CQC How about a new type of play?

Hi everyone,

I love CQC and am admittedly very good at it (I'd just love to have more time for it), but one thing bothers me a little: Only three different modes? How about taking some inspiration from other fast-paced Multiplayer games (Mind you I'm not talking about Battlefield nor Call of Duty. In my view these are slow-paced games - we're talking Quake and Unreal Tournament speed here)?

So I was thinking: Does anyone remember the Mutant mode from UT2004? In that mode, one player at the start of each round was randomly chosen to be the mutant, having all weapons with 999 ammo, health regeneration (including armor) and higher moving speed than the others, making him of course very powerful, but also a preferred target for all other players, because if he was killed by another player, that player would then become the mutant and so forth (Plus whoever killed the mutant would of course get more points than just one as for a normal kill). I think this gamemode could be adapted for CQC where one player would start in a powerful ship (first thing that came to mind was an Anaconda, but that would be a little too tough I presume :D), perhaps a ship that can't be usually selected in CQC (like perhaps a Cobra, that would be fair I think) and perhaps even fitted with equipment that isn't usually available in CQC (Rail Guns or something like that, depending on the ship size), and once he/she get's shot, the player who made that shot get's the powerful ship instantly.

Am I the only one who would like that idea? :rolleyes:

Hmm... I Like where you're going with this idea but I'd like to change it up to fit my own taste. :p
How about one lucky player spawn in a Corvette and the other 4 spawn in their chosen fighter loadouts. The match has a short timer and the goal for the fighters is to take out the Corvette once and they win. If the Corvette can kill 10 fighters he wins. The mode may need a lot of testing for balance.

FYI, a Cobra would never stand a chance against a wing of fighters in pvp(not even sure about the Corvette). ;)

Also, I posted some ideas in another similar thread started today before I saw yours. Sorry.

P.S. Someday we will have walking around and out of vehicle combat. So the mutant thargoid mode may actually be possible.

Last edited:
We barely have enough players online to do DM, on a good day TDM, and forget about CTF. And you want to add another game mode? They need to get working what they already have first...

Hmm... I Like where you're going with this idea but I'd like to change it up to fit my own taste. :p
How about one lucky player spawn in a Corvette and the other 4 spawn in their chosen fighter loadouts. The match has a short timer and the goal for the fighters is to take out the Corvette once and they win. If the Corvette can kill 10 fighters he wins. The mode may need a lot of testing for balance.

FYI, a Cobra would never stand a chance against a wing of fighters in pvp(not even sure about the Corvette). ;)

Also, I posted some ideas in another similar thread started today before I saw yours. Sorry.

P.S. Someday we will have walking around and out of vehicle combat. So the mutant thargoid mode may actually be possible.

Yes, I like your suggestion, of course a Cobra would be outmatched, so a Conda or Corvette or something of that size might be a little more fun. Was just about the idea :D
No offense, by the way ;)
We're all in the same ship here! (<- see what I did there? :p)

We barely have enough players online to do DM, on a good day TDM, and forget about CTF. And you want to add another game mode? They need to get working what they already have first...

Hm, I rarely have problems with finding matches, and from my experience, the game mode works fine - it's the rewards that are not justifying playing it. I mean, come on, 1500 credits or less for participating in a match? That's like a tenth or a hundredth of what I could earn if I go into a conflict zone or bounty hunting in the same time. But basically the game works fine, it's fun. Just the variety is what's missing from my point of view.

Hi, i would love to have some kind of racing mode, nearly every activity in The game resolves around pew pew. Why not have a racing mode where you fly through consecutive portals? Mabye have some speed power ups floating around. They could even use The same cqc maps for it.

Racing mode would also be very cool, would enjoy a race or two from time to time, and I'm sure the Elite Racers would too, but it shouldn't seem like a rip-off of StarCitizen's Arena Commander races.
Perhaps not portals to go through, more like a confined track, somewhat like F-Zero perhaps? Of course without an actual racetrack beneath the ships, but definitely a confined space - imagine how crazily funny threedimensional tracks can be, with sharp turns not only left or right, but up, down, diagonal... you know where I'm going with this =)

Yes, i would absolutly dig some f-zero or even wipeout style gameplay! But that means a lot of work in building extra maps. They could also mimik the Elite racers play style for a beginning, yes i know i could enlist myself, but my play time is usualy not working out with them. Also i supose the instancing could be quite an issue in open or group play. Please! :)

Yes, that's right, the maps... I remember building just one map for Unreal Tournament, and that took me almost a month - I tend to forget the amount of actual work that goes into producing a good (or, for that matter, bad) game.

(Mention of bad games = no reference to Elite: Dangerous ;) )

I would prefer Last man(ship) standing "One life-fixed weapons" and no radar.
Who dies will become a drone that helps everyone
The drone would spot a ship, once the ship is on the view of the drone it will appear on the Radar of everyone, ships and drones.
In this case ships will arrive to kill the player, but also other drones will come to target.:D
PS: Drones can be shot so you are not visible anymore, but the size of the drones make them difficult to aim.

Last edited:
Top Bottom