COMPLETED CG Harold Duval Memorial Ceremony (Trade - Rare goods)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I am at Oterma Station, but it has been along time since I participated in any CG's so how do I sign up? I don't see anything under missions for the controlling faction and don't see anything in the right UI of my ship to sign up. Nothing under the chat/message UI or the left UI under transactions.

I am at Oterma Station, but it has been along time since I participated in any CG's so how do I sign up? I don't see anything under missions for the controlling faction and don't see anything in the right UI of my ship to sign up. Nothing under the chat/message UI or the left UI under transactions.
Missions, there's a CG option at the top above the factions.
(works at any station, not just the CG one)

Yes I know but I'm working almost 100% for Feds so my Britannia-in-spaace navy rank is something quite low, outsider or something. Only single single time I needed the permit was when I participated E:D Lore Tour where one task was to visit on Achenar.

Simple reason for working for Feds: It's Murica
I'm impartial, allied to both Feds and Imperial. Feds don't have Princess Aisling Duval :love:

Puh. I have a 30 ly (approximately) explorer Cobra Mk III. Downgraded the fuel scoop and threw out all the exploration gear for a perfect 40 ton cargo bay.

24 ton brandy, 15 ton of cigars and back again. But it takes time.

I can sit hours exploring, jump, scan, map the goodies, repeat.

I did enjoy doing about three runs in 20 minutes station rescue in my type 9 heavy. Then I ran out of missions and was force to take a break.

This kind of trade run is really tough, and just as I get into the groove I need to stop for mid-leg refuelling with an undersized fuel scoop.

But if you go that route, 40 tons of cargo space and a ship that can do all three legs on one tank without going economic or fuel scoping should be fine.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
Concur, story plot point, otherwise makes no sense. 'We have jus had 4 stations bombed and Prince Harold assassinated, lets give everyone the Permit to our Home system, thatll be safe'

Wheres the TeeBaggers FC atm and whats it called? On XB so probably bagging myself but I want to take part :)

Rares can't be sold to a carrier, the teabagging is done the old fashioned way by cooperating and dropping rares for others to pick up with limpets.

unfortunately no crossplay means we can't teabag you, but others may be able to, or you can start it yourself.

Rares can't be sold to a carrier, the teabagging is done the old fashioned way by cooperating and dropping rares for others to pick up with limpets.

unfortunately no crossplay means we can't teabag you, but others may be able to, or you can start it yourself.
You can just put into own carrier by cargo transfer. Then load up to ship all at once.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
You can just put into own carrier by cargo transfer. Then load up to ship all at once.
yes, but teabagging means sharing with others, and others can't access the rares on our carrier (Teabagger's Stash, parked in CD-34 9020 next door, selling limpet collector controllers if someone needs any).

we do have a ship banking the allocations when nobody is around so we don't lose out on allocations, of course. This is not our first dance 😉

yes, but teabagging means sharing with others, and others can't access the rares on our carrier (Teabagger's Stash, parked in CD-34 9020 next door, selling limpet collector controllers if someone needs any).

we do have a ship banking the allocations when nobody is around so we don't lose out on allocations, of course. This is not our first dance 😉
Ye ...but 1st after LTD fix :D you need to retest. For example, killing thargoid and boosting to 10km -> all loot gone BUT toxic cloud remains there invisible & deadly.
Before that loot was until SC.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Don't think I said that - or if I did, I didn't mean to so apologies if I gave that impression! I am surprised the extra 1t wasn't available to you though ...
You will never get more than the current max. allocation - 24t in Lave currently. In the old days, rares would often only be available in smaller amounts and waiting 10 minutes could get more, up to the max allocation, but it looks like either that mechanic has gone, or at least it isn't active when the faction is in the None state.
Well, I messed up and docked with 2t in my hold just now and was only offered 10t new to buy - didn't wait around to see if more appeared after 10 minutes, just went and donated the 12 to another CMDR and came back for a full allocation after the 10 minutes had elapsed.
I noticed during the HOTMESS event (distributing Hutton Mugs to every station with a Commodities Market in the Galaxy) that I didn't get any top-up of allocation if I had more than 30 (usual 'None' default at Hutton) in my cargo hold. If I had under 30, any extras only topped up to 30. I only got a full allocation if my hold was totally empty. This was particularly noticeable as I spent a lot of time loading other commanders and often had some left once they were full. To clarify, most of the time the 'full' allocation was a lot higher than 30 so at first I kept thinking the allocation had dropped when it hadn't.

Last edited:

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
i actually settle for top 25%.
I do hope those getting loaded
Ye ...but 1st after LTD fix :D you need to retest. For example, killing thargoid and boosting to 10km -> all loot gone BUT toxic cloud remains there invisible & deadly.
we always have at least one ship there, either a hauler or a banker, so the cans never despawn. (they are also in a cargo hold unless something goes wrong, of course)

one new(ish) thing is the search and rescue ships trying to steal some cans, that require a diversion and precise drops (or some 'demotivation')

Kamitraaaaaaaa!

Outstanding work matey! Good on you for doing this, hopefully we can give it a bigger shove come Monday then :)

@Vetinari - as Craith says, sadly the only person who can move deposits into a carrier are the owner, as rare goods can't be 'sold' to a carrier.

So what we do is park him next door, and teabag the old fashioned way, between ships out the front of the station - currently Lave - if nobody is waiting to be loaded up, one of us uses a banking ship, which can always be moved to the banker himself if nobody wants to run the goods themselves.

So far though we've recruited lots of new player haulers, so whomever is banking redistributes to the waiting ships.

So at the end of the day, there is sadly no way for us to teabag across platforms which sucks. But we have been announcing our plans in system chat in Lave to get new people - you may get some luck trying this mate on Xbox?

You can bag yourself if you have a second account, but it's more fun with others!! Plus, if you choose to bag, go about 10km straight out the front of the slot - to avoid fines for littering, and so others can find you. It'll make sense when you do it. Shame we can't crossplay though bud, would have been a good laugh!

Let us know how you get on mate ;)

I don't know what this means...

Do the rares still work how they used to - if you wait about 10 minutes you get a few more up to a maximum limit?

Pretty much J, but yesterday I had 2 in the hold and it only gave out 10 of the 24 max.

Other than this it is the old ten minute / nothing in the ship rule, so pretty much as it was. Plus the search and rescue ships try to steal the cans now, which makes for fun trying to get rid of them!

i actually settle for top 25%.
I do hope those getting loaded
we always have at least one ship there, either a hauler or a banker, so the cans never despawn. (they are also in a cargo hold unless something goes wrong, of course)

one new(ish) thing is the search and rescue ships trying to steal some cans, that require a diversion and precise drops (or some 'demotivation')

Lol "demotivation!"

Pretty much J, but yesterday I had 2 in the hold and it only gave out 10 of the 24 max.

Other than this it is the old ten minute / nothing in the ship rule, so pretty much as it was. Plus the search and rescue ships try to steal the cans now, which makes for fun trying to get rid of them!
Did some experimenting with this last night, since there have been conflicting reports. There does seem to be some new behavior where fleet carriers are concerned. After some trial and error, I think the key is commodity market interactions. Two new scenarios in particular:

1. Get your allocation, return to your FC, transfer cargo to FC, fly back. Result: allocation does not refresh even after ten minutes, acts instead like the goods are still in your hold.

2. Get allocation, return to FC and transfer, buy one unit of unrelated good from FC. Result: new allocation available immediately.

Needs more work to nail down, but my guess is that interacting with another commodity market resets the refresh timer on your ship. I don't think that was always the case. And the allocation never refreshing if you transfer to a FC without hitting another market, that feels like a bug.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom