How big do you think the Elite Dangerous development team currently is?

Hmm, am I misremembering, or wasn't one of the books that came out on a Kickstarter backer tier licence a wild thargoid chase whose macGuffin turned out to be a cookie recipe. :7

you would still have the salty members of these forums who believe that because they paid £20 eight years ago, they are still entitled to whinge and moan that they deserve better
Sadly, that's exactly the mentality lots of players have. They complain about developpment and the lack of new features, but would be the first to complain if Frontier were to issue a season pass or even a paying DLC.

I don't think there is a team - I think even the core steering and cadence team is a virtual team made up of people dividing their time across multiple Frontier concerns.

At the moment I expect there are some full-fraction FTE resources who are dedicated to The Next Release Coming Soon (tm) but I suspect even they might then pick up another gig that uses the Cobra transferable skills in six months' time. Or they might have been "borrowed" back again for some releases on other Frontier games, which I notice tend to have exactly the same patterns of issues when they get Updates and DLC drops...

inb4: I said "resources" because I am fully aware that cutting code is a single-figure percentage of what needs to be done in total for something like a Thargoid War update.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this model if you have the right delivery model and the right stakeholders and the right market comms plan and the right knowledge management model.

Top Bottom