COMPLETED CG Harold Duval Memorial Ceremony (Trade - Rare goods)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So looking at it purely from the perspective of a solo CMDR owning an FC (no squadron/friends helping) - is it materially faster to make a bunch of small jumps back and forth from a Rare station to your FC, filling it up, then jumping to the CG system (or a nearby system) and making a couple jumps with your big trade ship, rather than just taking a full-[redacted] jump range ship with a 16T hold and going back and forth between Kamitra and Baal?

(EDIT: Just read the post above mine - interesting if it's not a bug)

Did some experimenting with this last night, since there have been conflicting reports. There does seem to be some new behavior where fleet carriers are concerned. After some trial and error, I think the key is commodity market interactions. Two new scenarios in particular:

1. Get your allocation, return to your FC, transfer cargo to FC, fly back. Result: allocation does not refresh even after ten minutes, acts instead like the goods are still in your hold.

2. Get allocation, return to FC and transfer, buy one unit of unrelated good from FC. Result: new allocation available immediately.

Needs more work to nail down, but my guess is that interacting with another commodity market resets the refresh timer on your ship. I don't think that was always the case. And the allocation never refreshing if you transfer to a FC without hitting another market, that feels like a bug.

Well...
It did worked for me every single time.
Lave, get 24t Brandy, jump to FC, unload, jump back to LAVE (timer is about 6 minutes), read forums for 4 minutes, check marketplace (if you keep it open it wont refresh), buy 24t ... repeat

I ferried 768t for both my accounts and i might ferry some

Did some experimenting with this last night, since there have been conflicting reports. There does seem to be some new behavior where fleet carriers are concerned. After some trial and error, I think the key is commodity market interactions. Two new scenarios in particular:

1. Get your allocation, return to your FC, transfer cargo to FC, fly back. Result: allocation does not refresh even after ten minutes, acts instead like the goods are still in your hold.

2. Get allocation, return to FC and transfer, buy one unit of unrelated good from FC. Result: new allocation available immediately.

Needs more work to nail down, but my guess is that interacting with another commodity market resets the refresh timer on your ship. I don't think that was always the case. And the allocation never refreshing if you transfer to a FC without hitting another market, that feels like a bug.

Very interesting indeed. There were a couple of other things we've not mentioned as they could complicate things - for example, buying your allocation, waiting on the pad for 5mins, then interacting with the station in another way like buying limpets, will reset the timer to ten and so on.

There are definitely some weird things going on that didn't used to, but I can't comment on the FC side of it - good research though mate.

So, its +75% on Caviar and +80% on Cigars after tomorrow tick? Still not seems to be better than the Lave route in tons/min.

PROGRESS:Tier 2/5
CONTRIBUTORS:6,202
CONTRIBUTIONS:752,746/4,000,000 (18%)
TIME LEFT:3D 14H 40M
LAST UPDATE:27 Sep 2020, 4:19pm
Global Rewards 10% off Gutamaya ships.
TIERCONTRIBUTIONSREWARD
Top 10 CMDRs~ 1,454 to 3,4541,000,000 Cr
Top 10%~ 289 to 1,453800,000 Cr
Top 25%~ 145 to 288600,000 Cr
Top 50%~ 62 to 144400,000 Cr
Top 75%~ 28 to 61200,000 Cr
Top 100%~ 1 to 27100,000 Cr

Progress is being made.

Personally in top 10% with 312 tonnes of Lavian Brandy using my Dolphin.

correct payment bonuses..

Top 10 CMDRs~ 1,454 to 3,4545,875,000 Cr
Top 10%~ 289 to 1,4534,450,000 Cr
Top 25%~ 145 to 2883,525,000 Cr
Top 50%~ 62 to 1442,225,000 Cr
Top 75%~ 28 to 611,000,000 Cr
Top 100%~ 1 to 27187,500

That means you got these credit rewards counted in Lave turns:
1 turn - 187.5K
2 turns - 500K
3 turns - 741.6K
7 turns - 503.5K
13 turns - 342.3K
61 turns - 96.3K
+ market profit at sells (462.5K)

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Not sure what the boom allocation is for the caviar in Esuseku but I think it's 33 for the cigars in Kamitra, but I've seen 23 reported elsewhere so no promises!

I have a F C in an adjacent system - flitting back and forth with no issues - full allocation each time.

Perhaps your issue could be down to your F C being too close to the station?

The problem is that I thought that there were going to be a little more than the standard average 25tons of rare goods because of the CG and instead found the standard. So, I made the mistake of bringing back the T-9 when the T-6 maybe was the right option. I don't care that much about the rewards honestly, for me, it has always been a thing about participating and try to get into the top 10%, searching for the next system with enough goods to stock up, but this time it really feels like too much boring grind to the same planets.

Am hoping for some more teabagging shenanigans later outside lave station - come to join in if you want some free rares to further the cause!

Shout out your arrival in system or local comms, but the baggers will be in open. And although many Bothans died to bring you this information, Admiral Ackbar agrees that it is not a trap.

(No Bothans were harmed in the typing of this post, but I did just squish an annoying moth)

Am hoping for some more teabagging shenanigans later outside lave station - come to join in if you want some free rares to further the cause!
I'm running them all day so count me in when I'm there. I'm in Mobius right now but I'll sound off whenever I pop into Lave and see if anyone's at it.

I'm running them all day so count me in when I'm there. I'm in Mobius right now but I'll sound off whenever I pop into Lave and see if anyone's at it.

Excellent mate - I'm not quite in yet as stuck with RL stuff, but should be there by 8pm game time (45mins or so).

I'll holler a bit as well if it's empty. Cya later buddy o7

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom