Hitpoint inflation is insane

I still think that military modules should be limited only to military slots
Also limit shield boosters to maximum 4 or even less - they can do this since they are already did it with ax weapons.
And eventually coupled with a tonedown to damage.

One will no longer see oddities like 7k hull tanks and armed traders would actually stand a chance against a raider since the said raider wont be able to fill 10 slots with hrp/mrp
And it would actually give a meaning to military ships that sports the said military slots

Seems like a fair argument though, doesn't it? Game added these things and people invested their playtime chasing them....Frontier can't just scrap it all and say "sorry, we changed our minds" and not expect to lose alot of angry players.

I totally agree that something needs to be done to address the rather serious issue of armour (and shield for that matter on some ships) being way overpowered with how they can be stacked and then engineered for god mode. But any solution does need to respect that time investment of existing players.
I played 500 hours to build up a small arsenal. Over night the stuff was nerfed to obsolete. Obviously, grindlords and skinner box addicts make for more interesting customer group.

"I worked hard to get my OP godmode ship, I love feeling invulnerable and FD should respect my time!"
Seems like a fair argument though, doesn't it? Game added these things and people invested their playtime chasing them....Frontier can't just scrap it all and say "sorry, we changed our minds" and not expect to lose alot of angry players.

People payed money for the game, the expansion, and cosmetics. Then they put incredible amounts of time into developing their skills, status in the PvP community, and towards their commander's arsenal to enjoy their PvP experience, only to have that experience stripped away by these gross imbalances. Fairness, challenge, and meaning was taken from them after all that hard work and practice, so I think I can see where you're coming from.

But what is more important, an environment that encourages more players to get in and play, or one that discourages them? Why support a condition that suggests players should stay in solo until their ships are fully upgraded a year later? Why support a balance where players don't have enough ammo to sort out a duel and can hi-wake at any point within their 15 minute long dance? It's not fair to argue that they worked hard for this condition because it's not a favorable condition. People work hard for all sorts of things, even terrible things. It doesn't mean they are entitled to keep it, nor that keeping it is a good thing. Some players work very hard to develop cheats. Should we allow them to use them since they worked so hard to make them? No sir.

The game needs a ton of balancing to give back what players worked for that they no longer have, something very reasonable and favorable: A fair and engaging environment. Every meta 1v1 has become a mind-numbing endurance event. That's why a lot of us are just going for 4v1 frag cannon ganks. Shield boosters and HRPs are a good start, but ideally a lot more needs looking into. For example, why do the FDL and Mamba fly like light fighters despite also having the best shields and firepower? Why were emissives allowed to so easily delete an entire playstyle? Why was plasma given pure damage instead of a 50% buffed thermal damage?

The only thing balancing takes from players is imbalance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom