I got automatic access to some engineers?

Hi everyone, I was just in the process of flying back to my main system after being detained when I got a message from the Dweller saying I could contact him now. I went to my engineer tab to check it out and noticed I not only have him completely unlocked now, but also Elvira. The thing is, I've never even been to either of their systems before so it's not possible for me to have fulfilled either of their contracts.

I just recently bought Odyssey, could they have been given to me automatically because of that? Or is this a bug?

Hi everyone, I was just in the process of flying back to my main system after being detained when I got a message from the Dweller saying I could contact him now. I went to my engineer tab to check it out and noticed I not only have him completely unlocked now, but also Elvira. The thing is, I've never even been to either of their systems before so it's not possible for me to have fulfilled either of their contracts.

I just recently bought Odyssey, could they have been given to me automatically because of that? Or is this a bug?

An invite is not the same as an unlock, be interested to hear what happens when you actually get the time to visit them!

No, I'm saying I have complete access to them.

Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.05.24 - 01.42.25.24.pngElite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.05.24 - 01.43.01.54.pngElite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.05.24 - 01.43.24.33.png

Yeah I know what you mean. There is one where you supposedly have to deliver Soontil Relics or something like that. Never did it but have access. Another one to do with delivering gold, never did that but have access, etc. Yet there are plenty of others I do have to do the contracts for for access.

It's a bug.
If you haven't had to do their chores (Elvira requires Soontil Relics while the Dweller asks for credits), it is definitely a bug
It's a consistent one. My current save is only a few weeks old and same deal again with a handful of engineers that say I have done a thing I haven't.

What a strange bug, I guess I'll just pretend these specific engineers were fond of me and waived their initial contracts :)

It's a consistent one. My current save is only a few weeks old and same deal again with a handful of engineers that say I have done a thing I haven't.
I've just started playing one of my alts in EDO (thanks to the reduced price for the expansion on Epic store) and this one has to unlock everyone as normal. When I reset my 2nd alt a while back, yes, it had a few engineers (as yours) ready to play along without meeting their unlock requirements. Possibly it is a bug to do with reset accounts, rather than new ones?

I've just started playing one of my alts in EDO (thanks to the reduced price for the expansion on Epic store) and this one has to unlock everyone as normal. When I reset my 2nd alt a while back, yes, it had a few engineers (as yours) ready to play along without meeting their unlock requirements. Possibly it is a bug to do with reset accounts, rather than new ones?
Could be. I have seen it happen on multiple saves as I was iron-manning it there for a bit but never really thought much of it other than "that's odd".

Top Bottom