How long til Odyssey is actually playable?

I logged off the other day after the Galaxy Map showed me incorrect info while trying to do a massacre mission. Never found a settlement in the system owned by the faction I was hired to kill. Logged back in today. Flew to a settlement with seemingly no security. Orbital Glide dropped me 5km above the settlement. Got 5 Tresspass warnings at once and two bounties.

Mind you this is after having missions disappear and adding daily to my Graphics bug collection. I'm done. Can we get an ETA for when this mess will be sorted out? I was fooled into Pre-Ordering so I can't get a refund. so what? Do I wait another two years or something?

Deleted member 121570

D
I logged off the other day after the Galaxy Map showed me incorrect info while trying to do a massacre mission. Never found a settlement in the system owned by the faction I was hired to kill. Logged back in today. Flew to a settlement with seemingly no security. Orbital Glide dropped me 5km above the settlement. Got 5 Tresspass warnings at once and two bounties.

Mind you this is after having missions disappear and adding daily to my Graphics bug collection. I'm done. Can we get an ETA for when this mess will be sorted out? I was fooled into Pre-Ordering so I can't get a refund. so what? Do I wait another two years or something?
You'll need to wait for them to release the promised roadmap that might show you how long you have to wait :)

at least 6 more months. Right now we are in a pre-alpha phase.

but honestly, I have no faith in Fdev adding the promised content. They will work to fix all the performance issue. Bring it to a playable state and will call it a day.
eventually Odyssey will move from a pre-alpha to a stable Early Access which will remain in that state for few years.

that's my prediction, and I am usually correct :)

It works fine for me with since bugs soooo.... now!

It sounds like you are just miffed and don't want to learn mechanics. Most settlements have no-trespass zones even if they have no security.

"Empty settlements" often aren't empty and have wanted scavengers... but are empty of its original occupants.
Why are server transaction errors a mechanic? How do I outplay 10km, unmarked trespass zones that immediately give you bounties (which were not that big before Odyssey)? Why are some illegal missions still not marked? Is there a mechanic to beat Orange Cobra disconnects?

Stop gaslighting people just because they don't feel like risking their actual CMDR's in this bug-infested update. I just want an ETA for fixes.

but but, the whole team spend more time on odysse than on the base game...

That was the blabla we got from you $fddev.

You should be ashamed! No need for apologies, just admit that you have no clear vision for this game anymore!

They have to get this game in working condition before launching it on consoles in about six months. Until then, it's public beta time.

while it's somehow playable right now, i foresee critical bugfixing within a month, reasonable optimization (not at horizons levels) and UI (and general) improvements in 3-4 months, ready for clients merge and consoles release in early 2022

Performance needs to be sorted before console release so you can expect most of it to be solved with the patch that merges Horizon and Odyssey clients in 6 months (unless the console release is delayed due to "work to make Odyssey as great as possible" (also meaning "fck PC players, we didn't care then").

That is not to say other issues like atrocious UI changes and planetary tech will be fixed by then as they would not cause Sony or Microsoft to pull the game off the store - and they can't have that as this equals unhappy shareholders so the board will not allow it so the priority will be to make it stable and more optimized.

How long is a moaning piece of string?
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
:cool:

They have to get this game in working condition before launching it on consoles in about six months. Until then, it's public beta time.
...and they can't push the console launch back so will have to keep working on it.

Well they could, but the smart option could well be to cancel console launch at that point. Releasing DLC for old gen machines with current gen likely to be far more bedded in by mid-2022 and with all the FPS titles that'll be released by then is surely going to make ED:O struggle in that market.

How well Odyssey on PS4 will compare to titles native to PS5 (or XBox equivalents) later this year is going to be interesting.

Top Bottom