I’m in a bit of a pickle, I’m trying to outfit my imperial eagle for pvp and speed so I’m tying to squeeze every bit of shielding I possibly can out of it.
Created an account her hoping that you guys (and girls) on the forums could help me. Please try and keep all engineering grade three and below. Also ignore everything besides the shielding. I have access to grade 3 shields as well as prismatics. I also have G1 shield boosters. Try not to go over the power limitations.

PS: The reason I’m using EDSY is because the engineering won’t transfer over from inara to coriolis. If you wanna take the time to do that be my guest, I’m not forcing you to do anything.

THANKS! o7

Pretty much every small ship that isn't an Imperial Courier does better as a hybrid bi-weave setup than a shield focused one.

You're probably looking at a 3C bi-weave generator (probably enhanced low power to save mass and either low draw to cut down on distributor or whatever resist you think you'll need most), a D2 MRP, four D1 heavy-duty deep plated HRPs (this is where your hull integrity comes from), with lightweight reflective plating on the default lightweight alloys (for maximum resistances, since the bulkheads are almost irrelevant to final hull integrity on an iEagle).

Pretty much every small ship that isn't an Imperial Courier does better as a hybrid bi-weave setup than a shield focused one.

You're probably looking at a 3C bi-weave generator (probably enhanced low power to save mass and either low draw to cut down on distributor or whatever resist you think you'll need most), a D2 MRP, four D1 heavy-duty deep plated HRPs (this is where your hull integrity comes from), with lightweight reflective plating on the default lightweight alloys (for maximum resistances, since the bulkheads are almost irrelevant to final hull integrity on an iEagle).

i see where you’re coming from however I don’t have any hull/module engineering yet. Wouldn’t that also cut down on my speed quite a lot? It’s the speed that allowed me to turn most situations around.

i see where you’re coming from however I don’t have any hull/module engineering yet.

How much of a problem that is depend on how much of a chore you find it to unlock.

Wouldn’t that also cut down on my speed quite a lot? It’s the speed that allowed me to turn most situations around.

The entire protection scheme of the hybrid setup I described (plus the fifth HRP I accidentally omitted above) is only 3.1 tons heavier than the shield generator and single GSR on your build (which amounts to about 10m/s lower boost velocity), but is vastly more durable.

Also, any ship that using EPTs should also be using drive distributors, not drag drives, unless it's extremely stripped down.

Downsized my Flechette Courier to the Imperial Eagle.

I realized that due to convergence of 2 Flechette launchers on the Courier actually reduced its module damage because the aiming circle sits between the 2 hard points.

Instead, I tested with using just one Flechette, landing it directly on top of the targeted module, resulting in equal damage of firing 2 with separation.

With this knowledge, I figured maybe it’s time to refit my imperial Eagle for this type weapon. So far. I found much success.

BA721140-3290-4BC4-801F-3C99BD6E41B2.jpeg
CBDDC138-9391-4D18-942B-B49394540654.jpeg

Top Bottom