Help with outfitting Corvette

PvE pirate killing only. Travels with max size fuel scoop which gets changed out with an HRP.

Still tinkering with/learning the engineering

1) two fixed efficient huge thermal vent beams, two c2 long range pulse turrets, one high cap corrosive c3 turret or gimbal mulicannon and two long range c1 feedback rails. Use the rails only when the enemy is banking (or skip them because you have two huge beams to deal with banks)
Alternatively a long range c3 pulse turret and two high cap c1 multiturrets.

Sounds familiar(ish). ;)

2ue1r89.jpg

+EDIT+

Bit of an explanation....

C4 Gimballed Beams - makes killin' small ships easy, and can kill stuff up to the size of, say, a Clipper without using ammo'.
C3 MC - Bring on-line once the shield of a big ship goes down.
C2 Rails/Hammers - For opportunistic shots.
C1 Pulse/Burst Turrets - Long Range, pulse with emissive XFX and burst with scramble spectrum XFX. Just let 'em do their thing and they attract enemies to you.

Last edited:
Looks like there is some kind of consensus with some differences here and there. From all those Coriolis links is obvious that you all use really dedicated ship in sense of what to put in optionals? HRP! What to put in Utility? SB!
Seems like ill have to throw some crap away, although collector limpets must stay for sure, those little guys are good in grinding mats :)

At start of day I struggled with Wing Pirate Assasination while my conda was able to do so. After all changes it looks like corvette will finaly solo that too.
Jolly good! Thanks guys!

Looks like there is some kind of consensus with some differences here and there. From all those Coriolis links is obvious that you all use really dedicated ship in sense of what to put in optionals? HRP! What to put in Utility? SB!
Seems like ill have to throw some crap away, although collector limpets must stay for sure, those little guys are good in grinding mats :)

I have a slightly different 'vette for collecting stuff. https://s.orbis.zone/3351

Same core-internals, weapons and utilities but with a cargo rack, collector and an SRV for doing SRV stuff.

14t29at.jpg

FWIW, I try to standardise as much of the stuff on my ships as possible, so I can always swap it to a different ship, or know that stuff that I change will work on other ships.

I always make beam-lasers Efficient and oversized.
I always make MCs long-range and then apply either the Corrosive or (if there's two) the Incindiary effect.
I always use 0A SBs and I always make 'em Resistance Augmented or Heavy Duty.
Bi-weave shields are always Reinforced, with the Fast Charge effect.
Etc.

It's not always the ideal way to build ships but it means, at least, that I never end up with oddball modules that are no use for anything else.

I'm using this for hazres:

2 x c4 rapid fire g5 gimballed pulse lasers (seems good against shields)
1 x c3 high capacity g5 dumbfire missile (for big targets)
2 x c2 efficient g5 thermal vent gimballed beam lasers (to cool down c4 boiz)
1 x c1 long range g1 emissive munition turret laser (to keep track targets with cell banks)
1 x c1 high capacity g5 corrosive gimballed mc (fire only targets without shields)

armour: ~3000
shields: ~1800 with 57% lowest resistance
fighter hangar
3 point defenses
kws
rest are guardian shield boosters, regular shield boosters, cargo for limpets and collection limpets

pips config during battle 2 - 0 - 4
never lost shields actually

I have a slightly different 'vette for collecting stuff. https://s.orbis.zone/3351

Same core-internals, weapons and utilities but with a cargo rack, collector and an SRV for doing SRV stuff.

14t29at.jpg

FWIW, I try to standardise as much of the stuff on my ships as possible, so I can always swap it to a different ship, or know that stuff that I change will work on other ships.

I always make beam-lasers Efficient and oversized.
I always make MCs long-range and then apply either the Corrosive or (if there's two) the Incindiary effect.
I always use 0A SBs and I always make 'em Resistance Augmented or Heavy Duty.
Bi-weave shields are always Reinforced, with the Fast Charge effect.
Etc.

It's not always the ideal way to build ships but it means, at least, that I never end up with oddball modules that are no use for anything else.
Completely understand what you say. This attitude can spare a lot of time, you have lets say universal stuff, no matter where you put it. Getting there slowly too as I don't do PvP in Elite Im fine with "pretty good enough".
Maybe one day I'll min max all but that will need more money and will.

Never had 2x Beam C4. Lol its sick. Really is. I don't even know if Im happy as a lot of stuff pops. And I like its fixed, large ship is not that jumpy its easier to aim.

Cool guys!

And Im glad Eagles are on the way :D Consider my Vette stolen. Well I never wanted any PvP for the sake of humanity, we should stick together, but as bugs shows not dedicated to destroy us enough I might try to enslave some Feds one day.
(I don't like Feds as some Gunship killed me once with more than enough amount of missiles lol)

I've been trying my hand at the corvette for some weeks now, and I can will also agree that fixed beams in the huge harpoints are probably the best thing you can fit there.

