News Horizons Release Date – Tuesday 15th December

Uninstall the old one? Then hide it?
I could also just unlink it, but then i lose the time i'v been playing the game on steam. hence why i wanted it on steam in the first place to track my game time.

Last edited:
Has the pitch axis bug been squashed?

You cannot invert the pitch axis on the SRV nor can you assign the stick functions to simulate it being inverted.

Basically you are stuck wuth the pitch the way it is.

Also, the SRV really could do with being able to nudge it along much like you can with the ships using your thrusters. Currently the throttle is all or nothing.

Whoah whoah... So we won't get to test better planet surface textures / material quality?? Please don't tell me it will stay in the current state! The quality of surface textures, even on ultra, is way too low.

And come to think of it, what about the more color variety. It was said that only about 10% of the texture palette was implemented in the beta... When do we get to test the rest?

The Braben has spoken!

This will initially be termed an ‘Early Access’ release to highlight our normal process to our broad audience

Honestly, previous beta's have all been about getting the major bugs smashed and getting the game out the door. The longest was 1.4, and it still had problems. Whether people agree or disagree...we only get to test what the devs want tested...the rest is either going to be correct, or fixed at time period between Someday™, Soon ™, and Very Soon™.

Welcome to continual development and improvement!

but then i lose the time i'v been playing the game on steam. hence why i wanted it on steam in the first place to track my game time.

Steam tracks how long your launcher has been open, not how long you are in the game. So, you will not lose your time.

Hey Bigskill,

I've just checked in with our support team for you. :)

It will be a Horizons specific key and everyone will need to download the 64 bit version of the game yes.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Zac

Thank you very much Zac.... :) I will need to find a good place to download the game, with my connection I will need 2 days to re-download everything.... :V

Whoah whoah... So we won't get to test better planet surface textures / material quality?? Please don't tell me it will stay in the current state! The quality of surface textures, even on ultra, is way too low.

And come to think of it, what about the more color variety. It was said that only about 10% of the texture palette was implemented in the beta... When do we get to test the rest?

Did you miss the huge bump in quality between Beta 3 and 4?

When did they say that only 10% of the texture palette was implemented?

That's excellent news, I'm very eager to get my hands on a Cutter and crash it on various mountains and craters.

Hope no developers were harmed or deprived of beer for this release, and I wish them luck for their future work for Xbox port and incoming season's features.

Cheers!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I could also just unlink it, but then i lose the time i'v been playing the game on steam. hence why i wanted it on steam in the first place to track my game time.

Is tracking your game time a good enough reason to give steam 30% of all the money you spend in the frontier store? :p

BAD ASS, GUYS!

I didn't expect this to happen before the 25th! Absolutely wonderful news.

Between Horizons, 1.5 and Star Wars....I can't......

Wait what am I saying?!?!

MY BODY IS READY!

PS.

The trailer looks AMAZING. Great job showcasing some of the best textures. It really captures how I feel about Horizons. Well done, well done.

PSS

Any hints on what's coming in beta 5?!? huehuehuehue

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
It gives me two places to Dl the game from, in case the game becomes unavailable somewhere. ;P

Does it? (genuine question) Do Steam host the download themselves, or actually just point you to the Frontier Launcher? Considering you have to run the game through the frontier launcher, I would imagine the second one?

"Pre Order Now & Start Playing Elite Dangerous Today!"

text updated on store page - does this mean all Horizons pre-orders now have access to base game?

Steam tracks how long your launcher has been open, not how long you are in the game. So, you will not lose your time.
wont it come under a different app id on steam so tracking will have to start all over again. I would not want my hours split over different steam versions of the game. I wonder why they can not add the key as dlc and it updates the client. Also :mad:Ozric i buy through there store not the one attached to steam,so they do get all the money.

Last edited:
Ok, just finished watching the trailer...for the forth time. Anyone top that?

Also, the canyon run at 1:01 minutes looks nice indeed! Haven't done that in a wing in beta so far! :)

Top Bottom