I got a game breaking bug and i dont know how to fix it

Greetings,

Last week i got a bug in ED:Odessy and since then, its impossible to assign one of my ships as active and im stuck on foot at a Space Station.

How i got the Bug:
I accepted a reactivation mission. I landed at the Settlement Pad, got out and reentered the ship because i equipped the wrong gear. Suddenly my scrren turned Black but the UI was still enabled and i could move. To resolve this i logged out and relogged but then i was spawned at the settlement without my ship although it was seen as stored in that settlement. I decided to take a Apex cab to the nearest Station to get another ship but i wasnt possible to pick another ship at Inter Astra. The only dialog options were to start a training simulation(which doesnt work) and goodbye. At this very Moment im stuck on foot and i cant access my ships or buy a new one.

What i already tried to solve the problem:
  • I veryfied the Gamee Files(Steam and Standalone Version). Also deinstalled and installed the Game(Both Versions)
  • Suicide, get into Crime, tried boarding to friend's ship(which also doesnt work even the SRV is inaccessable) and sold my active ship.
  • I started ED:Horizon and tried to launch a session. I didnt work and only get same Information that my Commander is on foot and that the game will spawn me in the nearest Space port. I coulnt find out how to get out of this loop.

I already posted this in the issue tracker but so far i got no answer to my problem. Ist there someone who had the same problem and solved it somehow? I dont know what to do. It seems like the Game cant address my active ship and all options which are relying on that are somehoe blocked, so a cant do anything besides taking a cab to on foot missions.

Any help would be really great^^

issue tracker is just that its for tracking issues (aka bugs) and for people to vote (me to) for issues to be fixed you wont receive any feedback or support from Fdev unless they require more info

if you require help you need to raise a support ticket here, then sit back and wait at least 7 working days

hmm a bit of a corker
what I would attempt
find out on gal map where your ship is( probably stuck in orbit)
get cab to nearest settlement so you are outside on foot get 1km away from settlement and maybe even log at that point
try ship recall function

Last edited:
hmm a bit of a corker
what I would attempt
get cab to nearest settlement so you are outside on foot get 1km away from settlement and maybe even log at that point
try ship recall function
thats a good idea. unfortunely i tried this as well but the option isnt availlable. sry i forgot to mention that

hmm a bit of a corker
what I would attempt
try ship recall function
thanks i will try that

or as above then boot horizons
else I think a ticket will be your only option title it unable to play please move me

Last edited:
Start the training sim and cancel. See if that changes your options
Also tried that^^ Nothing changes. i think the Game cant address my active ship and got no event or function to recall another of my ships as an active ship. I also sold my active ship after i died to see if this would fix it. It didnt...

If your active ship was left at a base then you need to go back to that planet and call it back from orbit (as you should have done in the first place)

Edit: ofc a lot is broken in the game, and you have been messing around a lot, so this may no longer work 🤷‍♀️

i wasnt possible to pick another ship at Inter Astra
It should have dialog starting as "i'm sorry commander, ur current ship is else where, should I deliver that to current station?" - then you click it, then weird ship selection pops which means nothing, just confirm ur last used.

Oh, and check if station has shipyard at all. better go to big one to be sure.

If your active ship was left at a base then you need to go back to that planet and call it back from orbit (as you should have done in the first place)

Edit: ofc a lot is broken in the game, and you have been messing around a lot, so this may no longer work 🤷‍♀️
yes I thought as well but the option was never available. I only could call Apex

It should have dialog starting as "i'm sorry commander, ur current ship is else where, should I deliver that to current station?" - then you click it, then weird ship selection pops which means nothing, just confirm ur last used.

Oh, and check if station has shipyard at all. better go to big one to be sure.
I tried several different stations. This dialog option isnt there

Top Bottom