How many birds should be added to the game??

Well there was only ONE Arctic pack.
ONE South America pack.
ONE Australia pack.
ONE Southeast Asia pack.
ONE Africa pack.
ONE Aquatic pack.
ONE North America pack.

But there is "no reason to think the [Bird pack] would be the only pack with birds."

Yes

I'm not good at math...but I think I just counted seven reasons so far to believe we aren't getting multiple Bird packs 😅
Seriously?

have there been additional animals released corresponding to each pack?

Arctic pack. YES
South America pack. YES
Aquatic pack. YES

Well there was only ONE Arctic pack.
ONE South America pack.
ONE Australia pack.
ONE Southeast Asia pack.
ONE Africa pack.
ONE Aquatic pack.
ONE North America pack.

You say, there is "no reason to think the [Bird pack] would be the only pack with birds."

Yes

I'm not good at math...but I think I just counted seven reasons so far to believe we aren't getting multiple Bird packs 😅
leaving out the aquatic pack, because it doesnt fit your narative? No you didnt, you just ignored the fact that it doesnt. Almost politican level, almost.
It even doubles as a reason to cut the SA and the arctic pack from the list, as both of their themes have been revisited theire

Also it feels like you are activly trying to misinterpret what other people said. No one, or atleast as far as i saw no one here, talked about multiple birds pack, but one starter pack and then more aviary birds as habitat animals in future pack, just like what happend with the aquatic animals.

"Seriously?

have there been additional animals released corresponding to each pack?

Arctic pack. YES
South America pack. YES
Aquatic pack. YES"

I really hope I'm wrong...You are right, the SA species in the Aquatic pack are good example.

So maybe...I don't know. I guess I don't see Planet Zoo adding birds to future DLC's...I really doubt they are going to suddenly switch up the 4+1 model, or 8 model just because we want birds...and I don't see them releasing multiple aviary dlc's because of what I said previously.

Last edited:
leaving out the aquatic pack, because it doesnt fit your narative? No you didnt, you just ignored the fact that it doesnt. Almost politican level, almost.
It even doubles as a reason to cut the SA and the arctic pack from the list, as both of their themes have been revisited theire

Also it feels like you are activly trying to misinterpret what other people said. No one, or atleast as far as i saw no one here, talked about multiple birds pack, but one starter pack and then more aviary birds as habitat animals in future pack, just like what happend with the aquatic animals.

I like talking to ElectricMonk.

You seem stressed however. Like just before a child has a temper tantrum at a grocery store.

Anyways, back on topic.
I feel like 8 birds are perfectly fine for a starting roster aslong as they are choosen well.
For quite a long time already im speculating on an oceania pack for next summer, which would feature 2 more australian aviary birds, as i figured that they propapply would only get one, but have 5 of the most iconic zoo birds (cockatoos, greater bird of paradise (not really that common, but also not to uncommon and quite the flashy and unexpected seller animal), Kookaburra, budgie and rainbowlorikeet), so i figured, that down under is most likly for the spot of more aviary birds and an animal pack for the emus, wallabys and other critters from down there. So im really not worried in my humble opinion, we will get stuff

I suspect that, if we get birds, we'll get an eight bird pack that purposefully leaves gaps (like no parrots or no owls) to be filled in future dlcs.

if we take into account the birds that may be in the zoos of the world, we would get a list of 50/60 species. From what I've seen that in most zoos there are usually:

3/4 species of cranes
3/4 species of storks
between 5 - 15 species of ducks, geese and swans (counting them together)
5/8 species of pigeons
3/5 species of pheasants
3/10 species of macaws, parrots, parakeets (counting them together)
3/6 species of ibis and herons (counting them together)
3/6 species of eagles and vultures (counting them together)
1/2 species of flamingo
1/2 species of pelican
3/4 species of owls
2/3 species of cockatoos
2/3 species of toucans
2/3 species of hornbills
And they also have several species of small birds
Coraciiformes (for example: Blue-bellied roller); Passerines (for example: Gouldian finch)

And I don't know if I forget something
I could name a bunch of birds groups that wouldn't even need aviaries, ultimately yielding dozens (if not hundreds) of species.

My concern with an aviary pack is that it will make the big amount of ''flightless'' birds still missing even less likely to show up. We don't even have any for North and South America unless you count the King Penguin.

I think it could be a bird pack rather than an aviary pack. Not least because we have the mechanics for a number of ground dwelling birds but have had very few. The DLCs and animal packs to date could have featured pelicans, storks, cranes, ducks, geese and so on but we haven’t seen any.

That suggests to me that perhaps they are being held back for inclusion in a future DLC or pack of some sort.

