I feel I'm completely excluded from material and data gathering in Odyssey 🙁

Sorry - but that isn't true - suprise scav drops after you have started the mission still happen. I have been surprised on several occassions mid 'exploration' after completing the mission.

I had them at the start of the mission and then they even got reinforcements while i was faffing around trying to figure out how to deal with them after nailing a straggler without alerting the other scavs at the site (that's on my epic alt running in g2-g3 store equipment)

Sorry - but that isn't true - suprise scav drops after you have started the mission still happen. I have been surprised on several occassions mid 'exploration' after completing the mission.

Then it's time to move on? Mean to say you might need to depart but you don't need to fight them.

If you want to avoid scavs I say go to an active base. I've been building my Chemicals by theiving around an agricultural base. Two or three successful trips (ie. without being caught and having to stop) have stocked me back up well.

If you have a moral problem with thievery (which has no negative influence on the BGS, as long as you don't hurt anyone) I think you can pretend you were invited by managment, or Elite Pilot's Federation. Base employees aren't allowed to take anything though, "so keep in hush," and the company providing security has standing orders from the administrator / foreman / middle management, so avoid them.

Once you know where the door authorisation panel is though - and disable it - drop your ID, and you can walk around without a security care in the world. Just take care when you pick things up, so nobody gets jealous.

Last edited:
Specifically for Reactivations? Which is what I'm talking about. Yes, they do drop in for kill scavs and other missions but that is not what I'm referring to.

For Odyssey engineers all materials can be traded between players.

It’s better to barter materials as credits don’t have much value anymore with how easy they are to come by, but that’s a player economy for you.

For Odyssey engineers all materials can be traded between players.

That is possible yes. Since it is, would be nice to see it streamlined at some point, even though I do like it that ytou actually see the object in question as it is now. Laborious process though, for exchanging any more than one or two items.

That is possible yes. Since it is, would be nice to see it streamlined at some point, even though I do like it that ytou actually see the object in question as it is now. Laborious process though, for exchanging any more than one or two items.
At present player trading does feel a bit like the end scene from the good the bad and the ugly.

Completely agreed with OP.
Personally I'm kinda ok with combat (though I don't really do it well), but I feel very disappointed about the whole Odyssey being mostly a shooting game. With no connection to the rest of the ED.

Anyway, FDevs are known to make things extremely slow, so there is a slight chance of a meaningful update for this issue, one way or another.

Honestly, the best ED can do with a small effort - is to introduce a p2p trading & market, including materials.
In addition to solving the "grind" (and non-combat) issues, it will make credits meaningful again.

Personally I'm kinda ok with combat (though I don't really do it well), but I feel very disappointed about the whole Odyssey being mostly a shooting game. With no connection to the rest of the ED.
It seems to me you may have been too busy grinding out mats to notice the connections. It is all quite connected, actually.

It seems to me you may have been too busy grinding out mats to notice the connections. It is all quite connected, actually.
It's not, unfortunately. There is no single mechanic common for EDH and EDO (except the ability to travel in ship and disembark on a planet/starport)
In other words, I can't make any "good" for my ship-based gameplay from the legs-based gameplay, and vice versa

It's not, unfortunately. There is no single mechanic common for EDH and EDO (except the ability to travel in ship and disembark on a planet/starport)
In other words, I can't make any "good" for my ship-based gameplay from the legs-based gameplay, and vice versa
You can participate in ground CZs using your ship or SRV.
You can use your ship or SRV to clear out scavengers and pirates.
Just the two that come to mind readily. Kind of hard to do space CZs on foot, for some odd reason.

Oh, also, expecting lots of mechanics to be interlinked (at least to begin with) is not really all that reasonable. Odyssey is about adding a whole new set of mechanics, not just extending what's already there.

You can participate in ground CZs using your ship or SRV.
You can use your ship or SRV to clear out scavengers and pirates.
Just the two that come to mind readily. Kind of hard to do space CZs on foot, for some odd reason.
You can't target infantry from a ship. Yes they are getting damage from a ship's weapon, but that's it.

Oh, also, expecting lots of mechanics to be interlinked (at least to begin with) is not really all that reasonable. Odyssey is about adding a whole new set of mechanics, not just extending what's already there.
That's exactly my point - Odyssey added a bunch of new mechanics, an none of them is connected to the EDH gameplay.

You can't target infantry from a ship. Yes they are getting damage from a ship's weapon, but that's it.
So what? It's difficult to hit something that small from something that big (and even a sidewinder is big compared to a humanoid).
That's exactly my point - Odyssey added a bunch of new mechanics, an none of them is connected to the EDH gameplay.
Well, they are, you just haven't looked closely enough to see the connections. Or even payed attention to the issues with anarchy factions, bounties, and notoriety.

An Adder, Imperial Eagle or Imperial Courier equipped with three racks of Dumb fire missiles set to fire a three missile salvo, gives a triangular impact pattern. This is an area effect (like artillery) weapon and you do not target individuals. Aim in the middle of a group or at an individual or at any convenient point, and they go down. You can even effect the ones in cover.

Forgot to add, there is combined arms with ships/SRVs/CMDRs on foot.
The ship takes out many of the enemy as possible, the SRV is deployed to confirm the area clear or locate as yet unidentified enemy and take them out if possible. For the hard to get at enemy or those in buildings, the grunts, sorry, CMDRs, deploy to go from room to room.
Steve 07.

Last edited:
So what? It's difficult to hit something that small from something that big (and even a sidewinder is big compared to a humanoid).

Well, they are, you just haven't looked closely enough to see the connections. Or even payed attention to the issues with anarchy factions, bounties, and notoriety.
I did and there are no connections. Zero. Separate materials, separate GUI, separate tools & weapons, separate stats, separate items - everything is disconnected.
You can't even check the commodity container while being on foot.
It's just a whole separate game, for now.

Top Bottom