How many times have you been destroyed?

6 in total...and I remember each one vividly. One was caused by a network issue and fully refunded by FD so I don't count it, the other 5 by various combinations of stupidity, pilot error, tiredness and old fashioned bad luck

11 million per replacement and started August with 1.1 billion and sitting just above 500 million. I think it is a lot of times. Still love this stupid game......

25 insurance claims for around 75 million credits. 35 million of that was a Cutter, before I engineered the shields and thought I could handle a two CMDR wing (Conda and FDL) pirate interdiction. I thought "I'll just fight 'em for a bit and if I start losing I'll just run awa... " and I died about that fast.

Offhand, I think I started playing the game in March 2015
5 ship losses
About 1.8 Million in total claims – 1 Vulture, 2 Cobra Mk III, 1 Sidewinder, and 1 Viper, I think

1 having had a few and getting wedged inside a station and taken out by security (Viper?)
1 gank (Sidewinder?)
2 losses to pirates (Cobra Mk III)
and 1 loss to an NPC Anaconda I took on while not paying close enough attention to my ship stats (Vulture)

Last edited:
Mid 2014, 55+ Weeks, 27 claims at a cost of 50-100 MCR.

Outstanding immolation? Python, accidentally fired a 12 MCR collector while docking. :eek:

Hundreds.
For the first few years i thought burning them to the ground was the whole point of playing.
Four in actual combat.

Not that many for my fast approaching 10K hours gametime.*

Lost a few Sidewinders, learning the game 5 years ago & Suicidwinding from Jaques Station.

Lost my 'Conda, flipping over & then trying to take off from a Planet....while under the influence...Hic!

Lost a couple of Kraits, two months back while attacking Thargoid Scouts in the Witchead Sector - didn't know at that time how to 'stop' the contamination damage & didn't make it back to a Station!

Edit: 9 times*

Last edited:
Loads. Most painful at the time was very early on. Picked up a mission to supply something like superconductors for a very generous mark up over the going rate. Knowing I could buy them in pretty much the next system over I eagerly snapped this job up. Bought them and filled my little Hauler and off I pootled to return on what was a well know and safe run. Got insta interdicted on the way back to the delivery station and wasted by an NPC pirate losing all the cargo that was a fairly sizeable chunk of my bankroll at the time.

It was pretty frustrating as back in those early days just after the official release there was a big gap in terms of cost of the ships between the Sidey/Eagle/Hauler to the better trader of the Cobra III

Haven't checked. But based on things i do with small (and thus cheap) ships sometimes, i would expect to read "integer overflow" there. :D

4 - ish

Over almost 3 years long career.

#1.
Tried slave run once as I heard it's good money. One system before destiantion I stopped to perform silent running "dry test". Forgot I have a pirate tail. He dropped when I was shield naked and half cooked. As I mentioned earlier - #pantsdownmoment.

#2.
Trying to learn combat flying, Nav Beacons are dry, let's go to combat zone. Found nice target, started shooting. 5 seconds later rebuy. Did I mentioned that I didn NOT picked a side?

#3.
Got Cutter for the second time in my career. Found that I don't have her FSD engineered. Went to Deciat and somehow butchered glide. Ended bit too deep in the canyon past Farseer's base.

#4.
Went for a short sightseeing tour near the Bubble, ended in Colonia. Happens. While there I decided to revisit SagA*. 500 LYs later lost all the will to jump-honk-scan mantra. Went back to Colonia, bought Sidewinder and performed experiment - how high temp gauge I can get before turning into crisp. Answer: despite taking it considerably long the values weren't that impressive.

There may be #5 case but it wa so insignificant I can't recall what it was. So officially - 4.

Top Bottom