Engineers High-Res Screenshot binding

Hi,
I am just wondering if its possible to change the high res screen shot buttons in a config file somewhere?

Alt-f10 is a real pain to take action shots with.

Thanks,
CMDR Soopyyy.

There was thread about this a while ago. I believe that its impossible to change that, haven't tried to change it but have read others say that its impossible.

Hi,
I am just wondering if its possible to change the high res screen shot buttons in a config file somewhere?

Alt-f10 is a real pain to take action shots with.

Thanks,
CMDR Soopyyy.

If you use reshade you can take screenshots with printscreen. It's much easier with single button. And I believe you can change the button through reshade config.

Yeah I use reshade, but that doesn't take hi-res shots.

Ah, sorry. I didn't even realize you can take pics that has higher resolution than your monitor resolution. How can you change the resolution higher in the first place?

Last edited:
Yep, Alt-f10 in solo or private group.

But how you change the resolution to higher? My native is 2560*1440. Do you mean I could change the resolution to like 5000* something if I wanted? That would make nice wall prints.

But how you change the resolution to higher? My native is 2560*1440. Do you mean I could change the resolution to like 5000* something if I wanted? That would make nice wall prints.

Shooting from the hip here, but I believe Hi-res shots are 4x your current resolution

Shooting from the hip here, but I believe Hi-res shots are 4x your current resolution

My High-Res shots are 7680x4320.

You can change the multiplication factor in a config somewhere, but good chance you'll crash the game/pc in doing so.

Example:

osDO7ub.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
From the text config or in game config. Is it the super sampling thing?

No, its special code the dev's have put in specifically for hi-res screen shots. When you press Alt-f10 it creates special screenshot in super high resolution. If you press F10 by its self, you get a gameplay resolution screenshot.

No, its special code the dev's have put in specifically for hi-res screen shots. When you press Alt-f10 it creates special screenshot in super high resolution. If you press F10 by its self, you get a gameplay resolution screenshot.

My hi res screenshot is 10240*5760. Too bad it does not include reshade effects. Other wise it would have been perfect way make large wall prints.

Very odd, mine is keeping the reshade effects.

Nope. If you take standard f10 screenshot it's not including reshade effects. Alt+f10 is the same just higher res. If you take screenshot from the same scene with reshade and alt+f10 you see the difference. Of course it depends how much you have altered effects with reshade. If you have very subtle change you might not see the difference.

Last edited:
The high-res screenshot takes place before ReShade applies its shaders as ReShade is being applied at the very end of the rendering pipeline, just before the output.

The actual amount of times the monitor's resolution the high-res screenshot uses can be set in one of the text files. Most engines have this feature for PR reasons.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

To take high-res screenshots with ReShade being applied you must create a custom resolution and then use that resolution in-game. :)

Last edited:
The high-res screenshot takes place before ReShade applies its shaders as ReShade is being applied at the very end of the rendering pipeline, just before the output.

The actual amount of times the monitor's resolution the high-res screenshot uses can set set in one of the text files. Most engines have this feature for PR reasons.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

To take high-res screenshots with ReShade being applied you must create a custom resolution and then use that resolution in-game. :)

That might be why it's working. I am using DSR. I also don't use very many effects with reshade, just some slight colour adjustment.

Last edited:
That might be why it's working. I am using DSR. I also don't use very many effects with reshade, just some slight colour adjustment.

Yeah DSR will keep the ReShade changes. Take a in-game High-res shot, and then immediately take a ReShade shot of the very same scene and compare them side by side and you'll see the difference. :) I wish ReShade could do supersampling shots...

Yeah DSR will keep the ReShade changes. Take a in-game High-res shot, and then immediately take a ReShade shot of the very same scene and compare them side by side and you'll see the difference. :) I wish ReShade could do supersampling shots...

Well if my shots are 100% in game graphics. They've improved beyond all reasonable measure since 2.0 :p

Well if my shots are 100% in game graphics. They've improved beyond all reasonable measure since 2.0 :p

Actually, yes, it has been massively improved with better AO, and most of all better bloom, and more use of bloom as well. Planet lighting is better too. 2.1 brings better graphics, betetr textures, and better performance.

Remember that F10 takes in-game shots, alt-F10 takes high-res shots, and PrtScrn button takes ReShade shots. :)
All the in-game default shots ends up in Documents folder and ReShade shots ends up in ED folder.

Top Bottom