Horizons, for like an hour

Hey Commanders,

You caught our QA running some tests! Nice work Commanders, this should now be rectified and only the base game will be available...until the 27th.

The merger of Horizons and the Elite Dangerous base game will go ahead on the 27th of Oct!
Looking forward for the skins and can't wait to try them out. I bought Horizon 2 years ago and it worth every single money I spend on it. Keep up the good work Frontier!

Hey Commanders,

You caught our QA running some tests! Nice work Commanders, this should now be rectified and only the base game will be available...until the 27th.

The merger of Horizons and the Elite Dangerous base game will go ahead on the 27th of Oct!
Oooo... You must know, deep in your soul, that sooner or later someone is going to make a negative comment about that ;)

... but, while I have your attention... Does the merge mean we will get a single launcher for the game, rather than the 2 options we currently have?

Thanks for the heads up (y)

Not very ITIL is it :unsure:
Unsurprising, with some of the criticism ITIL faces in the industry...

it has been criticised on several fronts, including:
  • the books are not affordable for non-commercial users
  • implementation and accreditation requires specific training
  • debate over ITIL falling under BSM or ITSM frameworks
  • the ITIL details are not aligned with the other frameworks like ITSM
(from your own link...)

No system is perfect, it's a frame work / set of guidelines not a rulebook. However change management is covered and QA testing in production 😲
Indeed, no system is perfect, people even less so :)

ITIL is a very good system, one of the organisations I did some work for a few years back were promoting it to their workforce as a positive step, as I was only there for a few months (external contract) I never found out if they actually succeeded in getting folk to train up and adopt it...

Indeed, no system is perfect, people even less so :)

not a big fan of standards and certifications myself, i understand they're necessary to some extent but they can also be counterproductive (if relied on too much or just used for deflection). however, not messing around with production systems is about as crude and basic a policy can get.

this could have been simple operation error. if it indeed was testing then my guess is that they lack a dedicated testing environment which is the bright elephant in the room: when you don't have that you don't really have "QA " either.

Top Bottom