Newcomer / Intro How does the ++ levels of rewards scale?

Has anybody any information about how the different ++ levels of mission rewards scale?
Is it linerar; e.g. gives Reputation++ 100% more than Reputation+, and gives Reputation+++ 50% more than Reputation++?
Or is it exponential; e.g. gives Reputation++ N times more than Reputation+, and gives Reputation+++ N times more than Reputation++?

Dominic Corner

Mostly Harmless Programmer
Frontier
Has anybody any information about how the different ++ levels of mission rewards scale?
Is it linerar; e.g. gives Reputation++ 100% more than Reputation+, and gives Reputation+++ 50% more than Reputation++?
Or is it exponential; e.g. gives Reputation++ N times more than Reputation+, and gives Reputation+++ N times more than Reputation++?
Hi there,

Linear but representative of a range of values, a single plus represents between 0-x, two plusses is x-2x and so on up to a max of five plusses.

Thanks,
Dom

idont-understand-whati-dont-understand-i-dont-understand-10-53515224.png

Thanks that explains why same +++ rewards give slightly different % increases. I have wondered.

Does it transfer directly to SuperPower Rep (Fed, Imp, All) ? So a Rep++++ mission is worth more than a Rep+ mission to the SP too? I think it does but just checking. Thanks.

Dominic Corner

Frontier
Hi there,

Hold up.... is that infinite symbol correct?

Well, yes... But also no... It won't ever get to infinity and in practise there is a cap, but it's more than a normal step since there cannot be more than 5 plusses so anything above 100 there would still be +++++.

Thanks that explains why same +++ rewards give slightly different % increases. I have wondered.

Does it transfer directly to SuperPower Rep (Fed, Imp, All) ? So a Rep++++ mission is worth more than a Rep+ mission to the SP too? I think it does but just checking. Thanks.

I'm not 100% on the actual super power reputation equation (but yes, more faction rep should give more super power rep), but super power naval rank progress is directly proportiate to faction reputation rewards.

Thanks,
Dom

Hi there,

Well, yes... But also no... It won't ever get to infinity and in practise there is a cap, but it's more than a normal step since there cannot be more than 5 plusses so anything above 100 there would still be +++++.

I'm not 100% on the actual super power reputation equation (but yes, more faction rep should give more super power rep), but super power naval rank progress is directly proportiate to faction reputation rewards.

Thanks,
Dom
Hi! While you’re here Dom, is the minor faction rep for bounty hunting capped for some reason?

So I turn in bounties sometimes and I’ll have...

6 million for faction A
1 million for faction B
0.5 million for faction C

Etc...

Yet I’ll only see a very similar reputation jump for all factions involved.

I’m curious what the cap is?

Thanks

Dominic Corner

Frontier
So its variable? Influence the same? + = 0 - 20 is there a second equation that determines where in the range we can aim at?

Hi there,

Yes, influence is the same idea.

It is not variable during a mission, it merely describes what the reward is. If a mission generates which awards you (again, using the example of 20 as the step) 30 rep points than it will have ++, if it would award you 57 points it would have +++.

You can influence this by having a higher pilots federation rank in the relevant career and/or by having a higher reputation with the mission giver faction, as with most mission rewards.

Hi there,

Yes, influence is the same idea.

It is not variable during a mission, it merely describes what the reward is. If a mission generates which awards you (again, using the example of 20 as the step) 30 rep points than it will have ++, if it would award you 57 points it would have +++.

You can influence this by having a higher pilots federation rank in the relevant career and/or by having a higher reputation with the mission giver faction, as with most mission rewards.
Just to make sure, I presume you mean that a player is more likely to get more + on their mission rewards if they have a high rank in the relevant career? And not e.g. that a higher rank makes it more likely to get "20" for a single + (with a low rank making it more likely to get "0" on a + reward)?

Hope it's not worded too confusingly :)

Dominic Corner

Frontier
Just to make sure, I presume you mean that a player is more likely to get more + on their mission rewards if they have a high rank in the relevant career? And not e.g. that a higher rank makes it more likely to get "20" for a single + (with a low rank making it more likely to get "0" on a + reward)?

Hope it's not worded too confusingly :)
Hi there,

Both.

Rep rewards are generated as a number value and then translated into plusses for display. In general more rank/rep means a higher rep reward.

So if you have a single + reward then it is more likely to be closer to the top end the more rank/rep you already have and also you are more likely to get more plusses in the first place.

Thanks,
Dom

Hi there,

Both.

Rep rewards are generated as a number value and then translated into plusses for display. In general more rank/rep means a higher rep reward.

So if you have a single + reward then it is more likely to be closer to the top end the more rank/rep you already have and also you are more likely to get more plusses in the first place.

Thanks,
Dom

Is this the same with influence +?

Top Bottom