I tried PAs for a while and engineered two pairs, one efficient, which was crap against smaller targets and a pair of focused PAs (because of the projectile speed and no added power requirements which long range adds), which were great against fast ships and even in 1vs1 PvP, but the ammo runs dry too quickly and the damage isn't something to write home about.

I would tend to disagree with the necessity of using corrosive, the damage of two beams on their own is probably enough for anything in PvE short of targoids. If fighting against players it's useful without dispute as it increases the damage of the beams. I use it myself, but I think the "debuff turret" is a idiotic gameplay concept.

If you're using an armoured powerplant the size 1 hardpoints could also be useful as g2-3 short range railguns (short range adds heat, damage and reduces range but my corvette hardly reaches 60% and the beams have a relatively short range anyway, just avoid going higher if you don't want to fight in the 1,5 km range)

Last edited:
Just make sure you eng your vette for pvp aka put the best armor on, a rate the entire thing and g5 all, as they say eng it for pvp and its pve broken. Just put all gimbal multis on and put incendiary on all but the large under the nose. That one put corrosive on and watch as you kill npc's in 5 secs.

Did some tweaking on mine this evening ... back to 2x C4 Efficient Beams which - 90% of the time is all you need! They are strangely satisfying ... just watching the enemy shield or hull numbers fall!

On the underside I’ve gone with a C3 Focused PA and then then two C2 Focused PAs on the sides. Those do almost as much damage as two C4 PAs but generate less heat ... bit more difficult to aim/hit with than the top mounted C4s were but you only need to use them on big stuff (which don’t move so fast!) as those beams just evaporate anything smaller than a Python!

Haven’t put anything on the C1s yet ... not convinced it’s neccessary but maybe some turreted pulses for swatting Fighters? Power is pretty tight, though ... so maybe turreted MCs would do for that job?

With a 7C Thermal Resist Shield, various Shield Boosters, Guardian Shield Reinforcements, Military Armour and a bunch of Standard Hull Reinforcements it’s rocking 2,700 shields with 55%+ resists across the board and 3,100 hull integrity.

Possibly excessive for PvE ...

Last edited:
I'm using this for hazres:

2 x c4 rapid fire g5 gimballed pulse lasers (seems good against shields)
1 x c3 high capacity g5 dumbfire missile (for big targets)
2 x c2 efficient g5 thermal vent gimballed beam lasers (to cool down c4 boiz)
1 x c1 long range g1 emissive munition turret laser (to keep track targets with cell banks)
1 x c1 high capacity g5 corrosive gimballed mc (fire only targets without shields)

armour: ~3000
shields: ~1800 with 57% lowest resistance
fighter hangar
3 point defenses
kws
rest are guardian shield boosters, regular shield boosters, cargo for limpets and collection limpets

pips config during battle 2 - 0 - 4
never lost shields actually

Ooh ... missiles ... that’s an interesting idea ... could be useful once the huge beams have stripped shields.

Haven’t put anything on the C1s yet ... not convinced it’s neccessary but maybe some turreted pulses for swatting Fighters? Power is pretty tight, though ... so maybe turreted MCs would do for that job?

If you've got the C1 slots spare, the best thing to do with them (IMO) is definitely to stick a long-range pulse turret in one of 'em.
Make it long-range and apply the emissive XFX.
It only uses a tiny bit of power so it'll never stop firing and it ensures that your targets don't drop off your sensors after deploying a heat-sink.
Any damage it does is coincidental. The main benefit is that it'll keep shooting out to 6km so it continually harasses targets and the XFX keeps 'em lit up like an xmas tree.
Honestly, for such a small weapon it makes killin' stuff much, much easier.

For the other one, I'd suggest, perhaps, a gimballed MC, with long-range and the corrosive XFX.
Put that on the same trigger as your "main" weapons so that every time you fire the lasers of PAs the MC will fire and cause corrosive damage, so the lasers/PAs cause more hull-damage.

On the underside I’ve gone with a C3 Focused PA and then then two C2 Focused PAs on the sides. Those do almost as much damage as two C4 PAs but generate less heat ... bit more difficult to aim/hit with than the top mounted C4s were but you only need to use them on big stuff (which don’t move so fast!) as those beams just evaporate anything smaller than a Python!
If you're using them only against bigger prey, I'd make them efficient. The only thing focused PAs do better is being faster, which isn't needed against big targets. This will also improve your energy management.

My corvette has:
2 huge MCs, gimballed overcharged
1 large Beam, gimballed, efficient, thermal vent
2 medium Beam, fixed, efficient, thermal vent
2 small Beam, fixed, efficient, thermal vent

melts their shield, not your sanity or bank account.

Top Bottom