Haters gonna hate

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Did you post something angry on the forums while you had elite uninstalled? Truth only please.

I posted something angry about BT breaking my phone line meaning I couldn't play, games still great though. Then I went on holiday with just a laptop, then I got a shiny new PC which needed lots of real life stuff pre-video game installation. It worked out as a six week break (ish).

Now I'm back in and its brilliant, looks amazing really shows off my freebie green lasers. I just trounced some guy at PVP even though I've only set half the controls up and am not very good (I think he had no engineering).

Im doing the reverse, less forums, forgotten frontier and kept game instead. Only play once a week or so during a star wars audio book but its still there.

I never uninstalled it its been there since 2014, its still sitting on the old system which has now been relegated to office duty.

I tried to get back into it but even i got frontiered.. finally decided to do the entire thargoid content in proper expedition mode... then got there and saw none of the peak lore in the game gets added to the codex built especially for lore. Top stuff. Totally worthy of fandom.

I've rejiggered my anti-xeno ship looking forward to jumping back in there as things are hotting up, but the PMF's at war so its on hold till later on. Just too much fun stuff to do in game.

No. Reddit is where they ban themselves to by their own behavior.

Yes, law and order does exist in this world, even if it doesn't necessarily exist in the Elite universe. It might be a "cutthroat galaxy" in game... but the REAL world doesn't work that way.

Apologies in advance for the wakeup call.

Dunno (wo)man, those Youtube comments...

FWIW (probably not much) I'm pretty sure Drew didn't abandon ship.

If you ever watch his weekly ED stream (you should!) you'll occasionally hear him talk about how he's sent off emails to Frontier offering to write some stuff but gets no response back. (paraphrasing there from memory, but it's not that Drew isn't/hasn't offered)

IMHO Formidine Rift/Salome was ED's peak of interactive story telling, sure there's probably a number of complains folk may have about these events but they both did so much to engage the community in the game. (both Drew creations obv)

Thanks Bitstorm, much appreciated.

Fdev have my contact details. They asked me to do Michael's Story last year, which I was more than happy to do. No hard feelings. I have suggested other things to them, there is no interest at the moment. I've also asked many times for permission to convert Premonition to audible - they haven't said no, but crucially, they haven't said 'yes' either. Can't move on it without that. I have my own projects to be getting on with, so... I've been getting on with them. :)

I'd love to write another Elite book (I like sets of 3 or 4, 2 seems an odd number... even though it's even - ha ha!). But I need Fdev's permission and they're not giving it for their own reasons. Not much I can do about it I'm afraid. Ditto new lore, missions, official in-game events. It's all in-house for now.

My little lore tour is nothing to do with Fdev, just me being a long term fan and wanting to share that with players (particularly newer ones who may not be aware of all the story and lore). Must be a good idea - Fdev are doing it themselves on their livestream as well. :) Hopefully we'll have some fun along the way.

Cheers (and right on, Commanders!)

Drew.

Tuning into today's livestream, I notice there's already twice as many dislikes as there are likes, and the stream HAS ONLY JUST STARTED! This proves a theory I've had for awhile - ED has a bunch of angry "stalkers" that have nothing better to do than tear down the game any chance they get, regardless if it's warranted or not. From what I'm seeing, today's video probably warrants a thumb up. It definitely warrants waiting for it to finish before judging.

It's too bad, because toxic "fans" who seek to destroy everything give those of us faithful fans who have true critiques a bad name. Don't worry, Frontier, I only dislike your videos that are truly cringe-worthy (and let's be honest, some of them have been), and only after I've watched enough to make a sound judgment. If the topic is not for me, I just move on. I wish the "dislike button mashers" would do the same.

Maybe its not about destroying but being sick of all the promises and lies we heard since Kickstarter?

FWIW (probably not much) I'm pretty sure Drew didn't abandon ship.

If you ever watch his weekly ED stream (you should!) you'll occasionally hear him talk about how he's sent off emails to Frontier offering to write some stuff but gets no response back. (paraphrasing there from memory, but it's not that Drew isn't/hasn't offered)

IMHO Formidine Rift/Salome was ED's peak of interactive story telling, sure there's probably a number of complains folk may have about these events but they both did so much to engage the community in the game. (both Drew creations obv)
I didn't realise that you are such a white knight, welcome to the club castle.

