Human weapons vs. Thargoid Scouts - which are best?

I’m putting together an anti-scout Anaconda build, and once the 4 x AX multi-cannons have been fitted, plus a small thermal vent beam, there’s still lots of room for other weapons.

So my question is, what should I fill these slots with?

The AXI build fills the remaining slots with multis, but could I add lasers instead?

Does the Thargoid 77% resistance apply to all human weapons the same, or is there a difference between types, i.e. thermal vs kinetic?

Thanks

I’m putting together an anti-scout Anaconda build, and once the 4 x AX multi-cannons have been fitted, plus a small thermal vent beam, there’s still lots of room for other weapons.

The AXI build fills the remaining slots with multis, but could I add lasers instead?

Does the Thargoid 77% resistance apply to all human weapons the same, or is there a difference between types, i.e. thermal vs kinetic?

Thanks

Lasors.
No point to put more weapons that need ammo...

Edit: and btw, 4x large ax mc turrets are really efficient against scouts, so anything goes in the other slots

Edit2: you can also put rails, if you want to use the opportunity to practice fixed weapons

Last edited:
Thanks all.
Everyone saying get rails for the AX practice - and that makes a lot of sense. (although doing that in an annie would be somewhat different to a chieftain, and I certainly won’t be taking an annie in against the interceptors…)

I had a Cheiftain AX Scout build that has served me well. 2 x AX multis and 2 x Gauss Cannons (for the practice shots).

I have upgraded that same ship to an anti-interceptor ship with 4 x gauss, flak launcher - the usual stuff. Not tried it out yet though…

So I was looking for a new “scout farmer” if you like, hence the question on resistances to human weapons. I’m hearing it’s 77% across the board so I could go anything really? Does that make sense?

This was my anti-scout chieftain

Which I have turned in to this, to fight the larger insect-turds

I’m nervous though.
Never fought an interceptor, and never flown shieldless before…

I’d strongly recommend the AXI discord for advice on AX, although they will say “shieldless chieftain” :)

Multicannons are probably good, just because of the aiming points being similar to the ax multis. Or efficient thermal vent beams if you’re in ax czs?

I tried for a long time to make an anaconda or corvette work in ax czs, but for big ships, the only practical option is the cutter imo. The problem is, when you need to run, you REALLY need to run, and the cutter can do that. You need something that can go at least 460 m/s, so that’s why I stick to the cutter.

The krait mk 2 can run 4x axmc very effectively, and can outrun all the goids, so maybe an option?

It’s awesome shredding scouts with the 4x axmcs, but maybe you might want to try switching two hardpoints over to guardian gauss, just for the practice - take a few pot shots at the bigger goids, just for fun. :) They also work for scouts once you get the hang of it. I gradually dipped my toe in, like this, until I got to the point where I was reliably sniping a few hearts, and then suddenly cyclops became doable.

I also always use fighters, unless in wing. Size 6 is best, one guardian lance slot, one ax taipan. They are a kind of disposable mobile chaff for the swarms, they help a LOT with scouts and can be a handy supply of infinite gauss reloads if you’re caught short. They’re a pain to manage, but definitely a strong net positive in a big ship imo.

FWIW I very much prefer ax czs for scout farming, but obviously you then have to deal with interceptors as well, so for me, everything ax ends up being about gauss, with fighters (especially lance) helping out with the scouts.

Anyhow. Hope some of that helps? :)

Thanks
I run G5 OC gimbal multis on a gunship for scouts they have lower TTK than ax multis as they are gimbals, and u get 7 of them as opposec to 4.

Top Bottom