyway.

Its still a lot better than today. Although the starter systems seem quite safe to me at the mo, I just reset 3 accounts over the last month.
I was hauled over once by a griefer, but the quality of griefer has gone down as I survived by High Waking.

To be fair to the griefers they have been leaving the new players alone, and attacking the converted unarmed passenger freighters saving people in Aulin. Much more of a challenge :)

Simon

When you are discussing and exchanging opinions with another person, I suggest you choose your words better then to avoid misunderstandings. If you feel like I did not understand your point, instead of saying "you don't get it" you might try with a friendlier "I have a different opinion than yours or you may have misinterpreted my point". Because your tone implies I did not understand anything and you are giving me the ultimate knowledge. But in the end, you are guessing based on your experience exactly as I am doing.

There is a way to raise the probability that more people will stay. To me, you are just giving up.
I think what Voidwalker said was spot on and didn't have a tone at all. I think you're just being a bit overly sensitive. The only one I see here with a tone is you homie.

Voidwalker made a great point about how often this happens. I go to the Eravate occasionally and kill noobs to start squadron wars and I've never seen anyone there killing noobs besides myself and I'll maybe kill like 10 every other month.

Some of you guys try to make it sound like there's an absolute massacre of noobs every day which couldn't be further from the truth.

Coming from someone who actually ganks and actually hunts noobs occasionally, there's a lot of over exaggerating and misinformation going on here.

I'm sure there will be a couple guys that will start new accounts to kill some noobs when this update drops and then they'll get bored and go back to their main accounts and only a fool would reset their account just to kill a few noobs. Again, a lot of over exaggeration and misinformation going on here.

Voidwalker made a great point about how often this happens. I go to the Eravate occasionally and kill noobs to start squadron wars and I've never seen anyone there killing noobs besides myself and I'll maybe kill like 10 every other month.

Some of you guys try to make it sound like there's an absolute massacre of noobs every day which couldn't be further from the truth.

Coming from someone who actually ganks and actually hunts noobs occasionally, there's a lot of over exaggerating and misinformation going on here.

I'm sure there will be a couple guys that will start new accounts to kill some noobs when this update drops and then they'll get bored and go back to their main accounts and only a fool would reset their account just to kill a few noobs. Again, a lot of over exaggeration and misinformation going on here.
pay-no-attention-to-the-man-behind-the-curtain.jpg

.. snip ...

I have, however, just realised one concern. That these 'starter systems' will be systems that people STAY in permanently, because there's no reason to go anywhere else. If that's what happens, then these starter systems are, indeed, going to do more harm to the game than good.

Your concern is unwarranted. As stated in the Announcement, a new player may only stay in these starter systems until they gain a rank in any of the three disciplines. So unless a Commander restricts themselves to just flying around the system, they will eventually do something to gain rank. And once that happens there is apparently some mechanic to ensure they can't re-enter the system.

Has anybody mentioned yet, that if there is limits put on fitting a ship capable of ganking a noob Sidey, would-be-gankers would prob just start ramming them at undock and docking when going through mail box (or landing for a pad).

And if it is correct that with one console you can create new Elite account from scratch for each every console "user-account" created, dear god that mayhem...

Hard to see how to prevent griefing, unless they can track console/pc IP´s even to check if that pc/console has already been a newbie.
Or make it completely Solo/group etc. totally different from what game then later actually is, which is not good starting point either for a newbie used for too much safety...

Top Bottom