Have Stygian paintjobs been withdrawn from the store?

Oh man, these FDev communications, I was already burning down Sagittarius-Carina arm but now I'll have to come back to haul some fish.

I'm 30K LY outside the bubble so that's another reward I won't be getting the chance to obtain (sorry but I don't have the free time to do a 60K LY round trip the week before Christmas) just like the Golconda decal. Cheers FDev, merry christmas to you too.

It would be really lovely if just once they'd do something other than crap on explorers.

I'm 30K LY outside the bubble so that's another reward I won't be getting the chance to obtain (sorry but I don't have the free time to do a 60K LY round trip the week before Christmas) just like the Golconda decal. Cheers FDev, merry christmas to you too.

It would be really lovely if just once they'd do something other than crap on explorers.
Wait .... they gave you the Phantom ... an EXploration ship !

And supposedly the ability to access paint jobs from out in the black (not sure how that works in practice?) ,,,, spend those anticipated Arx .... before you've got them ! :D

Don't forget the free shimmering Cobra III paint for dropping off a ton of (something) at the CG.
I hope this one does not finish early. My CMDR is currently 800ly away at a guardian site and I need to solve the guardian puzzle to get my blueprint for the FSD. To make things worse my DB EX only has a 35.5ly jump range and I don't have much free time.

As a Colonian I'm somewhat in the same book, missed out a lot of stuff. While I say "well I could've returned" I still think it would be better to let everyone
acquire those rewards, not only people in the vincinity of those events.

And supposedly the ability to access paint jobs from out in the black (not sure how that works in practice?) ,,,,
For what it's worth, that part works fine. You can now access the store and livery for your current ship from the main menu. No need anymore to dock just to switch out your screenshot decor.

As a Colonian I'm somewhat in the same book, missed out a lot of stuff. While I say "well I could've returned" I still think it would be better to let everyone
I get it, FOMO is a powerful force. But at the end of the day they're just participation trophies. The nature of the Bubble is that most of the stuff to participate in is going to be there, and the point of being a Colonian is to get away from some of that. Though if it's any comfort, it's fairly difficult to collect 'em all on any single account - getting both the DW2 and Bridging the Gap decals required being on literally opposite ends of the galaxy in May or early June.

Iridescent didn’t have to scream ‘limited’ because it said so at the top of the old store page. You remember, right? The store page that actually worked? Not the garbage we have now.
Yeah, you are correct on that. It's pretty damn poor, interface and all.

Don't forget the free shimmering Cobra III paint for dropping off a ton of (something) at the CG.

I would do that if I used the Cobra, but that was 4 years ago. I personally can not justify using the Cobra, when I have ships that are '100 times' better at everything. I hate being inefficient.
If the free paintjob was for the Python it would have been a different story. The Python will never outlive its usefulness it seems.

It's the fact that if you're into combat you can do your normal gameplay and get these little extras from CGs etc. Trading? Yeah you can do your normal gameplay and get these little extras from CGs etc. Mining? See above.

Exploration? Well you can earn virtually no Arx until you cash your data in (and then either miss out on thousands and thousands of free Arx due to the cap, or have to fly round with millions of credits of data selling it a week at a time) and have no opportunity at all to pick up any of the little extras during your normal gameplay.

It's just really irritating.

I get it, FOMO is a powerful force. But at the end of the day they're just participation trophies. The nature of the Bubble is that most of the stuff to participate in is going to be there, and the point of being a Colonian is to get away from some of that. Though if it's any comfort, it's fairly difficult to collect 'em all on any single account - getting both the DW2 and Bridging the Gap decals required being on literally opposite ends of the galaxy in May or early June.

See above. It's not 'fear of missing out', it's the fact that it's a bit off having a game with 400 billion systems, yet ensuring that anybody interested in actually checking them out is blocked from getting any of the little extras that people with other playstyles can pick up.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, that part works fine. You can now access the store and livery for your current ship from the main menu. No need anymore to dock just to switch out your screenshot decor.

True, and I'm not too miffed about it. Mostly using the triple Elite decal anyways and paint jobs related to my squadron.
It's the fact that if you're into combat you can do your normal gameplay and get these little extras from CGs etc. Treading? Yeah you can do your normal gameplay and get these little extras from CGs etc. Mining? See above.

Exploration? Well you can earn virtually no Arx until you cash your data in (and then either miss out on thousands and thousands of free Arx due to the cap, or have to fly round with millions of credits of data selling it a week at a time) and have no opportunity at all to pick up any of the little extras during your normal gameplay.

It's just really irritating.

See above. It's not 'fear of missing out', it's the fact that it's a bit off having a game with 400 billion systems, yet ensuring that anybody interested in actually checking them out is blocked from getting any of the little extras that people with other playstyles can pick up.
True true dat.

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
I hope this one does not finish early. My CMDR is currently 800ly away at a guardian site and I need to solve the guardian puzzle to get my blueprint for the FSD. To make things worse my DB EX only has a 35.5ly jump range and I don't have much free time.
I wouldn't worry, you can always just hand in a couple of bounty vouchers as due to a lack of RES sites in the system that CG is moving very slowly.

Something for players further than ?lys from sol or not visited station in more than x hrs of gameplay... like a 'forever alone' decal 😉

Iridescent didn’t have to scream ‘limited’ because it said so at the top of the old store page. You remember, right? The store page that actually worked? Not the garbage we have now.
Must admit I bought far more off the old store compared to recently off the new store.... and that's just down to layout and presentation...... just not intuitive/clear/or-is-it-me?

Something for players further than ?lys from sol or not visited station in more than x hrs of gameplay... like a 'forever alone' decal 😉

lol yeah that would look great on an Asp

3tIQ5y9.jpg

I don't think explorers should get 'special recognition' or anything, it's just that as a gameplay style it removes the player from virtually every opportunity to pick up those little extras, which isn't true of any other gameplay style, indeed other gameplay styles are exactly what a player must do to obtain them. They could do something like you suggest, not just for exploration either. Off the top of my head, we get the rank decals for Exploration, Combat and Trade as well as the very classy triple Elite decal, maybe they could introduce a set of three like the bronze, silver and gold CG decals for say three tiers of systems visited (or LY distance traveled), 3 tiers of trade units, three tiers of combat kills and three tiers of mined units, with the lowest level for each of them being more than that needed for the Elite decal. At least with something like that there's something there for exploration that sits on the same level as the other playstyles. I do have one set of the special CG decals (all of the mining ones) but when you're 30K LY out in space it's ridiculous to think about charging back to the bubble to participate in a CG.

I have to stress I'm not someone who plays games to obtain collectable items, I play games to have fun. Nor do I feel sufficiently strongly about it to go full open letter or anything. It just seems to be a bit odd that the lack of parity in things like this just doesn't seem to have occurred to anybody at FDev.

inb4 they do an exploration CG and give out a decal for it. Which would of course mean having to travel to a station to cash in during the CG and losing thousands of free Arx from your data due to the weekly cap... 😃

Last edited:
yeah a decal ?for travelling over insert-huge-number lys, or equally-huge-numbers of jumps (I'm not going to collect-them-all or change my hameplay to get them but I'm sure some ppl would dig it) and some arx could be earned for explo activities without having to dock at a station

What do the stygian paintjobs even look like? I checked the store to see if anything was new this year and didn't even see those.
Metallic reflection on Vibrant paint schemes. IMO they actually look much better in the game than they looked in the store preview. Here's Stygian Red on my Scarlet Chorus.
yBcrbs6.png

Top Bottom