I don’t want Odyssey, can I stay with Horizons for now?

No-one is forcing you to climb out of your ship in Odyssey. Almost all of the reported issues are with the added functionality in Odyssey, not the improvements to Horizons content.

In-space, planets and stars look better, plus you can land on more planets in Odyssey. When you do land on any planet, the view is a lot better, much less cartoony, even in the SRV.

I don't expect Horizons will get much in the way of improvements, why should it, Odyssey is effectively Season 3, and with that come the in space upgrades and improvements.

If you paid for it, use it, may as well enjoy the view.

And there has been no intonation of ending Horizons, You can even play pre-horizons still. (don't launch that while your ship is landed on an odyssey planet though (could be messy). The Stellar Forge is the same core system, they just extended the accessible attributes for Odyssey gameplay in the same database. So Odyssey First Discovered/mapped By credits will show in Horizons and vice versa. Horizons just won't see the Odyssey exclusive stuff like landable planets with an atmosphere, or First Footfall credits.
Tell that to the copious amount of broken planets that have mountains that just appear out of thin air.

No, all the fine differentiation seen in real space photography is gone. Just a hideous over-saturated mess with crushed blacks and eye-straining over-bright flickering (in space!) stars now compared to horizons correct astronomy.
Maybe you'll want to take a wander into the core to check out Horizon's "Correct Astronomy" the Perfect Cubes of B Type stars have been there from the beginning.

As for the Dust Vs Black. Both of you need to realise that is because you are either in (or well away from) the galactic plane.

In the plane from the bubble to the core, it's like you are flying in a dust storm (because actually, you are. Just take a look at the Milky way on a clear night without light pollution)

Out of the plane and towards the other rim, The sky is black as can be and accurately not that many stars either.

As for the flickering, Try turning off Supersampling and try out different anti aliasing options, that might cure that.

Maybe you'll want to take a wander into the core to check out Horizon's "Correct Astronomy" the Perfect Cubes of B Type stars have been there from the beginning.

As for the Dust Vs Black. Both of you need to realise that is because you are either in (or well away from) the galactic plane.

In the plane from the bubble to the core, it's like you are flying in a dust storm (because actually, you are. Just take a look at the Milky way on a clear night without light pollution)

Out of the plane and towards the other rim, The sky is black as can be and accurately not that many stars either.

As for the flickering, Try turning off Supersampling and try out different anti aliasing options, that might cure that.
Edit the settings file. It’s just a render limiter that can be turned off.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
meaning?

simply say something about, maybe a typo..?
it happens, thank you for punting this out so politely, much appreciated

look closely at the dates...

some backers paid looong before we played.
I mean that Elite is definitely not an mobile app, or an equivalent of one in computer/console gaming. That was a very cheap and unfair comparison, which made an impression you can't be taken seriously. If you want serious discussion, do not ridicule it.

I was under the apparent false impression that anyone is allowed to have their opinion. And to voice that opinion without being ridiculed.
I play this game, and there is no actual game in EDO.
all these threads about the lack of gameplay in it, and mostly from new cmdrs that only bought EDO, then they leave after 2 weeks of grind for nothing.

FWIW my opinion is as valid as any one's.

thank you again , much appreciated.
Elite is a great game
Elite Dangerous is a great game
Elite Dangerous Horizons is a Fantastic game.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I was under the apparent false impression that anyone is allowed to have their opinion. And to voice that opinion without being ridiculed.
I play this game, and there is no actual game in EDO.
all these threads about the lack of gameplay in it, and mostly from new cmdrs that only bought EDO, then they leave after 2 weeks of grind for nothing.

FWIW my opinion is as valid as any one's.

thank you again , much appreciated.
Elite is a great game
Elite Dangerous is a great game
Elite Dangerous Horizons is a Fantastic game.
Yes, luckily, this is just your subjective opinion and not a fact :p

OIP (6).jpg

I was talking abo
Although everyone seems to advise against it, I get the best results with VSync On and everything else (wherever possible, except Bloom) on ultra or ultra+.

SS 1.0 and "normal", not this new AMD thing. As a welcome side effect, my machine also stays nicely cool.
ut the star issue, u can fix that by changing the value of the stars rendered. You can also make it so that planets use higher res textures

Top Bottom