How to get Mbooni permit? For anti-thargoid weapons

Now that Bright Sentinel and Heart of Taurus are destroyed and none of the surviving Azimuth Biotech megaships are giving out missions how will we get the permit to Mbooni for the Modified Thargoid weapons?

You dont... (for now)
This is one of the things the EDO aftermath saga story line will deal with as AB leader may have escaped on a nemisis mega ship or he may be dead or he may be rebooting after the doople ganger body was destroyed...
Its only Thursdays... Many days of changes may be a head..

Permit won't be available until one of the surviving megaships gets back to the Bubble.
Previously one was in Qarato so it might be worth checking the itinerary for the survivors.

Yeh I found this out when I was on last night and about to go get the Modified Gauss. Mbooni is permit locked unless you did one of the Salvation missions a few months ago. Fortunately I got the modi Plasma 3 days ago. Be nice to get the Modi Shards too.

Last edited:
Assumptions: none of this will apply to console.
We still share the galaxy map and minour faction state changes with 4.0, If a faction loses a war in EDH3.8 they still lose the war in 4.0..
If a faction expands to a new system in 4.0 that faction expands to the same system in 3.8...
Only the actual narrative event that was to say kill hudson before he could kill winters would never show in EDH3.8 but he would still be dead in 3.8... and winters would take his systems and power play would be altered in EDH 3.8 and 4.0...
All BGS changes will still happen in EDH3.8 and EDH4.0 at the same time...

Last edited:
Azimuth Bio is the permit holder.
The megaship Glorious Prospect is still out at HIP something, probably till next Thursday at the earliest. You can probably get rep from doing Civil War missions from Hind Mine in T Tauri, though you might want to stick to Solo,- AB isn't popular in some quarters.

Have also stumbled into this today after being away for a while and I wanted a pair of modded plasma weapons. Have managed to get allied in T Tauri pretty easily but cannot pick up a permit mission there so am heading back to Pleiades Sector CW-U b3-2 to check the two mega ships

Have also stumbled into this today after being away for a while and I wanted a pair of modded plasma weapons. Have managed to get allied in T Tauri pretty easily but cannot pick up a permit mission there so am heading back to Pleiades Sector CW-U b3-2 to check the two mega ships
They don't have tech brokers, this is why you needed to go to bright sentinel... You also needed to pick up the Human extra items first even having access was useless.. if you left the human cargo items behind...

funny, I did the same loop, just in opposite direction. No Mbooni permit missions for me in T Tauri that I could find, even being 100% allied with AB.

yep can confirm no permit missions on the megaships. I parked up on one for a laugh and logged out. what could go wrong!
Obviously; Glorious Prospect isn't within 20 LY of Mbooni at this time.
It will most likely return to Qarato at some point, check the flight plan at the front.
There is a tech broker at the ground port in Mbooni if the system state is good and not in lock down.

We still share the galaxy map and minour faction state changes with 4.0, If a faction loses a war in EDH3.8 they still lose the war in 4.0..
If a faction expands to a new system in 4.0 that faction expands to the same system in 3.8...
Only the actual narrative event that was to say kill hudson before he could kill winters would never show in EDH3.8 but he would still be dead in 3.8... and winters would take his systems and power play would be altered in EDH 3.8 and 4.0...
All BGS changes will still happen in EDH3.8 and EDH4.0 at the same time...

Yes and No
I will take your word for it but when I play PC and go back to Xbox there are obvious things that are different. I keep reading people comment on it being the same but as an example this event is not on xbox at all, just the video part exists. As such anything that is not unlockable, I assume will not be accessible going forward as soon we will actually be separate.

Yes and No
I will take your word for it but when I play PC and go back to Xbox there are obvious things that are different. I keep reading people comment on it being the same but as an example this event is not on xbox at all, just the video part exists. As such anything that is not unlockable, I assume will not be accessible going forward as soon we will actually be separate.
Its narrative in HIP 22460 and needs 4.0 Graphics to show narrative plot lines... Same as the hudson example above
but All the megas ships are destroyed because that is 3.8 assets set being recycled...

The wars in my home system are resulting in the SAME BGS percentage for each faction in that system no matter WHO was winning it in EDO the result of the wars still show in EDO and EDH no matter whos viewing it via which platform...

when EDH 4.0 releases (to PC) youll see all the narraitve content and any changes to the planet in hip 22460 in 4.0 only..
When all the mega ships move from the local systems back to bubble they will move in EDH 3.8 as well. you just wont get the cut scene using 4.0 in game assets of the mega ships retreating... back to the bubble as thats not there in the game engine 3.8 but the mega ships will show as gone because they have a 3.8 assets version...

Last edited:
Its narrative in HIP 22460 and needs 4.0 Graphics to show narrative plot lines... Same as the hudson example above
but All the megas ships are destroyed because that is 3.8 assets set being recycled...

The wars in my home system are resulting in the SAME BGS percentage for each faction in that system no matter WHO was winning it in EDO the result of the wars still show in EDO and EDH no matter whos viewing it via which platform...

when EDH 4.0 releases (to PC) youll see all the narraitve content and any changes to the planet in hip 22460 in 4.0 only..
When all the mega ships move from the local systems back to bubble they will move in EDH 3.8 as well. you just wont get the cut scene using 4.0 in game assets of the mega ships retreating... back to the bubble as thats not there in the game engine 3.8 but the mega ships will show as gone because they have a 3.8 assets version...
I get that but in my opinion that is not content or accessible content.

The BGS is going on but due to the absence of the other items you mention, console is not influencing anything. Thats my perspective at least…again glad to be wrong but just commenting in the discussion. Not really trying to make a point as I may be off base on some of the BGS components.

well if FDEV aren't going to update the console content hopefully they drop the permit for Mbooni so everyone can have access to the modified guardian weapons

Top Bottom