How space legs could look.

The scale of the ships when on foot is phenomenal. Space legs will be the best thing for ED ever. Well, assuming they get it right. I'm sure they will.

Land an Anaconda at Dav's Hope and then look at it relative to the buildings from your SRV. Heck, land a DBX in the middle of it.

you know they have this in the X games and it makes you want to vomit
think i'l just stay in my ship thanks

There are many things people are demanding in space legs that will be, for most people, a use once then forget about option. For instance I have seen requests for a space bar in Jaques you can walk to and have a drink with friends, I guess that would also apply to all stations. It's a nice thought, but walking the length of an Orbis to get to a bar and then back to the ship might be nice...once, like the launch check that gets turned off after using...once. But people either simply won't bother after one time or, if it's available, choose the option to just appear there. Creating a walkable station for most people just to visit a bar once seems like an awful lot of work.

I mean personally I am not against space legs but expectations certainly aren't going to be met by reality and a lot of work may be done that is just time wasting for the devs. We'll see one day I guess. As long as people who don't want it can just continue to play as we do now it won't hurt them but for instance if they make it that you have to walk to the mission board every time to get missions that will get annoying pretty quickly.

There are many things people are demanding in space legs that will be, for most people, a use once then forget about option. For instance I have seen requests for a space bar in Jaques you can walk to and have a drink with friends, I guess that would also apply to all stations. It's a nice thought, but walking the length of an Orbis to get to a bar and then back to the ship might be nice...once, like the launch check that gets turned off after using...once. But people either simply won't bother after one time or, if it's available, choose the option to just appear there. Creating a walkable station for most people just to visit a bar once seems like an awful lot of work.

I mean personally I am not against space legs but expectations certainly aren't going to be met by reality and a lot of work may be done that is just time wasting for the devs. We'll see one day I guess. As long as people who don't want it can just continue to play as we do now it won't hurt them but for instance if they make it that you have to walk to the mission board every time to get missions that will get annoying pretty quickly.

I have to agree on the time spent walk/running, would be very tedious.... as we all know the big stations are "round" and, so where you get your landing pad would now all of a sudden affect how long walk you have todo...

So I expect that we would see "teleporting" around to key locations to avoid lengthy walks.... And do not forget, people already complain about the time to jump longer distances.... imagine if you would have to walk around your ship and stations to get anywhere? But one interesting thing this could bring, is that smaller ships would gain popularity, .as they are simply faster to move around in, smaller size = shorter distances.

So this is going to be a very interesting thing to see how will work if (when?) space legs get implemented.

Some great points, space legs yes would be nice feature but their ins't anything in game right now ready for it's implementation, we would soon get bored walking around ship, it's not unlike SC atm I have watched the time it takes to walk to your ship, call the lift to get in your ship, open the inner doors in your ship, then check your cargo in your ship to actually getting in the seat is an age, esp: if your under attack, I could only imagine sending a message to the attacker saying " Hold on a minute just got to get in me ship get the lift to the flight deck and go through couple doors then i'll be with ya".

Something has to work i'm sure the devs will think of something though they have probably already done that, I can't help but think they are well under way having created space legs but it's just not ready for the game yet. As we need things to do and interact with, very much like atmo landings as it's now known, huge cities etc landable ports in them HUGE effort whole new mechanic and interaction. Time will tell so lets keep hoping one day.

Top Bottom