Hostile from fighting in CZ - no missions taken

It appears that with the latest server tick/patch, they may have implemented what I had hoped wisely they had decided not to do.

You know how when you win a battle in a CZ it says your rep with the loser decreases? Up to now/a few days ago, that wasn't actually the case. Only when taking massacre missions as well and collecting those would your rep gone down.

Well, i just did 3 runs in a low CZ and ... I am now hostile with the faction we're fighting, so the station near the CZs is now offlimits to me. The other outpost in the system is ruled by another faction so let's me dock, but has no repair.

A relog didn't fix anything, so it isn't like the station bug - and the sysmap and other indicators also say I am hostile.

This is.... Not good. This means that when the ruler owns all the stations in the system, it cannot lose, because those fighting against it won't be able to dock anywhere, and therefore not cash any bonds. Bonds sold at an IF don't count as it doesn't know where the war is (just like how bounties sold at an IF have no influence effect).

I am hoping still this is a bug, and not as intended (as the battle won message implies) as this is going to make BGS play ... very unpleasant.

it didn't before, rep drop I mean. For months I've fought in CZs in multiple systems. if taking any missions, stopping before becoming hostile.

I did not do massacre missions in this conflict, and this war is in its fourth day. This will now dramatically slow me down (from CZs within 2 Ls to jumping to another system to repair, and dock and sell bonds at an outpost 2,000 Ls away).

I can't even take missions to repair my rep because the only ones available i can take is shoot ships of the faction I support. I can't sell exploration data to repair my rep because I can't dock at their stations.

So, it's either the slow route, or bounty hunt for the faction I am opposing? and do that every couple of CZ runs? this is insanity. Imagine a situation where the ruler owns all assets.... Or where the only station you can cash in is 250,000 Ls away, because you're locked out of anything near the entry star...

Last edited:
I did another low CZ to see how quickly my rep further deteriorated. From just a hair hostile (i.e. the leftmost bar was nearly full), I went to just a sliver of rep left (i.e. left most bar almost empty) after ONE other victory.

We're all screwed...

Last edited:
i agree with "on paper it makes sense" and if immersion is your thing, then it may even be desirable.

But locking players of one side out of local stations creates a dramatic imbalance. And indeed where rulers own all dockable assets, those systems become unassailable. New PMFs near big factions could soon find themselves unable to run missions for their own faction, or only to a subset of destinations.

I can also imagine this leading to a storm of support tickets after a CMDR or group of friends spend a few hours in the CZ, come back to port, only to get blown up by the station they've been going back and forth to. The rep degradation goes so quick that that could easily happen.

DeLacy Echo Tango Hotel, please request permission...
Welcome Cmdr, I see you've been out destroying our ships again on behalf our sworn enemy...
Please do enjoy your stay while we repair and reload your ship, so you can carry on...

Of course your rep should go down. And quickly. Sure, i's going to (on ocassion) make conflicts logistically more difficult, for anyone choosing to fight against a faction controlling the nearest station, all the stations in a system, all the stations in neighbouring systems, etc. Here's a suggestion, just park your squadrons fleet carrier somewhere in the system you are attacking, and repair/reload there.

If FDev would give every faction at war without an asset in a system, let's say a temporary dockable mega-ship where supporters can hand in missions and repair themselves, this would not as big of a deal as it is now. It would still be inconvenient, but be a compromise in regards to the desired realism.

Now, when you get hostile with a very big faction controlling loads of important star systems, there would still be an issue of course.

This seems like a great move, but sure, the implementation may or may not need some work. I like Ulon's suggestion above, and influence/war effort effects from interstellar factors sound like they need looking at based on the OP.

Both missions and CZs could do with clearly telling you who you're looking to off and what the consequences are. I remember once doing a base assault on the faction controlling the station I took the mission at. Was my introduction to base assault, to the 'hostile' condition, and to stations being heavily armed, all at once.

I should note I've no interest in the metagame of the background simulation. I don't want the BGS messed up for those who care, but for me this is a change that would actually make me interact with the game to the point of caring who wins a conflict or who I side with. I never have before.

... Here's a suggestion, just park your squadrons fleet carrier somewhere in the system you are attacking, and repair/reload there.

Now, that would be a great solution :D ... were they actually in the game.

Ulon's compromise would work, too.

I don't disagree that rep should take a hit, but locking you out of stations is rather drastic. Maybe it should stop at the bottom of unfriendly?

I did about 8 CZ's today, choosing the same faction to support in each, my rep with the oppositions dropped only to "unfriendly" and the bar is still near the middle-upper end of it, so it isn't super, super fast of a drop. I did stay in each battle until the "battle won" message. Wierd that you got to hostile after only 3, OP....that seems like something else was going on.

I'm pretty new, so I didn't know this wasn't always how it worked....I assumed it was since I started doing CZs a few weeks ago. I have always made sure to only do CZs where there is a good repair/refuel/restock station that is not controlled by the faction I am going to fight, didn't realize it wasn't actually necessary before. lol

i think it wasn't just 3, but also the ones from yesterday, which brings it closer to 9-10. Still, that means in a day, 2 at most, you could easily be hostile, when wars can last 7.

I am pretty sure that this only started working as the message at victory said since 3.3 from last thursday/yesterday with the server tick.

Here's an interesting scenario: you're docked at a station your faction owns, and it's a draw after 6 days. You work hard, then dock before going to bed. The next day, after tick, you find out your faction lost. That can be disappointing, but now you have a new task....

How to exit the station you are docked in now that ownership changed and you're hostile? Better have those G5 DDs fitted and hope you make it to 7km out before 💥

And if you fail, you get to try again. And again. As long as it takes. Hope you have plenty of rebuys...

Last edited:
So far I've been lucky and every War and Civil War I've participated in the side I chose has won at the end. I know that won't hold up forever though, so good to have this advance cautionary tale.

Here's an interesting scenario: you're docked at a station your faction owns, and it's a draw after 6 days. You work hard, then dock before going to bed. The next day, after tick, you find out your faction lost. That can be disappointing, but now you have a new task....

How to exit the station you are docked in now that ownership changed and you're hostile? Better have those G5 DDs fitted and hope you make it to 7km out before 💥
The C&P rewrite supposedly meant that if that happens you get transported to a detention centre - but I don't know if that's actually the case.

Top Bottom