In terms of community reception Salami was probably the worst event in the history of Elite. The forum was burning for weeks and all kinds of conspiracy theories got posted. Anyone who dared to suggest 'well, it's not that bad' was quickly labelled a white knight and enemy of the system.

Tuning into today's livestream, I notice there's already twice as many dislikes as there are likes, and the stream HAS ONLY JUST STARTED! This proves a theory I've had for awhile - ED has a bunch of angry "stalkers" that have nothing better to do than tear down the game any chance they get, regardless if it's warranted or not. From what I'm seeing, today's video probably warrants a thumb up. It definitely warrants waiting for it to finish before judging.

It's too bad, because toxic "fans" who seek to destroy everything give those of us faithful fans who have true critiques a bad name. Don't worry, Frontier, I only dislike your videos that are truly cringe-worthy (and let's be honest, some of them have been), and only after I've watched enough to make a sound judgment. If the topic is not for me, I just move on. I wish the "dislike button mashers" would do the same.

it could almost, equally be a sign that FD need to up their game, Old Duck. Don’t you think?

The stream is not the product. Why people who dislike the product even bother watching the stream or actively participate in the forum is a strange mystery to me.

You know me so well.

I
shamefully believe, if FD could engage...

Taylor Swift, in any context of the game, it could only be better.

FD, go for it.

Maybe its not about destroying but being sick of all the promises and lies we heard since Kickstarter?
Other than the recent delay of fleet carriers in favor of bug-fixing updates, could you point me to any features that were promised or lied about that aren't in the game? We've established that no one promised anyone Space Legs or Cosmic Feet or Quantum Hands by an specific date, with Frontier reps even going so far as to call these features part of an "end vision" that was "a long way off" back in 2016. Yes, there were seasonal delays and lifetime pass holders were, at times, shortchanged, but your post reads like so much of the sensationalist tripe that gets bandied about concerning monstrous lies and deceits that people have "suffered", but that on close inspection don't actually exist.

If you are unhappy with Elite's rate of development, that's one thing. Saying "I was fed lies and have been deceived by these terrible people!" is so vacuous and cliche at this point that I can't really fathom how people bring themselves to post it, other than in some vein attempt to grab attention.

Use objectivity and critical thinking, not your bleeding heart.

Other than the recent delay of fleet carriers in favor of bug-fixing updates, could you point me to any features that were promised or lied about that aren't in the game? We've established that no one promised anyone Space Legs or Cosmic Feet or Quantum Hands by an specific date, with Frontier reps even going so far as to call these features part of an "end vision" that was "a long way off" back in 2016. Yes, there were seasonal delays and lifetime pass holders were, at times, shortchanged, but your post reads like so much of the sensationalist tripe that gets bandied about concerning monstrous lies and deceits that people have "suffered", but that on close inspection don't actually exist.

If you are unhappy with Elite's rate of development, that's one thing. Saying "I was fed lies and have been deceived by these terrible people!" is so vacuous and cliche at this point that I can't really fathom how people bring themselves to post it, other than in some vein attempt to grab attention.

Use objectivity and critical thinking, not your bleeding heart.
Panther Clipper.

That's always a correct answer.

Now I'm back in and its brilliant, looks amazing really shows off my freebie green lasers. I just trounced some guy at PVP even though I've only set half the controls up and am not very good (I think he had no engineering)...
Hmmm...

So you admit to being a ganker, openly?

I'll keep an eye out for the salty post and mumble "Yeah, that was stig..."

I'd love to read those things, the problem is they just don't exist.
The problem is stig, you're just saying things that you obviously don't believe simply to be a pain, you know very well that there are problems with the game and that those problems must affect some people more than others, claiming that it's not true or that they don't exist is really more about being... well, you really!

The problem is stig, you're just saying things that you obviously don't believe simply to be a pain, you know very well that there are problems with the game and that those problems must affect some people more than others, claiming that it's not true or that they don't exist is really more about being... well, you really!

You think so ?.

Source FDEV lying and if its legit and you've read it right I'll agree with you, I would even condemn FDEV for doing it. If you can't do that then you lot are just talking a load of old toot again, which has always been the case with this stuff in this forum. None of it ever passes a bit of fact checking.

People being affected by their perceived subjective problems with the video game is something different, and it doesn't equate to "FDEV told me fibs" it just means they are upset and want to lash out a bit.

Otherwise known as a tantrum.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom