High Grade USS nerf?

Deleted member 163043

D
Totally agree with your post except for this line. They make as much sense as manufactured parts, i.e. not even the subtlest lick of it.

You just have to remember that you live in a universe where dragging and dropping a file to copy it is morally equivalent to shenanigans involving goat heads and black candles, and there is an inexplicable galaxy-wide ban in trading common elements in the top ten list of universal abundance such as iron, carbon etc., even in Anarchies which are famous for doing exactly what they're told.

Of course, if it was actually fun, people would care even less whether it made sense.

Hmmm I can see your point. To clarify, what I meant about making sense is that DATA, it makes sense you can get it by scanning things. That doesn't seem out of place. In reall life if we want to get data from a distant world, we use certain equipment to scan it, looking for signals and sounds. And with RAW mats, it does make sense that you can go down to a planet and use an SRV to search and collect raw materials. I don't even mind those things so much. And with things like crashed ships, while still being a tedious grind (not fun), it does mean you can get all your mats via trade and its better than the issue with Manufactured parts.

But yes, I agreee with your point too.

Personally I don't see why we need to grind for mats at all. Let them be purchased for money, or you go out and find them. Let it be a choice. There is enough grind in the game without the grind for mats as well. Let us just fly and have fun without the painful and frustrating grind strangling the fun out of the game

With the new system, its cool you can now see High Grade at a Nav point, and that they can last 30 mins or so.

...or they can last 30 seconds, once you discover them. ...and then there's those 2 min 30 second HGEs that are 560 ls away in a system with factions at war. In other words, *just* enough time to get to the HGE before it magically evaporates ...except that you're almost inevitably subjected to an interdiction attempt by some over-zealous NPC security ship patrolling this war torn system, and beating the interdiction takes JUST enough time to ensure you can't get to the HGE, even if you use the Buckyball Racing corkscrew speed approach....

But overal there are less of them. You drop in, get Nav Point, see one, chase it, if arrive in time, drop in, grab maybe 3 -5 sets of a grade 5... then thats it. The old system was painful, but it has been nerfed so heavy now, this is much much worse!

Let's not forget those all-too-often occurrences where you fly 5000 or 7500 (or more) light seconds out into deep space to get to that HGE with enough time remaining ...only to get 3-5 G4 mats, with not a single G5 for your time and trouble. Anybody full of proprietary composites or proto light alloys and wanting a re-roll on that kind of steamingly bad design?

...or they can last 30 seconds, once you discover them. ...and then there's those 2 min 30 second HGEs that are 560 ls away in a system with factions at war. In other words, *just* enough time to get to the HGE before it magically evaporates ...except that you're almost inevitably subjected to an interdiction attempt by some over-zealous NPC security ship patrolling this war torn system, and beating the interdiction takes JUST enough time to ensure you can't get to the HGE, even if you use the Buckyball Racing corkscrew speed approach....

Let's not forget those all-too-often occurrences where you fly 5000 or 7500 (or more) light seconds out into deep space to get to that HGE with enough time remaining ...only to get 3-5 G4 mats, with not a single G5 for your time and trouble. Anybody full of proprietary composites or proto light alloys and wanting a re-roll on that kind of steamingly bad design?

Those military interdictions...:(

I think they flattened the rate of appearances a bit, yes.
But I still find enough of them.

In HGE you can find G4 or G5.

If you're looking for particular G5 you should look for HGE with the state they COULD be in.

Pharmaceutical Isolators are really hard to find. You need a System with the state "outbreak" and then you have to be lucky to find a HGE with that state and then you might be able to pick some.

On the ED Wiki is a list which HGE state could provide you with specific material
https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/High_Grade_Emissions

Top Bottom