I’m sure that will feature specific aviary building pieces but don’t forget we can build aviaries now. It’s a bit fiddly with the mesh pieces but it is possible. Plus we can have tropical halls, glass houses and so on.

And it wouldn’t surprise me to see an emu and kiwi in an Oceania animal pack for example.

If or when we get an aviary DLC I don't think we should hope for something far more than we're used to. I do think we need more, given that 2 years behind in getting birds, so I would say compromise could be reached on 10 birds without an "exhibit" species

Also if we get an aviary DLC, I wouldn't want any ground dwelling birds or waterfowl in it, and by ground I also count ones that do fly but not often ( ex. Secretary Bird ). I could only hope that we get them in following DLCs after possible aviary. (At least one pelican and one crane pls.)

So for those 10 I would go for representation and diversity.

Something like :

2 SA macaws
1 of each ( Eagle, Vulture, Owl, preferably non tropical species )
A Kookaburra
1 Hornbill
1 Toucan
1 Cockatoo
And a bird of paradise perhaps ?

This would of course not be ideal, but in my honest opinion would give us pretty strong base, like aquatic pack did.

Less likely, it would be a possibility that DLCs that come after could be expanded by one slot, so 4+1±1, and 7+1±1. That slot of course would be for aviary birds and would help further enrich the base aviary species we would get in first DLC.

That way I can say we would be left pretty satisfied and frontier wouldn't have to stir from their previously established system that much.

If or when we get an aviary DLC I don't think we should hope for something far more than we're used to. I do think we need more, given that 2 years behind in getting birds, so I would say compromise could be reached on 10 birds without an "exhibit" species

I would love for Planet Zoo to just tell us right now,

"You are getting an aviary DLC with only 8 birds" And then I can just stop playing now and play another game, I won't have to get my hopes let down.

The LAST thing this game needs is an underwhelming DLC that doesn't get any new players interested in buying this game...and also doesn't get any old players interested in starting new zoos...8 birds or something similar isn't making anyone new buy this game. It isn't groundbreaking...it's a stale formula.

An underwhelming aviary pack is a wasted opportunity.

The large zoo tycoon expansions STILL get talked about today. 👏 Do it right or don't do it at all. I'm not buying a bad aviary or bad aquarium pack plain and simple. If this is the last year for DLC I would like to think that Frontier see's how popular this game is and would cash in on DLC opportunities. Especially an opportunity to bring in a larger fan base and create tons of hype again (just with a DLC expansion)

Last edited:
I would love for Planet Zoo to just tell us right now,

"You are getting an aviary DLC with only 8 birds" And then I can just stop playing now and play another game, I won't have to get my hopes let down.

The LAST thing this game needs is an underwhelming DLC that doesn't get any new players interested in buying this game...and also doesn't get any old players interested in starting new zoos...8 birds or something similar isn't making anyone new buy this game. It isn't groundbreaking...it's a stale formula.

An underwhelming aviary pack is a wasted opportunity.

The large zoo tycoon expansions STILL get talked about today. 👏 Do it right or don't do it at all. I'm not buying a bad aviary or bad aquarium pack plain and simple. If this is the last year for DLC I would like to think that Frontier see's how popular this game is and would cash in on DLC opportunities. Especially an opportunity to bring in a larger fan base and create tons of hype again (just with a DLC expansion)

I honestly don't believe we're getting ZT2 style expansion. Expansions took much longer to make and even when we compare ZT2 with all expansions ( except EA, reasonably ) with PZ in current state, counting latest DLC-The PZ beats it in number of animals:

So it simply and sadly isn't worth the time. This system is way quicker, generates more income and isn't lacking behind in quantity of content. Now quality would be subjective but even ZT2 didn't have aviary birds.

So if we're getting birds and aviary at all, I think we should manage our expectations and compromise what we can. Still I don't think that 8 birds plus possible later additions is a bad deal.

But I totally understand that everyone has their passions and, you perhaps, waited just for the birds from the start, and I can see how 8-10 would feel underwhelming for you. But we don't know anything yet, not even if there is one aviary pack let alone the content of it.

I do know however that they listen to community and that they're ready to meet the needs of their fans. So I trust we'll get a solution that will leave both sides satisfied

On top of that we do not know that this year is the last one - DLC wise, only thing we know for sure that we are getting four DLCs next year, and not much else.

I see plenty of room for optimism there 😊

But I totally understand that everyone has their passions and, you perhaps, waited just for the birds from the start, and I can see how 8-10 would feel underwhelming for you.

That is exactly how I feel!!!👏

And I completely understand your perspective! But I didn't wait 2 years for an underwhelming dlc with only 8 birds and I know personally I won't be excited for the same tired DLC formula 💁‍♂️

Top Bottom