How to share missions with team members?

So far we've tested restore missions and if everyone has the same one then it updates for everyone (and it's trivial for all of the team to get the same mission with the way the missions work in Odyssey). At some point we'll check them all.
Ah, could you please explain how exactly the team would get the same missions? It may be trivial but I have no idea how. :)
Just trying with my wife, we are in a team in the same station standing next each other on the terminal and it shows us totally different missions.

So far we've tested restore missions and if everyone has the same one then it updates for everyone (and it's trivial for all of the team to get the same mission with the way the missions work in Odyssey). At some point we'll check them all.
A friend and I tried to do a Restore Power mission together last night. We got into a Team, then both went on the same Concourse, opened the mission board, and both selected the same (apparently) mission. We then got in his ship and flew to the site. However, when I inserted a regulator and powered up, his mission goals didn't advance. We didn't have time to test exhaustively, but in the end he didn't complete the mission, but I did.

We plan to try again tonight, and over time go through various mission types to see what works & what doesn't. We're assuming Collection, Heist, Theft, Recovery, and Scavenge missions won't work for Teams, as only 1 CMDR can turn in the MacGuffin.

Our experience so far:

Restore mission: Only one could complete, the player who inserts the power regulator first. Then the mission advanced, but not for my wife. We both had the mission to restore this settlement. Ydiss wrote it worked for him, so unsure on this now. Perhaps we did not have technically the same mission?

Scavengers: No luck here as well. First attempt we flew there with two ships, I entered the instance first, then we killed the scavengers on foot but it only advanced the mission for me (perhaps because it was "my" instance?), not for my wife. We left and reset the instance, killed the bad guys again but it would not count for her. Aborted the mission and tried again, now only she took one mission. Flew there together in the same ship, and no NPC spawned. Her mission objective did not even show up. Very strange.

So far no luck completing any mission as a team. The power regulator mission could only be completed by one, the scavenger either not at all or only by one.

Not so great. Hoping for wing ground missions in the future, like everyone else in this thread I assume.

Still would like to hear some details from Ydiss on the topic getting the same mission as a team. Wife and me were in a team, standing next to each other at terminals and had different missions. So would love to know how "and it's trivial for all of the team to get the same mission with the way the missions work in Odyssey" is meant, totally clueless on this at the moment.

Personally I find roaming settlements as a team hell of fun, but the lack of mission success is somewhat frustrating.

My brother-in-law and I have been trying missions as a team. Last night we successfully completed one "Exterminate the Scavengers" mission as a team. I think the key is to accept the same mission for the same location from the same faction simultaneously. It worked out well. As each kill was registered on my character it was also registered on his. We both flew in my ship to the location and returned without any server disconnects. Total mission time (travel to mission, complete mission, trave back to get rewards) was bout 30-35 minutes.

On the other side of things. We've been having issues with getting kicked, black screened, other issues with trying to participate as a team.

The mission we successfully completed together was bounded by attempted team missions that had issues with the client as noted above but not with the mission per se. So I assume this is still server issues rearing their ugly head.

So, I see that there was an update this morning. We'll test it out tonight probably. https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/359320/view/3049480133398973360

My brother-in-law and I have been trying missions as a team. Last night we successfully completed one "Exterminate the Scavengers" mission as a team. I think the key is to accept the same mission for the same location from the same faction simultaneously. It worked out well. As each kill was registered on my character it was also registered on his. We both flew in my ship to the location and returned without any server disconnects. Total mission time (travel to mission, complete mission, trave back to get rewards) was bout 30-35 minutes.

On the other side of things. We've been having issues with getting kicked, black screened, other issues with trying to participate as a team.

The mission we successfully completed together was bounded by attempted team missions that had issues with the client as noted above but not with the mission per se. So I assume this is still server issues rearing their ugly head.

So, I see that there was an update this morning. We'll test it out tonight probably. https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/359320/view/3049480133398973360
Smth new? Are there team missions for operations now?

Smth new? Are there team missions for operations now?
Not sure. Have only been trying combat missions for now as they seem to update properly when kills are achieved, for 2 players at least.

As someone above mentioned, there is an icon in the mission key for team missions; same icon as wing missions in Horizons. But I haven't seen any Odyssey missions labeled with that icon yet.

Someone (else?) above also mentioned that Wing missions weren't actually used until the next major update after they were added, so we may have to wait until at least the console release in the fall or maybe even later for actual team missions to be implemented/available.

On another note, in the playing we tried to do last night, my BIL and I took a 'remove the scavengers' mission for the same location, but from different factions. We again traveled on my ship, disembarked and began taking out the bag guys and both our totals were going up with each kill. Then we both died, at which point the mission was a failure.

I re-spawned in my ship high up in the atmosphere above the settlement, which is what normally happens in my experience. He re-spawned in Jail. So I went to pick him up, which actually went well; I got docking clearance at the jail and landed and he was able to board my ship. After we took off, we jumped a couple of times. On the second jump, he got stuck in Hyperspace while I continued on. So there are still some kind of synchronized connection issues for them to resolve.

We've repeatedly seen this behavior when trying to travel together on one ship. It happens when jumping, or low waking or disembarking; seems to be related to changing from one travel mode to another. Comms and team membership do not appear to have been affected.

Is anyone else seeing this kind of behavior?

That sounds awesome! Is there a link for that info?
In the news and update section of this forum.

It's similar to the original launch of the game. Wings/teams didn't exist until the first major patch (which was about 4-6 months after release) and then the missions for it came somewhat later on. I imagine the same will happen here.

I don't think so no.

There's no doubt team missions are required. I made this point clear in the alpha test but there's no way they could have implemented it by now. Just need to keep beating that drum.

For now, the best we can hope for is that you can each get the same mission and it'll work if you do it at the same time. I can't see how that'll be true for all mission types though.
How do you get this to work, Ydiss? I play a lot of co-op play in wings / teams and this has been a frustrating part of Odyssey - so I'd love to get this working.

I've tried this a few times and we get separately instanced as soon as we come out of glide.

Weirdly, If one of us then abandons the mission they will then magically pop up in one of the other team mates instances. So, the best we've been able to do is for one person to take the mission and the others to just help out.

How do you get this to work, Ydiss? I play a lot of co-op play in wings / teams and this has been a frustrating part of Odyssey - so I'd love to get this working.

I've tried this a few times and we get separately instanced as soon as we come out of glide.

Weirdly, If one of us then abandons the mission they will then magically pop up in one of the other team mates instances. So, the best we've been able to do is for one person to take the mission and the others to just help out.
We've had issues too. My friend often doesn't see me at all but I can see him, he cannot use my ship. We still managed to complete our respective missions though, it's really weird.

It needs work. It doesn't always go right and more often lately it's gone wrong.

I'd appreciate somewhere easy and notable where Frontier would inform us when Team Missions are working.
Of my group, two of us have Odyssey. We have recommended the rest of the group NOT invest in Odyssey until we can all easily play with each other as a group.

We're waiting on you Frontier and we won't be returning until you can let us play as a group.

I've done a dozen or so restore missions with my son. We both take the same or similar mission from the terminal, get into one ship and head to the settlement. Only one of us needs to insert the Power Regulator for both our missions to complete. One of us ends up keeping the unused Power Regulator, great bonus. Not had any issues so far.

Top Bottom